Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoke Away

Options
  • 11-05-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Always a tough game, fancy us to win 2-1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

0-2 to us. They are safe so should be relaxing a little

Anything less than a win and it's curtains for us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well it's win or the season is definitely over as I can't see Arsenal not picking up at least 2 points from their remaining 2 games. It'll be tough but a if ever the lads needed to raise their game, the time is now.

Win and Arsenal get nervous, though I'd still expect them to beat Wigan. Newcastle away will be different though, so as long as we beat Stoke we have a real chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hope Ade's twin plays again tomorrow. Ye no excuses required, a win is a must. Will need good defending if we are to get all the points at the Brittiania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I fear for us defending corners and set pieces tbh. Please just make it go to the last day, we deserve that at least.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I fear for us defending corners and set pieces tbh. Please just make it go to the last day, we deserve that at least.

Oh yes, torture or ecstasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

KingdomYid wrote: »

Atleast we wouldn't be seeing St. Totteringham day until the final day of the season for a second consecutive year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Can't see us winning...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

THFC wrote: »
    Can't see us winning...:(

Same here. 1-1 draw with us scoring early. Hope Im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

This is the fence I'm sitting on: we either go 1 up and they equalise quickly - as has happened so many times this season - and that's where it stays or AVB uses his magic dust to calm everyone down, and we go out and have some fun. Stoke are never going to concede four or five, but we could win it 3-0 if we get our mojo on. What's remarkable, for all of our attacking, we only scored four on one occasion this season. Having said all of that, Paddy Power is offer 7-1 on a 2-1 win... Christ, as long as we win.

That's it really, as long as we win. I don't care how it happens, as long as it happens. Today is our cup final and who knows what could happen if we win. I believe AVB can get the players into the right frame of mind so let's hope Ade is up for it and puts in a Chelsea-esque performance, and that the ref is man enough to confront the inevitable bully-boy tactics that Stoke will employ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

SuprSi wrote: »
    That's it really, as long as we win. I don't care how it happens, as long as it happens. Today is our cup final and who knows what could happen if we win. I believe AVB can get the players into the right frame of mind so let's hope Ade is up for it and puts in a Chelsea-esque performance, and that the ref is man enough to confront the inevitable bully-boy tactics that Stoke will employ.

Nail on the head. 2-1 to the Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Up at 05:30 in the morning for first day of new job... Can't really go to work absolutely shattered in first day....

Gonna have to go asleep!... Gutted :(

A win today and Arsenal have to win otherwise it's not in their hands going into final game. Simple as that.. Really hope the lads are up for it...

I'll inevitably will be waking up though to goal updates from my app.. Hoping to be woken up only three times! 0-3 to Spurs! Come on!

Night folks.. 'No commitment' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Anyone got the starting XL for this game?

I have to say I've a strange feeling we're actually gonna make CL. Hopefully due to a last minute howler from szczesny but I'll take what i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Team v Stoke - Lloris; Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen; Lennon, Huddlestone, Parker, Dempsey; Adebayor, Bale

And our subs v Stoke - Friedel, Naughton, Carroll, Dembele, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Pity Dembele must not be 100%. I'd sooner see Carroll or Sigurdsson start before Dempsey but regardless COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hopefully Huddlestone scores...!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If the defense play like last week then we'll lose, Stoke aren't renowned for there speed up front so Dawson is a safe bet. Etherington, fecker always plays well against us. Nzonzi and Adams are filthy beggars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

hudd playing? Dempsey instead of siggy? ah jaysus im not confident! please please please win!

I fancy Dempsey to score today. 3-1 to Spurs.

Need a good performance from Lennon . Has been very poor recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Last 6 games are win-draw-win-draw-win-draw so we must be winning this one!

Fúcking joke shop defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

your ****ing joking me unbelievable! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why am i not surprised...

Parker just stands there ...AGAIN

He has had such a pathetic season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Do we practice at pieces at all?

FFS :mad:

There were 2 or 3 unmarked Stoke players ready to head that ball - shocking defending.

AVB looks furious.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    There were 2 or 3 unmarked Stoke players ready to head that ball - shocking defending.

They all ran around Parker and he just stood there looking at them

Why didn't he attack the ball ???

Advertisement