Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an image upload size

Options
  • 11-05-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi, i'm trying to decide on an image upload size for my website, i have from 500kb up to 10mb to choose from. Would 500 kb be ok, as im thinking of disk usage as well. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

What's the context? ie. who is going to be uploading images and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

Blacknight wrote: »
    What's the context? ie. who is going to be uploading images and why?
    Users on a website I have..but I think its down to the plan you have? For disk usage. Im on s shared server. My disk space is nearly gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I resize all my photos from 4608 x 3072 7/8 MB down to 1027 x 683 which reduces the file size to about 100Kb, (even that is a bit overkill) I find it works best for my websites. Uploading full res photos would kill your page load times (theres no need for them full res)

Edit Just read back on your post, other users are uploading photos to your website? there are plug-ins to reduce pixel size which you can set and also set maximum upload file size.

Advertisement