Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site not loading first time

Options
  • 11-05-2013 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

This problem is a recent enough one. When I click next page on any thread, the next page will not load, or the page will load, but all the next / previous controls on the bottom of the page won't load. In both cases, a page refresh fixes the issue, but it's an annoying little bug.

Problem has occured on Samsung s3, both stock and rooted. Android 4.2.2, though its happened in the last version too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I'm having the same issue to the one above.

When I open up a thread and go onto the next or previous page like above all the page controls have disappeared meaning I have to refresh the page to show them again get to the next page. Really annoying trying to read a large thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I recently did a full wipe, and things are working fine now :D I think wiping the /system partition in the process might have smoothed things? Either way its all good now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

OK, so an update and I've found the problem. Its the adblockplus app. So I've got it disabled and the problems, which had returned, left straight after turning it off. So there ya go lads! Might be a handy question for mods to ask if the issue is reported again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Cheers for that, I can see why the JS would be blocked (and therefore cause other errors) down the chain. We'll be sure to ask people about adblockers if they come to us with the issue.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement