Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 Bord Gais U21Hurling Championship.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Martin567

The ball was clearly wide.

I'd love to see that replay again because I don't see how that's possible. I presume we are talking about O'Connell's free? I missed the half time talk but they showed a slowed down version at the time. It clearly went to the right of the post and disappeared for a moment as it passed behind the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Martin567 wrote: »
    I'd love to see that replay again because I don't see how that's possible. I presume we are talking about O'Connell's free? I missed the half time talk but they showed a slowed down version at the time. It clearly went to the right of the post and disappeared for a moment as it passed behind the post.

Thought it was over myself too. But they blacked out the rest of the screen and you could see it in front of the post as it passed wide.

Colm Galvin is a serious little hurler. The distance and accuracy he has in hist striking on both sides is some talent.

Colin O Riordan is a minor isn't he? And Tipp's mnexrt sub was a minor last year. Very young to be bringing on like.

Thought it was over myself too. But they blacked out the rest of the screen and you could see it in front of the post as it passed wide.

Fair enough so but I find that bizarre. So much for the camera never lies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

It's not over yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Important two points straight after we conceeded the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

Need another goal double quick!

That was a stone wall pnealty. This ref is absolutely septic.

Agreed. Don't know how it wasn't a penalty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The forward was completely charging into the defender, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Great defending by Clare. But Tipp not quite dead yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Referee has been rubbish.

The ball was clearly a point.

Have you changed your mind or why else would you go back and edit your post?

The forward was completely charging into the defender, no?

He had his arm across him, how was he supposed to play the ball? Like if you look at some of the frees hes giving out the field, he completely pussied out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

How did that not go in??

He had his arm across him, how was he supposed to play the ball? Like if you look at some of the frees hes giving out the field, he completely pussied out of it.

If he had tried to run around the back then I think he would have either got the shot away or else gotten a penalty. But instead he was just trying to run through him.

If he had tried to run around the back then I think he would have either got the shot away or else gotten a penalty. But instead he was just trying to run through him.

His head was up though. Only charging if you drop the head,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

D McInerney has been most impressive tonight.

That one was never a penalty though

• Advertisement

His head was up though. Only charging if you drop the head,

I thought his head was down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

There was a gloss on the scoreline that Tipp really didn't deserve. They didn't seem to have any game plan other than firing in hail Mary balls to their full forwards who were cleaned out. Clare should have won by double digits. Surely odds on to retain their title on this evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Tipp were stupid. That's why they lost.

Collins is a lovely wristy hurler, really intelligent player, same with the likes of Kelly. McInerney was immense too, as was the centre-back.

Jason Forde though... 5-23 in 3 games? That's impressive. His goal from play was very well-taken.

Fireball07 wrote: »

Jason Forde though... 5-23 in 3 games? That's impressive. His goal from play was very well-taken.

Expect Forde to play a big part with the seniors next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

It's amazing to think these guys are too young to remember the Loughnane era... seriously impressive though, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Very impressed with Clare, very skillful and tigerish in their tackling. Played the ball out well from the back and played some great diagonal balls. McInerney was immense. Can only bode well for them and the seniors. Getting better with every game they play. Thought the ref had a poor game though, Clare fella should have been sent off in first half and Tipp should have gotten a peno in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Colin O Riordan is a minor isn't he? And Tipp's mnexrt sub was a minor last year. Very young to be bringing on like.
    Maybe i am miss-reading your post but as far as i know the Tipp Full-Back and Centre-Back were also Minor last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Tipp fowards were a big let-down, particularly after beating Limerick and destroying Cork. What did Forde score? 2-7?

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Maybe i am miss-reading your post but as far as i know the Tipp Full-Back and Centre-Back were also Minor last year.

Not sure about Breen, Hamill was. Just mean like it's quite a young team. Clare did win an all-ireland last year with Kelly and Galvin, and Cunningham starting and O'Donell started today but it says to me that this Tipp team has probably been made look better than they are by Cork and Limerick this year.

The next couple of years teams should be stronger.

Congratulations to Clare, super team. very intelligent and huge experience with a great cohesiveness and id imagine they will take stopping now.

Cant help feeling though that Ken waited far far too long to change things around. We were getting ate all over the pitch. Stapleton in particular was poor and he took off Justin Cahill instead and there was plenty who could have been taken off before Tommy Heffernan also. Bill Walsh was shockingly poor and Hamill had a nightmare while Kennedy had one or two hairy moments. Niall O'Meara battled hard but didnt have his finest hour in the blue and gold but id still have hope for him because he battles at the very least. What the hell our goalkeeper Mooney was doing for the Clare goal was beyond bizarre.

Very pleased with the subs that came on. Not so sure though id have had John Mcgrath as first sub as we needed battlers more than style tonight but both O'Riordan and John Meagher were outstanding

Not sure about Breen, Hamill was. Just mean like it's quite a young team. Clare did win an all-ireland last year with Kelly and Galvin, and Cunningham starting and O'Donell started today but it says to me that this Tipp team has probably been made look better than they are by Cork and Limerick this year.

The next couple of years teams should be stronger.

Yeah Breen was minor last year.

Clare have a magnificent team with huge prospects at Senior level in the future. Tipp need a shake up though at the same time. I mean to be beaten up a stick the first twenty mins tonight and yet management continued to scratch their arse on the sideline is simply unforgivable. I couldnt believe what i was witnessing. Not even a positional change was made. I dont give a sh*t who your up against, you give yourself a fighting chance of coming back into the game at the very least. Don't just sit and wait until they have a lead built up that's very hard to claw back.

I was encouraged with what I seen the last twenty but the ship had sailed from the port at that stage. Why on earth was John Meagher still on the bench while the half back line and midfield were been eaten alive? Id have put on a few ball winners before John Mcgrath too. O'Riordan who eventually came on and was excellent, Dylan Fitzelle and Bill Maher were also on the bench and could arguably have been chosen ahead of him. When your cruising its alright to bring on the sticks men like Mcgrath but when your in a battle and need to roll the sleeves up you need ball winners and ones who have speed at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Looking forward to Clare v Galway tomorrow, both games in Thurles and i presume live on TG4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Antrim giving Wexford a bit of an early scare here. That Antrim full back looks like a right head case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Missing some of their dual players doesn't seem to be phasing Antrim at all.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Antrim giving Wexford a bit of an early scare here. That Antrim full back looks like a right head case.

Huge huge upset on the cards here.

Huge huge upset on the cards here.

The standard has been shocking though. That Clare team would hammer both if they beat Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Wexford were around 1/50 to win this.

kksaints wrote: »
    Wexford were around 1/50 to win this.

They are 8/1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Well done Antrim, best team on the day won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Well done Antrim.

Congrats to Antrim, first ever Ulster team to win an u21 all-ireland semi final.

Conditions are bad today, reckon that will suit Galway. Clare by and large a small team with pace. Everything will be slower today for them, and the wides they hit by Tipp will be even easier to hit today. Galway seemingly gone with a team of big players.

Clare are a better team but we may see to upsets today yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Congrats to Antrim, first ever Ulster team to win an u21 all-ireland semi final.

Conditions are bad today, reckon that will suit Galway. Clare by and large a small team with pace. Everything will be slower today for them, and the wides they hit by Tipp will be even easier to hit today. Galway seemingly gone with a team of big players.

Clare are a better team but we may see to upsets today yet.

Ya conditions definetly suit Galway they have a huge half forward line the plan will surely be to bomb balls in on them..Tony Kelly's probably the best hurler in Ireland at the moment though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Feel sorry for the Wexford goalie, such a basic mistake proved very costly in the end, but Antrim were the better team and deserved it more, picked off some nice scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great stuff, delighted for Kevin Ryan. Hadn't exactly an ideal build up to this game.
    Amazing to pull off a win here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I know Antrim be (huge) underdogs in the final no matter who they play, but have any chance do ye think in final?

some scalp today. Wexford had 17 points to overcome in handicap.

I know Antrim be (huge) underdogs in the final no matter who they play, but have any chance do ye think in final?

some scalp today. Wexford had 17 points to overcome in handicap.

Not against Clare on a dry day I wouldn't think. But I guess we'll no more after this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Cooney would want to settle a bit. A bit nervy but he went on a nice aul run there a few minutes back.

Jaysus. His radar is way off at intercounty.

A dirty slap of the hurl there from Mannion.

McInerney is a joy to watch. He's on fire this year.

• Advertisement

Some amount of wides but really exciting. Moving McInerney on Cooney when he is starting to get into some stride was a good move. Tom Flynn is too selfless to take a score from a central position in either football or hurling.

Advertisement