Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 Bord Gais U21Hurling Championship.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The weekend belonged to Antrim in fairness, what a performance. Wexford were 1-33 with the bookies with a 17 pt spread. Congratulations Antrim, brilliant stuff and looking forward to playing ye in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭red_diesel

Fair play to Antrim. However serious questions have to be asked about the structure of the U21 championship structure.
    Having listened to Kevin Ryan after the game and reading today about their prepartation, it is scandalous that they are pretty much given a bye into the semi's every year. The county have shown absolutely no regard for the competition. Starting collective training 3 weeks before, travelling with only 20 players. They have taken some hammerings in the past, fair enough they caught Wexford this time but chances are they will take a hammering in the final. Put them into Leinster like the senior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

red_diesel wrote: »
    Fair play to Antrim. However serious questions have to be asked about the structure of the U21 championship structure.
    Having listened to Kevin Ryan after the game and reading today about their prepartation, it is scandalous that they are pretty much given a bye into the semi's every year. The county have shown absolutely no regard for the competition. Starting collective training 3 weeks before, travelling with only 20 players. They have taken some hammerings in the past, fair enough they caught Wexford this time but chances are they will take a hammering in the final. Put them into Leinster like the senior.

If the team is that badly prepared and not good enough to be at that stage of the competition, then the Leinster champions should have no difficulty accounting for them. Be one thing if it was Galway who equally had little or no preparation for the game in terms of competitve matches, but it was Wexford who played 3 games in Leinster.

The 4 Provincial winners go into the semis - no back-door. It was good enough for the GAA for over a 100 years, nothing wrong with that. Antrim have proven that they deserve to be in the final by beating the Leinster final winners fair and square. If it only takes 3 weeks training and having a couple of subs to beat Wexford, well thats another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Well they don’t actually get a by into the semis, they play other teams in Ulster teams. Granted that is not much of a challenge compared to Leinster or Munster but they played 2 matches. Maybe Galway who get straight into the semis, should be put in with the Ulster Championship. There is already enough in the Leinster mix @ U21 to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭red_diesel

Warper wrote: »
    The 4 Provincial winners go into the semis - no back-door. It was good enough for the GAA for over a 100 years, nothing wrong with that. Antrim have proven that they deserve to be in the final by beating the Leinster final winners fair and square. If it only takes 3 weeks training and having a couple of subs to beat Wexford, well thats another story.

Well that system clearly wasn't fit for purpose at senior level anymore and thats why we now have the back door. The system needs to be looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I disagree. U-21 is supposed to be a transition period, a lot of these players are already playing senior, some are playing minor..... you don't want to overload them with matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I disagree. U-21 is supposed to be a transition period, a lot of these players are already playing senior, some are playing minor..... you don't want to overload them with matches.

100% agree, and that's not even taking into account college and club teams, and then dual players on top of that. The likes of Lee Chin (and Eoin Cadogan when he was U-21) were on about 10 different teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Antrim are talking of boycotting the final
    As a Clare woman I'd be happy enough to go to Tullamore or Portlaoise or somewhere kinda midway for a game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Antrim are talking of boycotting the final
    As a Clare woman I'd be happy enough to go to Tullamore or Portlaoise or somewhere kinda midway for a game

Seen the article in question and quite frankly Kevin Ryan is making a complete tit of himself, the decision to play all u21 hurling finals in Thurles was taken at congress in 2009, and Antrim like Galway who complained in 2010 they voted in favour of the concept, Galway actually spoke very positively of it at the time.

They had no problem coming to Thurles for the semi, so whats the difference now?? If they boycott the final I hope they're fcuked out for the forseeable future although from reading the artice this seems to be Ryan going off on a solo and there does'nt seem to be any one else in Antrim calling for the same.

Its like Kerry refusing to play Dublin in Croker the weekend it makes zero sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Would it be possible to play the Under 21 in the same format as the minor championship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Ompala wrote: »
    Would it be possible to play the Under 21 in the same format as the minor championship?

The minor championship is a disaster already. Also don't think it would be feasible to add more games to the u21 schedule.

Seen the article in question and quite frankly Kevin Ryan is making a complete tit of himself, the decision to play all u21 hurling finals in Thurles was taken at congress in 2009, and Antrim like Galway who complained in 2010 they voted in favour of the concept, Galway actually spoke very positively of it at the time.

They had no problem coming to Thurles for the semi, so whats the difference now?? If they boycott the final I hope they're fcuked out for the forseeable future although from reading the artice this seems to be Ryan going off on a solo and there does'nt seem to be any one else in Antrim calling for the same.

Its like Kerry refusing to play Dublin in Croker the weekend it makes zero sense.

Galway had good reason to complain in 2010, if Tipp make the final they shouldn't get home advantage and even a semi involving them should be moved to an alternative venue.
    Antrim complaining about playing Clare there is down right ridicules and is in no way similar.

It's nothing like Dublin and Croke Park.

For starters they let Dublin play in Croker in Leinster because of the crowds, a million in the county means playing games at Parnell or elsewhere would cost the organisation millions.
    There's also the fact that Dublin don't use Croke Park for league games nor do they have free reign to train in HQ.

Tipp are based on Thurles and can use the pitch whenever they want, playing a U21 final involving Tipp in Thurles is just down right ludicrous and any county would have complained in 2010.

If Thurles was HQ and Tipp had to use an alternative venue for league and training then I don't think anyone would have much issue with them playing there in an AI semi final(as Dublin will in Croke Park).

Clare's only advantage in Thurles is the commute compared to Antrim but those are the breaks, it's hardly being played in Ennis and comparable to 2010.

Galway had good reason to complain in 2010, if Tipp make the final they shouldn't get home advantage and even a semi involving them should be moved to an alternative venue.
    Antrim complaining about playing Clare there is down right ridicules and is in no way similar.

It's nothing like Dublin and Croke Park.

For starters they let Dublin play in Croker in Leinster because of the crowds, a million in the county means playing games at Parnell or elsewhere would cost the organisation millions.
    There's also the fact that Dublin don't use Croke Park for league games nor do they have free reign to train in HQ.

Tipp are based on Thurles and can use the pitch whenever they want, playing a U21 final involving Tipp in Thurles is just down right ludicrous and any county would have complained in 2010.

If Thurles was HQ and Tipp had to use an alternative venue for league and training then I don't think anyone would have much issue with them playing there in an AI semi final(as Dublin will in Croke Park).

Clare's only advantage in Thurles is the commute compared to Antrim but those are the breaks, it's hardly being played in Ennis and comparable to 2010.

Why did every single county at congress vote in favour of using Thurles as the home of the U21 final?? Surely all those 'concerns' Galway had 10 months later were valid then??

And if you want to talk about ludicrous advantages all you have to do is look at the provincial make up of the Minor, U21, and Intermediate championships, also I don't recall Antrim jumping to Galways support in 2010?? But now suddenly they are in a final its a huge problem?

Tipperary can not use Semple Stadium whenever they like btw and their training field is Dr Morris Park but this isn't about Tipp anyway.

Ompala wrote: »

If any changes need to be made it is to reduce the no of games in the minor. Minor and U21 grades are a little outdated IMO, too much of an overlap between U21 and senior panels presently as players are being promoted to senior at a younger age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Indie. wrote: »
    The minor championship is a disaster already. Also don't think it would be feasible to add more games to the u21 schedule.
    If any changes need to be made it is to reduce the no of games in the minor. Minor and U21 grades are a little outdated IMO, too much of an overlap between U21 and senior panels presently as players are being promoted to senior at a younger age.

Is there really too many games in the minor championship? Guess I'm only thinking from a Munster perspective. Only advantage I can think with doing it would be to give beaten provincial finalists a second chance, think they do something like this for schools/colleges hurling e.g Harty Cup? Main issue I guess really is burnout as others mentioned already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Read years ago a guy saying that minor should be raised to under 19 and to get rid of under 21. Thought it was mad at the time but now with the fairly large overlap between senior and under 21 teams this might have some merit at intercounty level at least.

I think a lot of clubs struggle to fill under 21 teams now as there seems to be a large drop off when lads leave to go to college etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

I really don't understand these sporadic calls to get rid of U21 or raise minor to U19.

Or to base the U21 on the current minor format.

Why would you do any of this? The term - if it's not broken, don't fix it - springs to mind.

Over the past few years, U21 has probably produced the best and most exciting games of hurling imaginable.

Clare v Galway 2009
    Tipp v Cork 2010
    Cork v Limerick 2011
    were all classics. I'm sure there were many more, but these spring to mind.

It is straight knock out. This adds to the aura of the competition.

Why did every single county at congress vote in favour of using Thurles as the home of the U21 final?? Surely all those 'concerns' Galway had 10 months later were valid then??

And if you want to talk about ludicrous advantages all you have to do is look at the provincial make up of the Minor, U21, and Intermediate championships, also I don't recall Antrim jumping to Galways support in 2010?? But now suddenly they are in a final its a huge problem?

Tipperary can not use Semple Stadium whenever they like btw and their training field is Dr Morris Park but this isn't about Tipp anyway.

I don't know why they voted for it, frankly I'm not concerned with the details but anyone with a brain would accept that a county shouldn't get home advantage for a final(and again I say Dublin-HQ is far different than Thurles-Tipp)

All I said was Antrim are being ridicules, and you're comparison to Galway/Tipp 2010 wasn't even in the same ball park, Antrim are complaining that Clare is in the same PROVINCE as Thurles.
    A tad different than the final being on in Ennis(which is what a comparison to 2010 would be).

553140.jpg

Maybe they chose not to use it a lot, but I have no doubt that Tipp can train in Semple if they wish(as evidenced by the picture above).
    Galway can train in Pearse(but for logistics often chose Athenry etc) and Kilkenny can train in Nowlan so don't see why Tipp couldn't ask their own board for use of the ground in prep for upcoming games.
    That makes it their home ground and that's why the 2010 game shouldn't have been played there.

I don't know why they voted for it, frankly I'm not concerned with the details but anyone with a brain would accept that a county shouldn't get home advantage for a final(and again I say Dublin-HQ is far different than Thurles-Tipp)

All I said was Antrim are being ridicules, and you're comparison to Galway/Tipp 2010 wasn't even in the same ball park, Antrim are complaining that Clare is in the same PROVINCE as Thurles.
    A tad different than the final being on in Ennis(which is what a comparison to 2010 would be).

553140.jpg

Maybe they chose not to use it a lot, but I have no doubt that Tipp can train in Semple if they wish(as evidenced by the picture above).
    Galway can train in Pearse(but for logistics often chose Athenry etc) and Kilkenny can train in Nowlan so don't see why Tipp couldn't ask their own board for use of the ground in prep for upcoming games.
    That makes it their home ground and that's why the 2010 game shouldn't have been played there.

Croke Park is easily as much of an advantage to Dublin as Thurles for Tipp. It's really not that different at all if you actually just consider each as advantages.

Also, I hope your acknowledging that the game in 2010 could have been played anywhere in Galway and they still would have been bet out the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Maybe in 2010 they were thinking that Thurles was close to the centre of the hurling counties, never thinking that Antrim would make it to a final.

The fact is that Thurles is far closer to Clare than Antrim, and there are plenty suitable venues located about half way between the two counties.

There might be more local interest too if it was played somewhere that doesn't get so many top class hurling games, like Cavan, Navan or somewhere like that

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

Maybe in 2010 they were thinking that Thurles was close to the centre of the hurling counties, never thinking that Antrim would make it to a final.

The fact is that Thurles is far closer to Clare than Antrim, and there are plenty suitable venues located about half way between the two counties.

There might be more local interest too if it was played somewhere that doesn't get so many top class hurling games, like Cavan, Navan or somewhere like that
    Have you ever driven from Ennis to Cavan the roads are ****e

Lads dont forget that both Kildare and Kerry play before this game so would Kerry be expected to travel up North as well if Antrim get their way . The final was and is set for Thurles all counties knew this . I believe that whats happening here is that Antrim would prefer to keep getting praise for beating Wexford and not to play and run the risk of a hammering which would set them back by years.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clarenman

u21 finals will always be played in thurles while bord gais are sponsoring them as they are the current energy providers to semple stadium
    .............its all politics

spacetrap wrote: »
    Lads dont forget that both Kildare and Kerry play before this game so would Kerry be expected to travel up North as well if Antrim get their way . The final was and is set for Thurles all counties knew this . I believe that whats happening here is that Antrim would prefer to keep getting praise for beating Wexford and not to play and run the risk of a hammering which would set them back by years.

Set thme back how? It's not exactly like they're making great strides here, they barely got together a team. This is not the result of years of massive effort and development coming to the for.

Set thme back how? It's not exactly like they're making great strides here, they barely got together a team. This is not the result of years of massive effort and development coming to the for.

Their set up is a joke as we know by now but they have some nice hurlers who between their county boards lack of interest and a bad beating in the final might make the lads decide to stop playing for their county which would be a loss and would indeed set them back years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Martin567

clarenman wrote: »
    u21 finals will always be played in thurles while bord gais are sponsoring them as they are the current energy providers to semple stadium
    .............its all politics

The venue for the U21 final needs to be revisited again at Congress. It's happened many times before that delegates blindly vote for something with no thought as to the consequences of their decision.

At the very least, an exception needs to be made that Thurles will not be the venue if Tipperary are involved. As far as everyone in Kilkenny is concerned, the next time ourselves and Tipp meet in an U21 final (whether next year or in 20 years) that match will be held in Nowlan Park.

AFAIK there is already an exception in play for a final involving Tipperary

I can't understand all the people quoting the rule book saying "it can't be moved tough luck Antrim"
    Surely it would be better for hurling to have the game in Tullamore (Offaly people will probably buy a few tickets) or Portlaoise as Laois hurling is in the developmental stage
    6 of one half a dozen of the other for Clare people its only probably 30 mins more in the car to Portlaoise than it would be to Thurles and Clare will travel regardless of venue it's an All Ireland we have a great chance of winning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

AFAIK there is already an exception in play for a final involving Tipperary

I can't understand all the people quoting the rule book saying "it can't be moved tough luck Antrim"
    Surely it would be better for hurling to have the game in Tullamore (Offaly people will probably buy a few tickets) or Portlaoise as Laois hurling is in the developmental stage
    6 of one half a dozen of the other for Clare people its only probably 30 mins more in the car to Portlaoise than it would be to Thurles and Clare will travel regardless of venue it's an All Ireland we have a great chance of winning

I wouldn't have a problem with it being moved, and have some sympathy for the players and fans, but their manager Kevin Ryan was going on about moving it to Breffni Park or somewhere like that.

I must admit I am also slightly amused by the Antrim county board going on about how unfair it is , considering the didn't give a **** about the players less than a week ago by ordering a round of football championship game the day before the semi final, ensuring that a panel of only 19 players was available.

spacetrap wrote: »
    Their set up is a joke as we know by now but they have some nice hurlers who between their county boards lack of interest and a bad beating in the final might make the lads decide to stop playing for their county which would be a loss and would indeed set them back years

If they were to achieve anything, this is the pinnacle for them. Until Antrim sort out the hurling mess up their than they can't really be set back years.

I would not be surprised if a lot of these lads just packed it in at inter county level deeming the sacrifice to not be worth it and focused on their clubs instead.

• Advertisement

The GAA should at least change the throw-in time from 5.00 pm. Play it around 3.30 pm.

I didnt make the comparison, Kevin Ryan did in he's mad rant, you obviously have't even read the article :rolleyes:
    Martin567 wrote: »
    At the very least, an exception needs to be made that Thurles will not be the venue if Tipperary are involved. As far as everyone in Kilkenny is concerned, the next time ourselves and Tipp meet in an U21 final (whether next year or in 20 years) that match will be held in Nowlan Park.

This provision was included in 2011, again someone commenting on something without knowing what they are talking about :rolleyes: and good to know you are in a position to speak for ''everyone in Kilkenny''
    marco_polo wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a problem with it being moved, and have some sympathy for the players and fans, but their manager Kevin Ryan was going on about moving it to Breffni Park or somewhere like that.

I must admit I am also slightly amused by the Antrim county board going on about how unfair it is , considering the didn't give a **** about the players less than a week ago by ordering a round of football championship game the day before the semi final, ensuring that a panel of only 19 players was available.

Couldn't agree more, this is a manager who was only apointed to the U21 job four weeks previous to the Semifinal, had 6 training sesions, the highest turn out was 14 and then their County Board fixed Senior Football games at the same time and now he is crying that Liam O'Neill and the GAA are trying to hold back the weaker counties :rolleyes: really beginging to wonder if this lad is the full shilling at all.

I didnt make the comparison, Kevin Ryan did in he's mad rant, you obviously have't even read the article :rolleyes:

This provision was included in 2011, again someone commenting on something without knowing what they are talking about :rolleyes: and good to know you are in a position to speak for ''everyone in Kilkenny''

Couldn't agree more, this is a manager who was only apointed to the U21 job four weeks previous to the Semifinal, had 6 training sesions, the highest turn out was 14 and then their County Board fixed Senior Football games at the same time and now he is crying that Liam O'Neill and the GAA are trying to hold back the weaker counties :rolleyes: really beginging to wonder if this lad is the full shilling at all.
    Yeah I have to agree with you there :D

A certain Clare sports journalist is calling for the game to be moved to casement park (which is in Belfast for those that don't know) I think that's completely nuts myself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I think its silly for the Antrim manager to be talking of boycotting the final. Granted its 200km or so more travelling for Antrim, but thats where the final is. They are in an u21 hurling final in Semple Stadium, it doesn't get any better than this for any u21 hurler, regardless of what county he is from. Hundreds of guys who exited during the competition would love to be preparing for the final in Semple.

For starters nobody linked the article but in the version I read from the Irish Times

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/antrim-manager-choice-of-venue-a-disgrace-1.1508165

By all means show me there where he said it's the same as Dublin/Kerry or Galway/Tipp=Antrim/Clare

Secondly you didn't attribute that comment to Kevin Ryan, YOU wrote it as your opinion.
    the decision to play all u21 hurling finals in Thurles was taken at congress in 2009, and Antrim like Galway who complained in 2010 they voted in favour of the concept, Galway actually spoke very positively of it at the time.

That above are your opinions. You made two comparisons that I commented on.
    So not sure what exactly you're trying to attribute to Kevin Ryan in terms of making a comparison as he made no comparisons in any article I've read....:rolleyes: right back at ya

For starters nobody linked the article but in the version I read from the Irish Times

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/antrim-manager-choice-of-venue-a-disgrace-1.1508165

By all means show me there where he said it's the same as Dublin/Kerry or Galway/Tipp=Antrim/Clare

Secondly you didn't attribute that comment to Kevin Ryan, YOU wrote it as your opinion.

So not sure what exactly you're trying to attribute to Kevin Ryan in terms of making a comparison as he made no comparisons in any article I've read....:rolleyes: right back at ya

The article I read was in the Examiner and he specifically mentioned Galway in 2010 and said that Galway were insane to go to Thurles, admittedly the comment on Kerry v Dublin was my own reference point and I accept it has very little similarity to Antrim v Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

I have a feeling all they're going to do is make the Clare players mad and get the hiding of their lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

This thread has been quiet for a while, for obvious reasons.

Final on this Saturday in Thurles - Clare v Antrim.

Antrim are huge underdogs, is there any chance they could pull off another huge upset? They took their scores well v Wexford.
    And how distracted will the senior lads from the Clare team be, McInerney, Galvin, Collins and Kelly would all be expected to start. Is a game like this just what they need to keep their minds off the senior, or is just further draining them after a long year?

I think Clare will win, and as per the semi final v Galway, the senior lads will be taken off once the game is safe.
    Back to back U21 wins would be a very fine achievement.

This thread has been quiet for a while, for obvious reasons.

Final on this Saturday in Thurles - Clare v Antrim.

Antrim are huge underdogs, is there any chance they could pull off another huge upset? They took their scores well v Wexford.
    And how distracted will the senior lads from the Clare team be, McInerney, Galvin, Collins and Kelly would all be expected to start. Is a game like this just what they need to keep their minds off the senior, or is just further draining them after a long year?

I think Clare will win, and as per the semi final v Galway, the senior lads will be taken off once the game is safe.
    Back to back U21 wins would be a very fine achievement.

Clare should win very comfortably, but the amount of there U21's that were falling around Coppers last Sunday night was alarming and you would have to question if they are in the right frame of mind for this, they obviously view it as a formality, that said they are probably right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Clare should win very comfortably, but the amount of there U21's that were falling around Coppers last Sunday night was alarming and you would have to question if they are in the right frame of mind for this, they obviously view it as a formality, that said they are probably right.

How many of the lads exactly were "falling around Coppers", and care to name them? :rolleyes:

How many of the lads exactly were "falling around Coppers", and care to name them? :rolleyes:

There were 6 or 7 of them, I was there with a friend from Clonlara and he pointed them out to me, obviously none of them were from the Senior panel and whats the roll eyes for??? I don't knoe there names as I wouldn't really be that familar with what they look like pff the field and as I said they wouldnt be the bette known more established lads that and of course I had a few taken myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There were 6 or 7 of them, I was there with a friend from Clonlara and he pointed them out to me, obviously none of them were from the Senior panel and whats the roll eyes for??? I don't knoe there names as I wouldn't really be that familar with what they look like pff the field and as I said they wouldnt be the bette known more established lads that and of course I had a few taken myself!

Thats a load of bollox, none of them boys were drinking with an all-ireland final next week and in all places in coppers where everyone would see them.

There were 6 or 7 of them, I was there with a friend from Clonlara and he pointed them out to me, obviously none of them were from the Senior panel and whats the roll eyes for??? I don't knoe there names as I wouldn't really be that familar with what they look like pff the field and as I said they wouldnt be the bette known more established lads th
    at and of course I had a few taken myself!

Methinks your Friend was telling porkies! :D

niallo27 wrote: »
    Thats a load of bollox, none of them boys were drinking with an all-ireland final next week and in all places in coppers where everyone would see them.
    Methinks your Friend was telling porkies! :D

Not sure why he would and I have no reason to make it up, nor does he, not bothered either way tbh just relaying what was pointed out to me by a Clare man, tbh Im sure they could get the bus straight from Coppers and still win this AI comfortably enough.

That's called slander and the likes of which should not be allowed on a public forum.

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    That's called slander and the likes of which should not be allowed on a public forum.

Not really sure which is funnier your lack of understanding of the Law, the english language or reality!

Here's a tip though Slander is the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

I've highlighted the relevant parts for you ;)

Not really sure which is funnier your lack of understanding of the Law, the english language or reality!

Here's a tip though Slander is the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

I've highlighted the relevant parts for you ;)

Ok, it's libellous then if you are going to be pedantic
    Your "friend" was probably trying to be the "big man" "oh look how many senior hurlers I know" :rolleyes:
    I sincerely doubt they were there to be honest if they had been in coppers the media would be telling us with picture evidence :D

Your "friend" was probably trying to be the "big man" "oh look how many senior hurlers I know" :rolleyes:
    I sincerely doubt they were there to be honest if they had been in coppers the media would be telling us with picture evidence :D

To be honest, I dunno that this is worth debating because none of us know (even Premierstone as he's not sure what they look like) whether they were there or not.

Dunno how much tongue in cheek the last bit was, but I seriously doubt anyone in the media outside of maybe the Clare Champion knows what the Clare u21s who don't play Senior look like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

To be honest, I dunno that this is worth debating because none of us know (even Premierstone as he's not sure what they look like) whether they were there or not.

Dunno how much tongue in cheek the last bit was, but I seriously doubt anyone in the media outside of maybe the Clare Champion knows what the Clare u21s who don't play Senior look like.

They dont but you can sure someone who know the managment team was in coppers sunday night, word would travel fast if they were, maybe they had a few sneaky pints somewhere but coppers after an all-ireland final. Come on.

Not been pedantic either because it's not libelous, I didn't name a single player. And lol yeah the media trawl aroud Coppers hopeing to catch a glimpse of the Clare U21 team.

Look I don't give two *****s whether it was them or not it was a throw away comment made to back up the theory that there may very well be, and understandably, a certain complacency within the Clare camp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement