Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrads & Exams

Options
  • 12-05-2013 12:18am

I'm considering doing a postgrad but was just wondering about their timetable. Do they have exams the same time as undergrads? I was out there tonight and I'm more confused than ever. I had a sneaky look into the postgrad computer room (A1-094?) and it was packed! Surely all the projects etc would need to have been done and submitted earlier in the semester? When I was a undergrad the computer rooms would be deserted around exam time as everybody would be stuck in corners of the campus cramming like mad!!!! What the hell are the PGs doing at this late stage? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I'm considering doing a postgrad but was just wondering about their timetable. Do they have exams the same time as undergrads? I was out there tonight and I'm more confused than ever. I had a sneaky look into the postgrad computer room (A1-094?) and it was packed! Surely all the projects etc would need to have been done and submitted earlier in the semester? When I was a undergrad the computer rooms would be deserted around exam time as everybody would be stuck in corners of the campus cramming like mad!!!! What the hell are the PGs doing at this late stage? Thanks! :)

Depends, are we talking taught or Research and Thesis?

Taught post-grads are very much like under-grads whereas R and T post-grads don't register for modules, they research under supervision and quite possibly teach as well - some of them even invigilate your exams.

Advertisement