Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba laptop Power Supply repair/replacement

• 11-05-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭

My Toshiba C660 Satellite laptop's power supply unit needs replacement or repair.

It's just the part which plugs into the laptop that seems to have an intermittent fault, like one of the wires inside the rubber insulation might be fractured. Sometimes it works, then it doesn't.

Anyone know where in town I might get a used PSU or have mine repaired?
    Hardly worth buying a new one as the laptop is old now.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

the headshop,darkside in foxes bow replaced mine for 25 still perfect 6 months on,do not nuy from the chinese gadget shop on thomas st. they offered me a new one for 50 euro with 1 week warranty,rubish brand.
    your man in foxes bow is great and you are buying irish also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

daveob007 wrote: »
    the headshop,darkside in foxes bow replaced mine for 25 still perfect 6 months on,do not nuy from the chinese gadget shop on thomas st. they offered me a new one for 50 euro with 1 week warranty,rubish brand.
    your man in foxes bow is great and you are buying irish also.
    What brand is the foxes bow one? Didn't know there was an irish manufacturer.

by buying irish i don't mean irish product but irish business doing the work.
    mine is an asus brand new and he fitted the plug to fit my samsung laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

tippman1 wrote: »
    My Toshiba C660 Satellite laptop's power supply unit needs replacement or repair.

It's just the part which plugs into the laptop that seems to have an intermittent fault, like one of the wires inside the rubber insulation might be fractured. Sometimes it works, then it doesn't.

Anyone know where in town I might get a used PSU or have mine repaired?
    Hardly worth buying a new one as the laptop is old now.

Any advice appreciated.

Limerick computers,
    Topaz Singland Motors,
    Groody Roundabout,
    Castletroy
    061 518330

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You get them for 16 euro on e-bay from a guy up in dublin ordered mine last week (have a toshiba satellitte myself) came the next day and is working perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

daveob007 wrote: »
    by buying irish i don't mean irish product but irish business doing the work.
    mine is an asus brand new and he fitted the plug to fit my samsung laptop.

But is the gadget shop on Thomas Street not an Irish business too?

I assume they pay their rates the same as everybody else!

But is the gadget shop on Thomas Street not an Irish business too?

I assume they pay their rates the same as everybody else!
    not really,they are chinese which is not a problem but they do supply cheap and poor quality chinese imported products and offer little or no warranty.

while on the topic of toshiba,,does anyone have a loan of a recovery disc for a satellite pro l40 vista home basic edition,my niece has one and it needs a full recover but has no disc.
    thanks, +1 on the guy at singland motors also

Advertisement