Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to National Concert Hall

Options
  • 12-05-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Could someone please tell me if there is a Dublin bus from O'Connell Street that stops at or near the National Concert Hall and would the buses be still running at night after a show? I'm not sure what time it'll be over at but it'll probably be after 10. I'll have a small child with me so would I be better off getting a taxi?
    Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You can get the 46a to Leeson St, just across the road from the National Concert Hall as far as I remember. The 14 and the 15s stop across the road but I can't remember If they go down O'Connell St at the mo, hey, It's Saturday night ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 29,366 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=route&searchquery=46a

46a should do fine for you, and they're regular enough.

The above site is very easy to use, and if you download the RTPI app (real time passenger information) or use the signs that are on most of the bus stops these days, you'll know when the next one is due.

I don't think I've ever been at a gig at the NCH that wasn't over by 10.30, so buses will definitely still be running when you come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dancer1991

Thank you both for your help :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

140 stops earlsfort terrace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

The 14 stops right outside it, goes from the top of O Connell Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Cianan2 wrote: »

It doesn't. 14 goes along amiens street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Must've changed, haven't gotten it from across the bridge in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Routes 140 will take you directly from O'Connell Street to Earlsfort Terrace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

Cianan2 wrote: »

Not anymore it doesnt.hasnt done for 18mths

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

140 or 44, 140 is more direct and frequent

• Advertisement
Advertisement