Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 Bord Gais U21Hurling Championship.

Comments

I agree with all you said kid.
    Kavanagh is meant to be good,he scored the goal tonight.I have never seen him play ,that is why I hope TG4 ,and i think they will show the semifinal live.

Carlow are putting in the work in fairness.Paul Flynn was coach of the U21 team 2 years ago.They certainly are a credit to all.
    2 years ago Dublin beat them very easily,so tonight shows how far,they have came in a short space of time.

Indeed they are but they need to utilise the clubs around Carlow town more. I notice a few clubs, namely Tinryland and O'Hanrahans are GFC's only. Eire Og im not sure about but i dont think they are senior. Tullow and Rathvily are fairly strong football areas too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Indeed they are but they need to utilise the clubs around Carlow town more. I notice a few clubs, namely Tinryland and O'Hanrahans are GFC's only. Eire Og im not sure about but i dont think they are senior. Tullow and Rathvily are fairly strong football areas too.
    Tonight gives them a foundation to at least build on.
    With such limited rescources compared to Dublin ,it truly was a remarkable win.
    I had hoped it would be competive as i posted yesterday.This is just brillant.Im not a Carlow man,and im over the moon they won,so i can only imagine what Carlow gaa folk must be feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Tonight was huge for Carlow hurling. We only work off 6 clubs as it well known.

Seniors losing so badly to Laois a couple of weeks ago, Minors losing to Kildare it was all a bit depressing.
    Badly needed a boost.. and to win that away to the Dubs this evening is massive for Carlow hurling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Stevecw wrote: »
    Tonight was huge for Carlow hurling. We only work off 6 clubs as it well known.

Seniors losing so badly to Laois a couple of weeks ago, Minors losing to Kildare it was all a bit depressing.
    Badly needed a boost.. and to win that away to the Dubs this evening is massive for Carlow hurling!

Great win congrats..know and have seen a couple of those boys through underage/colleges. Peter Shaw was always a class little hurler and Kavanagh is definitely one for the future. Delighted for all concerned and the likes of Johnny Nevin doing Trojan work in the schools

Who is managing the Carlow u21's?
    Pat English.He would of been less known outside of Carlow up to tonight.He comes from a strong gaa background.
    He's late father Jim captained Wexford to the all ireland in 1956 when they beat Cork.Fair play to Pat ,on tonights win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Brilliant stuff from Carlow, well done to all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Congratulations to Carlow had to look twice at that result. To the Carlow lads.. has hurling in the Kilkenny league helped at all.

amber69 wrote: »
    Congratulations to Carlow had to look twice at that result. To the Carlow lads.. has hurling in the Kilkenny league helped at all.

Needless to say im not a Carlovian but my point of view would be that there is definite positive correlation between Carlow clubs getting competitive games in the Kilkenny club competitions and the progress they are making at club level anyway. Mt Leinster Rangers would be more than capable of holding their own against the very best and have an intermediate All Ireland club hurling title to back it up.

At inter-county level, it probably isn't a bad thing either to have this experience but as SteveCW said, they have a small amount of senior clubs to assemble an inter-county team from and while there might be certain camaraderie with less clubs involved, you need a fairly big pool to dip into for the sake of competition for places and to compensate for injuries. As a county, Carlow need the footballing areas to follow suit and promote the game at underage.

There is no shortage of hurling talent in the county that's for sure. Denis Murphy is another talented young sticksman who impressed me at under 21 level a few years ago. The Coady brothers and Craig Doyle (not of UPC ad fame) are also notable contributors to their cause. John Meyler himself is a decent manager

Needless to say im not a Carlovian but my point of view would be that there is definite positive correlation between Carlow clubs getting competitive games in the Kilkenny club competitions and the progress they are making at club level anyway. Mt Leinster Rangers would be more than capable of holding their own against the very best and have an intermediate All Ireland club hurling title to back it up.

At inter-county level, it probably isn't a bad thing either to have this experience but as SteveCW said, they have a small amount of senior clubs to assemble an inter-county team from and while there might be certain camaraderie with less clubs involved, you need a fairly big pool to dip into for the sake of competition for places and to compensate for injuries. As a county, Carlow need the footballing areas to follow suit and promote the game at underage.

There is no shortage of hurling talent in the county that's for sure. Denis Murphy is another talented young sticksman who impressed me at under 21 level a few years ago. The Coady brothers and Craig Doyle (not of UPC ad fame) are also notable contributors to their cause. John Meyler himself is a decent manager
    Meyler is a good manager ,a good record with second tier hurling counties in fairness.He done well with Kerry twice,most notably with Kerry first time around when they beat waterford and had their first win in over 60 years.
    He got them to a quater final of the old league.He done well with Kilmoyely also at club level,and won County titles with Courcey Rovers and Balllinsahig in Cork.

He got wexford to an all ireland semi final beating tippereary in 2007.
    Taking nothing away from Pat English but im sure the youngs lads have learned from being involved at senior level under him.

Kilkenny and Offaly wednesday night on tg4 at.7.15.Throw in 7.30.

It should be an intersting game and the first chance to get a look at kilkenny this year.

• Advertisement

The Offaly team to play Kilkenny tommorrow night in Tullamore is 

1 Conor Clancy (St Rynagh’s) 2 Niall Wynne (St Rynagh’s) 3 Dan Kelleher (Brosna Gaels) 4 Michael Cleary (Shinrone) 5 David King (Coolderry) 6 Pat Camon (St Rynagh’s) 7 Sean Gardiner (Lusmagh) 8 Sean Dolan (St Rynagh’s) 9 Aodhan Kealey (Kinnitty) 10 Sean Cleary (Shinrone) 11 Tom Carroll (Seir Kieran) 12 Peter Geraghty (Kilcormac/Killoughey) 13 Stephen Quirke (St Rynagh’s) 14 Thomas Geraghty (Kilcormac/Killoughey) 15 Adrian Hynes (Seir Kieran) 16 Kevin O’Connor (Kinnitty) 17 David Magner (Ballinamere) 18 Aidan Treacy (St Rynagh’s) 19 Shane Mc Kelvey (Shinrone) 20 Con Mahon (Kilcormac/Killoughey) 21 Andrew Browne (Kinnitty) 22 Colm Mulrooney (Birr) 23 Paddy Murphy (Ballinamere)24 Declan Parlon (Coolderry)

KILKENNY  team to play Offaly is    1. AARON   Duggan  2. JACK    Nolan  3. WILLIE      PHELAN   4.PADRAIG      WALSH 5. JASON      CORCORAN                 6..Luke Harney 7.. BRIAN      KENNEDY – capt 8. Owen Mcgrath 9.JACK LANGTON  10. CIllan Buckley   11. John Power  12 OLLIE      WALSH   13. GER    Alyward    14.KEVIN KELLY     15.Shane Donnelly                                                                                           

The Wexford team to play Carlow in Dr Cullen Park tommorrow at 7.30 is

1. Brian Murphy  2. Garrett Foley  3. Shane O Gorman 4. Eoin Conroy  5. Andrew Kenny  6. Dermot O Leary 7. Colm Heffernan  8. Jack Hobbs  9. Conor O Leary  10. Gary Moore 11. Lee Chin  12. Ian Byrne   13. Jack Guiney 14. Barry Carton 15. Rhys Clarke 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

The Offaly team to play Kilkenny tommorrow night in Tullamore is

1 Conor Clancy (St Rynagh’s) 2 Niall Wynne (St Rynagh’s) 3 Dan Kelleher (Brosna Gaels) 4 Michael Cleary (Shinrone) 5 David King (Coolderry) 6 Pat Camon (St Rynagh’s) 7 Sean Gardiner (Lusmagh) 8 Sean Dolan (St Rynagh’s) 9 Aodhan Kealey (Kinnitty) 10 Sean Cleary (Shinrone) 11 Tom Carroll (Seir Kieran) 12 Peter Geraghty (Kilcormac/Killoughey) 13 Stephen Quirke (St Rynagh’s) 14 Thomas Geraghty (Kilcormac/Killoughey) 15 Adrian Hynes (Seir Kieran) 16 Kevin O’Connor (Kinnitty) 17 David Magner (Ballinamere) 18 Aidan Treacy (St Rynagh’s) 19 Shane Mc Kelvey (Shinrone) 20 Con Mahon (Kilcormac/Killoughey) 21 Andrew Browne (Kinnitty) 22 Colm Mulrooney (Birr) 23 Paddy Murphy (Ballinamere)24 Declan Parlon (Coolderry)

Is Dan Currams not u21?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Is Dan Currams not u21?

I doubt it....he's been playing senior for a good few years. Played against Limerick in 2008, so unless he was 16 then, he's overage now.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I doubt it....he's been playing senior for a good few years. Played against Limerick in 2008, so unless he was 16 then, he's overage now.

Interesting, I'd never heard of him and somebody told me he broke his hand before the All-Ireland club final in an u21 challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Interesting, I'd never heard of him and somebody told me he broke his hand before the All-Ireland club final in an u21 challenge.

Maybe a senior V U-21 challenge?

I don't know what age he is, but he's been around a good while.

Carlow only beaten by 6 points by Wexford and KK won by 6 against Offaly.Apparently Offaly made them really earn the win.

Wexford and KK final now.

Carlow only beaten by 6 points by Wexford and KK won by 6 against Offaly.Apparently Offaly made them really earn the win.

Wexford and KK final now.

They did and Offaly missed a penalty having just goen a point behind for Michael Brennan's goal. Quirke was excellent up front for them, not sure what he finished on I;'d say around 1-11.

Cillian Buckley and Kennedy gave very good performances for kilkenny while the Offaly full back was also very influential through out.

Kilkenny have some lovely hurlers but they'll need to find more drive in them if they're to continue to progress in this competition.

• Advertisement

They did and Offaly missed a penalty having just goen a point behind for Michael Brennan's goal. Quirke was excellent up front for them, not sure what he finished on I;'d say around 1-11.

Cillian Buckley and Kennedy gave very good performances for kilkenny while the Offaly full back was also very influential through out.

Kilkenny have some lovely hurlers but they'll need to find more drive in them if they're to continue to progress in this competition.
    First game in and away from home and overwhelming favourites with a 9point spread in the bookies ,taking nothing away from Offaly but KK possibly underestimated them.

KK will get better.Good to hear the two games were competitve.I heard Cody was their.You cant beat hes passion for the game in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

They did and Offaly missed a penalty having just goen a point behind for Michael Brennan's goal. Quirke was excellent up front for them, not keeper. hat he finished on I;'d say around 1-11.

Fairly spot on with your analysis Mountainlad.

It was a tight game throughout until Offaly missed their penalty. Quirke was striking the ball excellently all night, he just ended up hitting the penalty straight at the keeper.

I thought Offaly were the better team in the first half. KK kept on hitting high balls into their forward line but it was meat and drink for the Offaly backs. Offaly have some big men, including their full back! :D He's carrying a bit of extra weight, but he had a stormer of a game.

Buckley was anonymous for the first 20 minutes but then came into the match and played well. I was a bit annoyed with Power; he went for goal twice in the match from very tough positions and tight angles, he should have just taken his points.

This is a really strong KK U-21 team, so well done to Offaly for performing so well. If they had scored that penalty I think they would have gone on to win.

KK will get better.Good to hear the two games were competitve.I heard Cody was their.You cant beat hes passion for the game in fairness.

Yeah Cody was there with Martin Fogarty. TG4 pretty much had a camera dedicated to him, they were showing him so often! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I heard Cody was their.You cant beat hes passion for the game in fairness.

TBF what senior manager wouldnt attend their U21s games? Would have thought it was practically part of the job.

TBF what senior manager wouldnt attend their U21s games? Would have thought it was practically part of the job.

Yeah same. A lot of respect for Cody, but he was clearly there to look at Aylward and Buckley for Saturday night.

Yeah same. A lot of respect for Cody, but he was clearly there to look at Aylward and Buckley for Saturday night.

Definetly.
    The next big game is Tipp- Cork on the 17th in thurles...tg4 showing it live .

• Advertisement

Definetly.
    The next big game is Tipp- Cork on the 17th in thurles...tg4 showing it live .

Is Waterford Clare the day after so?

Is Waterford Clare the day after so?
    Yup its been shown as well i think on the thursday.

Ye will surely rattle Clare????.The air of unbeatable that surronded them is gone with the intermediates and U21 loosing heavily last week.

Saying that this is a very good clare side.What do ye make of Queally??? How are shaping up???

You would expect KK to beat wexford in leinster.Then again you never know but this is a seriously good KK team who will only get better from the offaly game.

Win that and their in all ireland final as they play the Ulster champions.

Yup its been shown as well i think on the thursday.

Ye will surely rattle Clare????.The air of unbeatable that surronded them is gone with the intermediates and U21 loosing heavily last week.

Saying that this is a very good clare side.What do ye make of Queally??? How are shaping up???

Well we didn't put up much of a fight last year which was disappointing but the availability of Darragh Fives this year is a huge plus. They lack physical ball winners in the forwards to be honest, much like the Seniors. From the Senior panel at the moment Darragh Fives, Paudie Prendergast, Jake Dillon, Jamie Barron, Ray Barry, Paudie Mahony, Gavin O'Brien, Cormac Heffernan, Donie Breathnach and Eamon Murphy.

There was a fair few playing for the Intermediates v Clare, something like 12 versus their 6 u21 starters. They've been doing alright in challenges from what I've heard and theyve not had any of the Senior lads available for those games.

Queally is managing Passage East at the moment and they;ve come on leaps and bounds, so that bodes well. At home, I'd expect it to be at least a very competitive game. Clare will be deserving favourites of course but I thought this side was very unlcuky the way the minor panned out so I reckon they'll be in with a shout.

Well we didn't put up much of a fight last year which was disappointing but the availability of Darragh Fives this year is a huge plus. They lack physical ball winners in the forwards to be honest, much like the Seniors. From the Senior panel at the moment Darragh Fives, Paudie Prendergast, Jake Dillon, Jamie Barron, Ray Barry, Paudie Mahony, Gavin O'Brien, Cormac Heffernan, Donie Breathnach and Eamon Murphy.

There was a fair few playing for the Intermediates v Clare, something like 12 versus their 6 u21 starters. They've been doing alright in challenges from what I've heard and theyve not had any of the Senior lads available for those games.

Queally is managing Passage East at the moment and they;ve come on leaps and bounds, so that bodes well. At home, I'd expect it to be at least a very competitive game. Clare will be deserving favourites of course but I thought this side was very unlcuky the way the minor panned out so I reckon they'll be in with a shout.
    Ten lads from the senior panel is a good core of expierence.Ye have the bones of a very good team there.Queally done very well witg Youghal in Cork and was well regarded.

Who ever wins Clare waterford be favs to win Munster id say.

• Advertisement

Leinster Final Kilkenny V Wexford...Wednesday Night .Live on TG4 at.7.15.Throw in 7.30.

It will be interesting to see how Ger Alwyard performs after hes poor display tonight.

I look forward to seeing Lee Chin for Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Leinster Final Kilkenny V Wexford...Wednesday Night .Live on TG4 at.7.15.Throw in 7.30.

It will be interesting to see how Ger Alwyard performs after hes poor display tonight.

I look forward to seeing Lee Chin for Wexford.

What exactly did the chap do wrong tonight? From what I saw he got into some great positions and other paths were choosen.

Walter Walsh really battled hard, big future there. himself and GA linked up very well at U21 level, hope to see that re-kindled sometime soon.

ft9 wrote: »
    What exactly did the chap do wrong tonight? From what I saw he got into some great positions and other paths were choosen.

Walter Walsh really battled hard, big future there. himself and GA linked up very well at U21 level, hope to see that re-kindled sometime soon.
    Walter Walsh is overage so there is no point mentioning him here.

I have nothing against Alward,he is a fine player but he was poor tonight.But my point is will wednesday he will show hes talent or will he let it affect hes game.

You said he did not too much wrong.Thats not good enough for KK,as he didnt too much right either and in Codys eyes and rightly so it separates the average type of hurler that other managers dont mind in peristing with, but in KK they just wont cut.That is why in KK,they are the team they are.Only the utmost best is accepted.Clearly seen by the subbing of the great TJ Reid.Reputations mean nothing if you are not good enough on the night.

Alwyards touch was not great tonight and the fact the rest of the KK lads wouldnt play the ball down to him tells its I
    own story and Cody realised the same.

He will have better days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Walter Walsh is overage so there is no point mentioning him here.

I have nothing against Alward,he is a fine player but he was poor tonight.But my point is will wednesday he will show hes talent or will he let it affect hes game.

You said he did not too much wrong.Thats not good enough for KK,as he didnt too much right either and in Codys eyes and rightly so it separates the average type of hurler that other managers dont mind in peristing with, but in KK they just wont cut.That is why in KK,they are the team they are.Only the utmost best is accepted.Clearly seen by the subbing of the great TJ Reid.Reputations mean nothing if you are not good enough on the night.

Alwyards touch was not great tonight and the fact the rest of the KK lads wouldnt play the ball down to him tells its I
    own story and Cody realised the same.

He will have better days.

Apologies I didn't realise this was the u21 thread.

Wexford: 1. Brian Murphy (Shelmaliers); 2. Garret Foley (Fethard); 3. Conor Goff (Oulart); 4. Eoin Conroy (Naomh Eanna); 5. Andrew Kenny (Buffers Alley); 6. Shane O’Gorman (Adamstown); 7. Dermot O’Leary (St. Pat’s Camolin); 8. Lee Chin (Faythe Harriers); 9. Jack Hobbs (Ballygarret); 10. Jack Guiney (Rathnure); 11. Ian Byrne (Ferns); 12. Garry Moore (Glyn-Barntown); 13. Conor McDonald (Naomh Eanna); 14. Barry Carton (Cloughban); 15. Rhys Clarke (Faythe Harriers).

Subs: 16. Sean Murphy (Monageer); 17. Colm Heffernan (Faythe Harriers); 18. Conor O’Leary (Oulart); 19. Niall Murphy (Crossabeg); 20. Sean Kenny (Bunclody); 21. Dean Wright (Blackwater); 22. Diarmuid Murphy (Blackwater); 23. Robert O’Leary (Buffers Alley); 24. Kevin Whelan (St. Annes).

Kilkenny: 1. Aaron Duggan (Dicksboro); 2. Pat Carroll (Lisdowney), 3. Willie Phelan (Dunnamaggin); 4. Brian Kennedy (capt, St. Lachtains); 5. Padraig Walsh (Tullaroan); 6. Luke Harney (Kilmacow); 7. Owen McGrath (John Lockes); 8. Jack Langton (Clara); 9. Ollie Walsh (Dicksboro); 10. John Power (Carrickshock); 11. Richie Reid (Ballyhale Shamrocks); 12. Kevin Kelly (St. Patrick’s); 13. Conor Martin (Emeralds); 14. Ger Aylward (Glenmore); 15. Michael Brennan (St. Patrick’s).

Substitutes: 16. Dylan Walsh (Thomastown); 17. Jack Nolan (O’Loughlins Gaels); 18. Shane Donnelly (St. Lachtains); 19. Padraig Keating (Erin’s Own); 20. David Burke (O’ Loughlins Gaels); 21. Conor O’Shea (Clara); 22. Johnny Hayes (Kilmacow); 23. Ciaran Prendergast (Clara); 24. Eoin Doyle (Rower Inistioge); 25. Martin Power (Piltown); 26. Robert Lennon (Bennettsbrige); 27; Ger Teehan (Graigue Ballycallan); 28. Jason Corcoran (John Lockes); 29. Cillian Buckley (Dicksboro).

lee-chin-and-brian-kennedy-872013-390x285.jpg

brian-kennedy-and-lee-chin-with-breathnach-the-irish-wolfhound-872013-2-630x399.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Martin567

I wonder was there any thought given to rescheduling this match. Both counties are playing senior on Saturday and have several players involved on both panels. Wexford probably have more than Kilkenny.

Given that the Munster semi-finals haven't even been played yet, what's the rush with playing the Leinster Final?

That's actually a really good point if the Munster semi-finals haven't even been played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Tipp V Cork is the 17th July, which is also strange as both these counties play each other in the U21 final two days late - Do Cork not have any U21 players involved with the Intermediates?

Martin567 wrote: »
    I wonder was there any thought given to rescheduling this match. Both counties are playing senior on Saturday and have several players involved on both panels. Wexford probably have more than Kilkenny.

Given that the Munster semi-finals haven't even been played yet, what's the rush with playing the Leinster Final?

its a good point.The Munster games are next week,Cork Tipp,on the Wed,
    and Waterford V Clare the Thursday night.

Who ever wins tommorrow night is looking at an all ireland final as the Ulster champions are the easyier draw.

The bookies have KK as Favs but Wexford are only 3/1 themselves.

You would fancy KK.They are bound to be much better than the offaly game.Having said that Wexford under JJ Doyle wont give up too easily.

Wexford: 1. Brian Murphy (Shelmaliers); 2. Garret Foley (Fethard); 3. Conor Goff (Oulart); 4. Eoin Conroy (Naomh Eanna); 5. Andrew Kenny (Buffers Alley); 6. Shane O’Gorman (Adamstown); 7. Dermot O’Leary (St. Pat’s Camolin); 8. Lee Chin (Faythe Harriers); 9. Jack Hobbs (Ballygarret); 10. Jack Guiney (Rathnure); 11. Ian Byrne (Ferns); 12. Garry Moore (Glyn-Barntown); 13. Conor McDonald (Naomh Eanna); 14. Barry Carton (Cloughban); 15. Rhys Clarke (Faythe Harriers).

Subs: 16. Sean Murphy (Monageer); 17. Colm Heffernan (Faythe Harriers); 18. Conor O’Leary (Oulart); 19. Niall Murphy (Crossabeg); 20. Sean Kenny (Bunclody); 21. Dean Wright (Blackwater); 22. Diarmuid Murphy (Blackwater); 23. Robert O’Leary (Buffers Alley); 24. Kevin Whelan (St. Annes).

Kilkenny: 1. Aaron Duggan (Dicksboro); 2. Pat Carroll (Lisdowney), 3. Willie Phelan (Dunnamaggin); 4. Brian Kennedy (capt, St. Lachtains); 5. Padraig Walsh (Tullaroan); 6. Luke Harney (Kilmacow); 7. Owen McGrath (John Lockes); 8. Jack Langton (Clara); 9. Ollie Walsh (Dicksboro); 10. John Power (Carrickshock); 11. Richie Reid (Ballyhale Shamrocks); 12. Kevin Kelly (St. Patrick’s); 13. Conor Martin (Emeralds); 14. Ger Aylward (Glenmore); 15. Michael Brennan (St. Patrick’s).

Substitutes: 16. Dylan Walsh (Thomastown); 17. Jack Nolan (O’Loughlins Gaels); 18. Shane Donnelly (St. Lachtains); 19. Padraig Keating (Erin’s Own); 20. David Burke (O’ Loughlins Gaels); 21. Conor O’Shea (Clara); 22. Johnny Hayes (Kilmacow); 23. Ciaran Prendergast (Clara); 24. Eoin Doyle (Rower Inistioge); 25. Martin Power (Piltown); 26. Robert Lennon (Bennettsbrige); 27; Ger Teehan (Graigue Ballycallan); 28. Jason Corcoran (John Lockes); 29. Cillian Buckley (Dicksboro).

lee-chin-and-brian-kennedy-872013-390x285.jpg

brian-kennedy-and-lee-chin-with-breathnach-the-irish-wolfhound-872013-2-630x399.jpg

Splendid post lad..fair play with the photos.

• Advertisement

Tipp V Cork is the 17th July, which is also strange as both these counties play each other in the U21 final two days late - Do Cork not have any U21 players involved with the Intermediates?

Mark Sugrue ,Nick Kelly are all on the intermediate bench and Colm Barry started for them are on the U21 panel with Kelly and Sugrue likely to start for the U21.
    It would have been a great double header all the same
    Im sure with Tipp gone in the Senior and minors a huge priority will be given to the U21 game.

And ye wont give up yere intermediate title easy.From Corks view Id much rather loose the intermediate final and win the U21 game which is a big ask considering like our minor manager and senior football one we have a clueless manager with a woeful track record but bags of very talented hurlers.

Splendid post lad..fair play with the photos.

The photos are from Inpho.ie
    I just found them fairly random/funny so I thought I'd stick them up!
    Like where did they get the idea of having the Irish Wolfhound in the photocall :D

The photos are from Inpho.ie
    I just found them fairly random/funny so I thought I'd stick them up!
    Like where did they get the idea of having the Irish Wolfhound in the photocall :D
    Brillant lad in fairness...i thought the Wolf hound was great...Cul Chulainn days ..ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Interesting to see a Minor start for Wexford.

Just subs, Colm Barry, Nicky Kelly, Barry Lawton and Mark Sugrue. Sugrue and Kelly are likely to start, the other two should be on the bench.

Sum leinster final.Sum upset if Wexford hang on.JJ Doyle has done a superb job with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Some last few seconds. Feel bad for the KK keeper. What a mistake to make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What a cracking game !!! Great stuff to watch after a hard day in the sun:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

What a bizarre finish to an incredible game. Feel really sorry for the KK keeper Duggan but fair play to Wexford, some fine hurlers there. Lee Chin was outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glens73

Chinpool wrote: »
    Some last few seconds. Feel bad for the KK keeper. What a mistake to make

Great to watch, but agree, the keeper will feel terrible after that, as bad a mistake as it gets (in a sporting context).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 shanboghted

jesus I hope that ref never makes the senior grade because he didn't know what he was doing out there! kilkenny left that behind but fair play to wexford they battled hard and never gave up

Advertisement