Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

877w dsl wont sync at full speed trying bridge mode

Options
  • 12-05-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We recently had eircom round to fit a new demarcation point since then my 877w wont sync at the full speed and im getting an increase of crc errors on show dsl int atm 0.

For a while I just connected the eircom router to fa0 and made a static route to this but now I need to publish services and a VPN and id like to keep things as simple as possible with single NAT so im trying bridge mode with the sample configs I found online.

I cant for the life of me get this to work, On the Netopia 2247 ive set RFC-1483 Bridged Ethernet LLC/SNAP and bridging on.

Ive connected the FA0 interfaces of both routers

On ios ive erased nvram and added

vpdn enable

interface fa0
    pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

interface fa1
    sw access vlan 11

int vlan 11
    ip address 10.0.1.1 255.255.255.0
    ip nat inside
    ip virtual-reassembly

interface dialer1
    ip address negotiated
    ip mtu 1492
    ip nat outside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    encapsulation ppp
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    dialer pool 1
    dialer-group 1
    ppp authentication chap callin
    ppp chap hostname eircom
    ppp chap password 0 broadband1
    ppp ipcp dns request
    ppp ipcp address accept
    ppp ipcp route default

ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer1 overload
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1

access-list 1 permit 10.0.1.0 0.0.0.255
    dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

And... Nothing absolutely nothing my pings just time out and show ip int br shows the dialer has no ip address.

Can anyone suggest what Im missing, configuration professional doesn't seem to have any wizard to setup this connection

None of the examples bothered to mention if you are using a device with a layer 2 switch like the 877w you need to run pppoe enable and pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 on the vlan not fa0

bloody thing disconnected me there were so much debug messages when it finally started lol
    Tagged:

Advertisement