Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please need advice on where to buy internet.

• 12-05-2013 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Im a college student living in some student apartments and they provide free internet which is terrible but it also stops us from getting any kind of line rental internet like eircom or vodafone provide. I was looking into Wifi Hubs as they seem to be the only solution to our problem. I game regularly with a friend online and its becoming annoying with a slow connection and i want to change it get something faster at least over 3mb/s (Please don't advise any usb modems, they are terrible and never work as advertised in my experience)

My apartment has ethernet ports to connect to the internet provided by the landlord to all apartments but its too slow. I need some advice on what to do here anyone please and thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The only thing you can get is 3G in those circumstances and even if the speeds are good(unlikely) you'll have terrible latency(ping) so its not gonna be great for gaming.

Maybe if you got every tenant to complain together the landlord might get a better package. Depends on how many units its serving and what kind of line he can get too.

Advertisement