Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mugged in Waterville

Options
  • 11-05-2013 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just wanted to post here because I know there's a good few Watervillers that post on here sometimes. My girlfriend was mugged not 5 minutes walk from my apartment last night at 10pm, just outside the entrance into Waterville Terrace. 4 young lads 16 - 17 years old, all wearing tracksuit bottoms and hoodies. One of them had a knife for definite, not sure about the others.

The Garda are aware. Be careful guys, and be aware and vigilant at all times even when you're in your own neighborhood. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

OMG :eek::eek::eek:

That's terrible to hear, hope your GF is ok. First time in 9 years of living in Waterville that I have heard of someone being attacked like that.

I would guess the attackers weren't Waterville residents and might have an idea where they came from but hopefully the Gardai will catch them and nip this in the bud. Doesn't Waterville Terrace have CCTV?

Hope they fall down on their knives and sever a major artery.
    Absolute scumbags.
    Hope the garda can shed some light on the lads involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Jesus that's horrendous and first time ive heard of something so awful like that happen in the area. Hope your gf is ok :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Thanks guys. It was on the main road just past the entrance in so no cameras there. She's shaken up and very wary of any groups of lads about plus she won't be comfortable walking around at night but apart from that she isn't injured luckily.

I've been in Waterville for over 4 years myself. This is the first time I've heard of or experienced any hassle.

Advertisement