Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flys for corrib

Options
  • 11-05-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi there. I'm for my yearly trip to lough corrib but with the weather the way it is I've been told there's no mayfly. Can ye suggest what sort flys to use and what way to fish them. I only fly fish the mayfly so know very little about any other type of flys. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

.james1984 wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm for my yearly trip to lough corrib but with the weather the way it is I've been told there's no mayfly. Can ye suggest what sort flys to use and what way to fish them. I only fly fish the mayfly so know very little about any other type of flys. Thanks.

Octopus top dropper, Mayfly or Olives middle and point. Call into Tommy Tuck and pick up a few flies. I fished last week and conditions were terrible had a few trout on patterns I just described, one 4lber caught by another angler using a green fly(he had no name for it) probably a green'ish olive. Buy a few dabblers aswell and fish Intermediates or slow sinkers

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.james1984

stylie wrote: »
    Octopus top dropper, Mayfly or Olives middle and point. Call into Tommy Tuck and pick up a few flies. I fished last week and conditions were terrible had a few trout on patterns I just described, one 4lber caught by another angler using a green fly(he had no name for it) probably a green'ish olive. Buy a few dabblers aswell and fish Intermediates or slow sinkers[/quote

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

stylie wrote: »
    Octopus top dropper, Mayfly or Olives middle and point. Call into Tommy Tuck and pick up a few flies. I fished last week and conditions were terrible had a few trout on patterns I just described, one 4lber caught by another angler using a green fly(he had no name for it) probably a green'ish olive. Buy a few dabblers aswell and fish Intermediates or slow sinkers

I called into Tommy Tucks today for the first time ever as we were blown off Corrib.....

He is a hell of a very nice gentleman, he couldnt be more helpful, even helped me get details for maps of The Corrib and Mask.

I highly recommend a visit to this mans shop.... nice man, and I wish him luck.

I called into Tommy Tucks today for the first time ever as we were blown off Corrib.....

He is a hell of a very nice gentleman, he couldnt be more helpful, even helped me get details for maps of The Corrib and Mask.

I highly recommend a visit to this mans shop.... nice man, and I wish him luck.

Thanks for this lads. Where is his shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

.james1984 wrote: »
    Thanks for this lads. Where is his shop.

On the main street in Oughterard.

• Advertisement

Thank you will call in the morning.

Advertisement