Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 Bord Gais U21Hurling Championship.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It is exciting because it's a tight game and there's nothing between the teams, but overall it's been a fairly poor match with some awful shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The shooting really has been embarrassing. Hopefully it picks up and we see a few goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

I know Antrim be (huge) underdogs in the final no matter who they play, but have any chance do ye think in final?

some scalp today. Wexford had 17 points to overcome in handicap.

Kevin Ryan complained about lack of county board support and lads taking holidays at this time of year, then says after the match he is booked to go to the states next week :D. He might need want to cancel that now!

Karma really wants Galway to give Limerick that replay. What a shocking decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Karma really wants Galway to give Limerick that replay. What a shocking decision.

You could see it hit the outside of the post O_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Shocking that. Was the umpire even looking at the slithor? Clearly wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

That point wasn't given though?

Looks like Clare will win this, Galway forwards not at the races at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That point wasn't given though?

Looks like Clare will win this, Galway forwards not at the races at all

Yep it was.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Point was given, very poor decision. I was Daddy Day Care for the day today and have only seen the second half, Galway seem very poor and Clare don't seem to be out of second gear, Podge and Tony came off looking very fresh, just to hope for no injuries now, 2 All Ireland finals, WOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Tg4 didn't add that to Clare's tAlly. Or maybe they did.

In any case, awful decision by the umpires

But we won't be giving Galway a replay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

'Looking forward to meeting Wexford in 3weeks time'

'Antrim won the first game'

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

He could be in for a rough day in the final after those remarks :pac:

Ha ha that was gas. Might rile Antrim up so much now that they might make the score respectable...

Ah no to be fair well done to the Glensmen but with all due respect to them i just cant see them living with this Clare team in any shape or form. Their only hope is if the Senior final maybe gets them to take their eye off things slightly but i cant see it. Clare are superb. Well coached and lovely to watch in full flight. Love the fact they have the few small fella's excelling with them too because the fear i had was that hurling was becoming a game for big strong bruisers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭dirtyden

That was an unfortunate mistake alright, but I think he recovered very well.

He is having some year, young hurler of the year almost wrapped up and serious contender for senior award.

I don't think the possibility of an Antrim win entered anyone's head today so i cant say i would blame McInerney for that slip of the tongue :D...anyone except theirs or Wexford's hurlers. Wexford seemed a bit nervous and over expectant.

I think Clare will do the double this year. Slick team who never panic.

Great for hurling that Antrim did win. The game up North needs an injection of life and Antrim are a hurling mad county doing their best to promote it against all the odds.

I hope this landmark can be a stepping stone for the coming years to go with Loughgiel's recent success at club level

• Administrators Posts: 54,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is the final in Croke Park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I thought Galway-Clare was a terrible game, Galway were awful, so stupid in possession.

Clare were pretty poor in the first half, but Galway couldn't take advantage and once they got the goal, there was only going to be one winner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

awec wrote: »
    Is the final in Croke Park?

Final is to be confirmed yet, I seem to remember it being announced that Croke Park wouldn't get it anymore, I'd be surprised if it wasn't on in Thurles to be honest, although Portlaoise could be an option as well.

Clareman wrote: »
    Final is to be confirmed yet, I seem to remember it being announced that Croke Park wouldn't get it anymore, I'd be surprised if it wasn't on in Thurles to be honest, although Portlaoise could be an option as well.

By right Portlaoise should get it. At least give Antrim a better chance to get a good crowd down for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

I thought all U21 finals were prefixed for Thurles, regardless of who is in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

you could see the expression in his face as if to say happy days:pac:

sasol wrote: »
    I thought all U21 finals were prefixed for Thurles, regardless of who is in them.

Yeah they are. To be honest they really should have gone back to the drawing board after 2010 though. I mean there is no point denying that playing at home in the final is a huge advantage

• Administrators Posts: 54,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That's some trek for Antrim fans down to Thurles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Based on that edit, I wonder if McInerney is actually the Mod? :pac:

Seriously though, man of the match again? Must be some kind of record.

awec wrote: »
    That's some trek for Antrim fans down to Thurles.

According to Google Maps it's 1.30 hours from Ennis to Thurles, 3 hours from Belfast, Portlaoise is 2.34 hours from Belfast and 1.31 from Ennis, I'd imagine for the sake of 30 minutes they'll play it in Thurles, I'd even go as far as to say that Antrim hurlers would relish the opportunity to play in Semple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Just back from the game now. Poor first half but clare kicked off the shackles when they got the goal. I thought duggan was very good and can't understand why he isint chosen over fergal lynch for the seniors. Malone threw over a few lovely points after coming on too. Mcinereny was immense yet again too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Just back from the game now. Poor first half but clare kicked off the shackles when they got the goal. I thought duggan was very good and can't understand why he isint chosen over fergal lynch for the seniors. Malone threw over a few lovely points after coming on too. Mcinereny was immense yet again too.

Didnt c the game,will watch it later.But the score line tells me everything a already knew bout them.Today was a potential banna skin,many other teams would have bn beaten.These may be boys,but are men,in fairness.

clare,have a steely resolve in them,fear no one.Clare are a force to be reckoned with ,the next few years.14 on the senior panel,and a lot under age next year.

Could equal limericks three in a row next year.Hard to c ,clare being beaten by Antrim.

Clare are evolving all the time,and not resting on their laurels.With all their underage success,a few years ago,seanie mcmahon and Jamsie o connor,reviewed and revamped their development squads strategy.Just cause it worked,didnt mean,they didnt want to improve and stay ahead of the rest.

We in cork are still trying to get our deveolopment squad working.Clare are fine tuning theirs all the time.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for them.

They will bring this momentum to the senior final on the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Should play it in Tullamore. U21 Final has been there before I believe? Semi finals definitely were.

Whats the story with cunnigham?i hate to c any player go off injured

Is it that f***ing dreaded cruciate again?

Lennonist wrote: »
    Should play it in Tullamore. U21 Final has been there before I believe? Semi finals definitely were.

You're right. Galway played KK there when Keril Wade was the next big thing.
    It'll be in Thurles though.

Whats the story with cunnigham?i hate to c any player go off injured

Is it that f***ing dreaded cruciate again?

Hamstring I think

Hamstring I think
    thanks.

Out for the final,probably,at least its not the cruciate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

thanks.

Out for the final,probably,at least its not the cruciate.

Is he one of Clares free takers??

• Advertisement

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Is he one of Clares free takers??

No. Cathal o Connell takes the close in frees and Alan O Neill takes the long range frees.

Cunningham doesn't take them for the 21s. The lad who replaced Cunningham , Cathal Malone, did well when he came in.

No. Cathal o Connell takes the close in frees and Alan O Neill takes the long range frees.

Cunningham doesn't take them for the 21s. The lad who replaced Cunningham , Cathal Malone, did well when he came in.

Mclirney unreal,and o neill sum player.Watching it nw.

Great sign to win when kelly and galvin were off par.

Hamstring I think

Rough on the young man and you could see the devastation in his face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I'd say the GAA are kicking themselves

Wexford v Clare would have brought a very big crowd.
    the Antrim crowd won't travel for fear of a hiding.

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Clare a week out after the Senior final, if we win there'll be a massive crowd there to finish off the (first week) celebrations, if we lose there'll be a massive crowd there to support the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Who gives a toss about the size of the crowd? The best two teams in the semi-finals won. Surely Antrim getting to the final is much better for hurling than the financial gains that may be lost in this one match. Here's hoping Antrim make a game of it.

Who gives a toss about the size of the crowd? The best two teams in the semi-finals won. Surely Antrim getting to the final is much better for hurling than the financial gains that may be lost in this one match. Here's hoping Antrim make a game of it.

Fair play to the antrim team,and kevin ryan,only tk them over a few wks ago.He wanted the job in jan,but woudnt get it.

He done superb.They played as a team and were united from 1 to 15.

Their best performance since beating dublin at senior in 2010 but up their with 89.

Wexford were complacent though,clare wnt be ,they will win this handy.

I hope antrim arent crucifed.Clare are now in five all irelands finals in four years in hurling.Just shows even with a small population ,with the work put in,what can be achieved.

You reap what you sow.

Under ryan,antrim hurling will get better.

Fair play to the antrim team,and kevin ryan,only tk them over a few wks ago.He wanted the job in jan,but woudnt get it.

Their best performance since beating dublin at senior in 2010 but up their with 89.

I hope antrim arent crucifed.Clare are now in five all irelands finals in four years in hurling.Just shows even with a small population ,with the work put in,what can be achieved.

You reap what you sow.

Ryan done very good work up in Carlow previously. There is alot of potential with Antrim but they suffer in a sense that the nearest strong hurling county to them is Dublin in terms of arranging a challenge, etc.
    With the right preparation and support from the county board, Antrim could be good enough to contend in the future especially with the way the game is changing.

Clare have to be admired. They've set a blueprint going forward on the way they want to play the game and everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet. They are beginning to reap the rewards now.

You reap what you sow.

You've had a few jibes at Clare that I've noticed, they are borderline trolling, take this as your only warning.

Clare is actually 1 of the largest populated "Hurling" counties and would have a larger population than Waterford, Kilkenny and I would imagine the hurling parts of Galway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

mickymackey1 permabanned, since you were using the new account to get around a previous ban

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Since the thread has descended into just talking about moderators decision, I'm locking it for the time being, and doing some cleaning to get it back on topic

I'm reopening the thread, if you have a problem with my modding PM me or Cmod, or open a thread in Feedback, don't debate it on thread, that will be considered in breach of the charter which will result in a ban until the end of the championship (which you can debate in DRP of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

A lot of posters seem to be writing Antrim off already. :( I know they'll be seen as the underdogs, but teams don't get into all-Ireland finals by accident. The last thing we need is our lads going out thinking they've already won.

Iv'e been saying for the last 2-3 years that Antrim are a good hurling side, but my friends never really took notice until now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

A lot of posters seem to be writing Antrim off already. :( I know they'll be seen as the underdogs, but teams don't get into all-Ireland finals by accident. The last thing we need is our lads going out thinking they've already won.

Iv'e been saying for the last 2-3 years that Antrim are a good hurling side, but my friends never really took notice until now.

Just saw on the Sunday game that they had only four guys on the bench, unreal performance and great to see.

I certainly hope we give them plenty of respect in the final, just looking back to the 2010 minor results and they gave Dublin, whom we beat by a point in the semi final a pretty good run too in the quarter finals so this team is clearly a very decent underage side capable of giving anyone a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Clareman wrote: »
    You've had a few jibes at Clare that I've noticed, they are borderline trolling, take this as your only warning.

Clare is actually 1 of the largest populated "Hurling" counties and would have a larger population than Waterford, Kilkenny and I would imagine the hurling parts of Galway.

Half the county is football territory though i.e. the West of Clare

• Advertisement
Advertisement