Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Sony Experia

Options
  • 11-05-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I bought a Sony xperia j on the 31st of January and 3weeks ago it deleted my contacts pictures and music, so on the 2nd of may I returned it to emobile on henry street and they sent it off for repair. On the 9th of may I got it back from the shop and they told me it was fixed. Now on the 11th of may I woke up to find my contacts music and pictures are gone again I rang emobile on henry street and they told me I'd have to sent it off again l. I am not happy with this and would like a replacement Sony xperia, can u please help me. What are my rights ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi AlisonSmithers - I've moved your post to its own thread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You are entitled to a repair, replacement or a refund. As the retailer has already attempted a repair it is reasonable for you to refuse any further repair and insist on a replacement or refund. Most retailers have a shop policy of three or more repairs but this is only their policy and is not your statutory rights. Most will do anything to avoid a replacement or refund but your rights are simple in this case. You can insist on a rwplacement or refund. I suggest writing to the shop outlining your statutory rights and their obligation to provide redress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

As above but make yourself aware of the Small Claims Court procedure and don't be afraid to use it.

Advertisement