Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation causing spots need recommendation for good coverage.

• 11-05-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Got a tester for estee Lauder double wear which I loved however I broke out in spots so bought the double wear light which i thought was perfect for the last few months. Love the level of coverage it gives however I regularly break out with small white pimples which I put down to hormones. I now realise it is the foundation. After spending a few days not wearing it at all my skin cleared up really well and as soon as I used it again within 12 hours I had spots again.
    I need recommendations for a good foundation for combination skin (oily t zone) with good coverage. Used bobbi brown long lasting foundation before which is lovely but very light coverage.
    Any recommendations welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I love the Diorskin nude foundation. Not too heavy, and like you some foundations give me pimples but this one doesn't

http://www.dior.com/beauty/gbr/en/makeup/face/foundations/py0778900-cfoundation.html

I love benefit playsticks, gives a lovely smooth coverage but nice and natural look.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

maybe give vichy dermablend foundation , full coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

No.7 Stay Perfect is what I use, it gives medium coverage but you can build it up to full coverage without getting that 'cakey' look. It is a lot lighter than Double Wear though so might not be for you.

It's about €20 in Boots and if you have a No.7 €6.50 voucher you can use that against it. The girls in Boots will you a sample and will do a colour match for free too. When I got a sample, they gave me enough for a week so I could try it properly rather than a small bit for one or two days/uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thanks for the replies. Tried a sample of clarins ever matte today which I really didn't like due to lack of coverage. Lovely smell though.
    Going to try No 7 beautifully matte and see how I get one. Have tried stay perfect before and thought the coverage was quite light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Are you taking it off properly?

I found that I broke out using DW when I didn't clean it off properly before going to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Are you taking it off properly?

I found that I broke out using DW when I didn't clean it off properly before going to bed.

Yes I was very conscious of making sure it was fully removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Estee Lauder have a new foundation out now called Invisible. It might be worth your while getting a sample and trying it out. It's not as heavy but still gives good coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Bare Minerals makeup. It's mineral based so very good on your skin and you can build the coverage up very easily without feeling like you're caked in makeup.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

OP I'd recommend Clarins Everlasting foundation-I'm a big EL Double Wear fan too and Clarins offers similar coverage but lighter texture.

I bought the No. 7 Beautifully Matte at the weekend as I lost my bottle of EL DW and while the coverage isn't quite as long wearing I really like the finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

A friend of mine with oily skin, who has suffered with acne since her teens swears by Bare Minerals, her skin has never looked better & it's the only change she has made to her beauty routine. The application takes getting used to though but she says the results are well worth it.
    If it's full coverage you want then Vichy Dermablend is the best I've seen, it covers everything.

Advertisement