Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pmag question

• 11-05-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,997 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've a VFC SCAR and picked up some mid pmags.

They don't seem to fit snug so I'm wondering if there's an inherent issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hi, I've a VFC SCAR and picked up some mid pmags.

They don't seem to fit snug so I'm wondering if there's an inherent issue?

Thanks

Yera it's hit and miss with mags and aegs, I had to file my pmags the tiniest bit to fit properly in my aeg (KWA). Long as they fed well I didn't mind filing them down a bit.

You need a bit of play imo to remove mags efficiently from your aeg, having them too tight would bug the crap out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,997 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yera it's hit and miss with mags and aegs, I had to file my pmags the tiniest bit to fit properly in my aeg (KWA). Long as they fed well I didn't mind filing them down a bit.

You need a bit of play imo to remove mags efficiently from your aeg, having them too tight would bug the crap out of me.

They seem to wobble a bit in mine, as opposed to being too tight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

everlast75 wrote: »
    They seem to wobble a bit in mine, as opposed to being too tight?

Mine wobble aswell, now having said that I don't mean that they are flopping around in the magwell but there is a bit of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,997 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mine wobble aswell, now having said that I don't mean that they are flopping around in the magwell but there is a bit of play.

Doesn't effect performance though?

Is it a case that pmags work better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

wobble from side to side isn't a problem. you want to check front to back wobble where mags are concerned. Usually when mags don't feet they will feed once they pushed up and forward in the mag well. So even if they wobble left to right they may be too tight in the mag well to feed properly. Do they feed fine when they actually get into the rifle or do you rally have to give a slap to get them in, if that's the case then you're probably just going to have to file them a bit like Southern Dandy said :). They even just need a clean could be something simple like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

Wrap a bit of electrical tape around the top of the Pmag will help the wobble and hopefully sort your feeding issue.

Advertisement