Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know this song?

Options
  • 12-05-2013 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    First post ever on here and I hope it's a successful one. I'm trying to find a song on YouTube I listened to before but forgot the name.

The details I can give you are the following:

It's a traditional love song of sorts but it's very up beat.
    The man singing it sounded like he was from Louth/Monaghan/Cavan region.
    The chorus of the song goes along the lines of "If you're going to love your woman (or some similar term) you gotta do it right"

It was in a playlist called Irish songs with about ten others including foggy due, rising of the moon and the irish rovers orange and the green.

The song didn't have many views so not many of you might know the answer to this. Hope you can help in some way!

PS. If I think of any other details I'll post them here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

Is it "Take her in your arms" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Boxman wrote: »
    Is it "Take her in your arms" ?

OMG boxman you are a legend. Can't believe I've found it. What do you think of the song?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

Yeah I like it - tragic love lost mixed with a bit of humour!
    The air is a well known reel - The Otter's holt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Boxman wrote: »
    Yeah I like it - tragic love lost mixed with a bit of humour!
    The air is a well known reel - The Otter's holt.

cheers for that!

Advertisement