Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plasma TV run in time

• 11-05-2013 7:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

I've just bought a new LG 50 inch plasma TV.

I hear alot about plasma tv run in time

Does run in time apply to modern 2013 plasma tvs ?

If so, does it mean that I should leave picture settings like : Colour, Contrast, brightness, panel light etc at 50% for the first 100 hours or so ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Anyone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Does the manual have anything to say on the subject?

Edit: It would seem not, at least the downloadable version I found.

I would turn the brightness (peak white level) down somewhat, and also the pixel brightness (ie the overall panel light output). You don't need to go overboard with it. Run it like that for about 100hrs and then gradually bring both values up towards your intended settings over another 100hrs. Then calibrate.

Avoid static images and letterboxes during the break-in period if possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Thanks for the replies.
    So looks like the run in period for Plasmas still applies to modern 2013 plasmas :)

Ill wait so until after 100 hours or so to bring the brightness and stuff up to my preferred settings

Advertisement