Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best piece of advice...

• 11-05-2013 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

...you have been given or ignored.
    Given : any kindness you can show to someone do it now as you won't pass this way again.
    Ignored: he's too old for you .... Still going strong 18 years later :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Heed this advice;

Don't listen to any advice given on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Best piece of advice I ever got in my life was from ny dad.

He told me "son, if you're not in bed by three o'clock come home"

Never failed me yet. Cheers dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Best bits of advice I've gotten:

#1 Never trust a fart
    #2 Never waste an erection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Don't smoke crack.

Or was it smoke crack. Hmmmm. I'll get back to you on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭buckshotbrolan

My pappy once told me " son if you ever fu*k an elephant".... Make sure ur on top!
    Great advice!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Ignored- don't start smoking.

Best advice- always be honest about your feelings. I'm ignoring that one too right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

SamHall wrote: »
    Best piece of advice I ever got in my life was from ny dad.

He told me "son, if you're not in bed by three o'clock come home"

Never failed me yet. Cheers dad.
    That's terrible advice. 3 am is the worst time of the day to try and get home, better to wait til morning and get a bus.

Unless your Dad meant three in the afternoon, in which case, carry on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

Keep her betwixt the ditches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

If you are ever thinking of having an asphyxiw*nk have a normal w*nk first and then see if it seems like such a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Don't get caught:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

That despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, one should always insist on one's innocence.

Thanks Shaggy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

“You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
    "Why, what did she tell you?"
    "I don't know, I didn't listen.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

My bank manager back in the late 80s refering to the affordability of my first mortgage...

"If you cannot pay your months mortgage (or rent) and feed yourself out of two weeks wages, you cant afford it!"
    (or words to that effect)

Great advise, pity I didn't keep in mind enough times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

'So your ugly, have no friends and zero personality skills - why haven't you just gone and ended it all already?'

A family member gave said that to me at Xmas, maybe i should i taken her advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

"If in doubt, **** it out"

I'm convinced this saved me from both salmonella and bad relationships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

never drink a beer that has z in its name, it will give you the runs.

all you prospective prazsky drinkers out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

This is a piece of advice my father gave to me.
    Now this refers not only to lagging, but all forms of insulation.
    He said "don't ever"...no, wait, it was "always"...no er, "never, never" - oh wait now, I've forgotten..... Never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭dupeters

Best piece of advice i was given ---"Beware of the Yellow coloured snow"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Best was 'check your mirror for the man on the bike'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Always have a "shouldn't" instead of a "What if" when you're looking back on life...

Best advice I've ever gotten. Took me a while to figure it out, but it was from my Grandmother and when I asked her she said she looked back on certain scenarios and said to herself "What if I'd just said this..." or whatever, and when she was in hospital close enough to the end, she said in retrospect, she wished she could look back and say "I shouldn't have told that guy to shove his job up his a*se!"

I really wanted to say that at her funeral mass in my 'Prayer of the Faithfuk' but apparently no swearing in a church, who knew...

Anyway, it's going to be a tattoo soon! Fantastic advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    'So your ugly, have no friends and zero personality skills - why haven't you just gone and ended it all already?'

A family member gave said that to me at Xmas, maybe i should i taken her advice.

...jesus. Whoever she is sounds like a horrible person. Pay her no attention, Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

brianblaze wrote: »
    Always have a "shouldn't" instead of a "What if" when you're looking back on life...

Best advice I've ever gotten. Took me a while to figure it out, but it was from my Grandmother and when I asked her she said she looked back on certain scenarios and said to herself "What if I'd just said this..." or whatever, and when she was in hospital close enough to the end, she said in retrospect, she wished she could look back and say "I shouldn't have told that guy to shove his job up his a*se!"

I really wanted to say that at her funeral mass in my 'Prayer of the Faithfuk' but apparently no swearing in a church, who knew...

Anyway, it's going to be a tattoo soon! Fantastic advice!

He he he, what an appropriate typo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

The church brings out the best of my bad language!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

'' Never spit or pee into the wind '' .

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

dmc17 wrote: »
    This is a piece of advice my father gave to me.
    Now this refers not only to lagging, but all forms of insulation.
    He said "don't ever"...no, wait, it was "always"...no er, "never, never" - oh wait now, I've forgotten..... Never mind.

Ye took me post, damn ye! :pac:

Other than that, best advice I've ever gotten was not to judge people so quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Do not touch
    -willy

Advertisement