Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an iphone

Options
  • 11-05-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I am looking to buy an iphone, a used one. I am looking on Adverts and other similar sites. I just want to know is there a way of checking the phone is stolen or was a bill phone, as i heard it can be blocked, before i purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

kilograms wrote: »
    I am looking to buy an iphone, a used one. I am looking on Adverts and other similar sites. I just want to know is there a way of checking the phone is stolen or was a bill phone, as i heard it can be blocked, before i purchase.

Ask the seller for imei number and check with the network to find out if its stolen or in contract

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭kilograms

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Ask the seller for imei number and check with the network to find out if its stolen or in contract

ok, if i check it on imei.info. is all the info genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

kilograms wrote: »
    ok, if i check it on imei.info. is all the info genuine.

yeah it will be genuine they would have no reason to lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

imei.info doesn't always have the right info and some networks won't give you any information about the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

Hi,

If I buy an iPhone 5 from someone who got it in the states, can it be unlocked to work over here? It'll be getting used on Meteor/eMobile. Supposed to be picking it up tomorrow evening.

Thank you for replies in advance.

E

• Advertisement
Advertisement