If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz mcr603 + Monitor Audio RX 1

Options
  • 12-05-2013 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi John,

Can you give me a quote for this bundle please?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cais wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you give me a quote for this bundle please?

Thanks
    Cais,
    stocks are starting to get low on the Marantz MCR603 - I can do the combo including 5 metres of QED Ruby Anniversary speaker cable (excellent budget cable at £9.95 / Meter) at just £669.95.

We can also do the Denon version of the MCR603 - The RCDN8 Ceol at just £649.95 including the Ruby Anniversary again http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hi-fi/denon/ceol-rcdn8/deno-ceol-rcdn8-blk

If you wanted the Denon Ceol in the Piano black with the RX1 Gloss in matching Piano Lacquer gloss (it looks F A N T A S T I C as a system) we can do them together for just £679.95

Keep us posted if you would like to order,

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Thanks John,

I am confused between Marantz and Ceol. I have made up my mind on RX1 (walnut) but I appreciate yr advice in selecting between marantz/denon ceol

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John,

I am confused between Marantz and Ceol. I have made up my mind on RX1 (walnut) but I appreciate yr advice in selecting between marantz/denon ceol

Hi Cals,

Thanks for getting back to us.  John is out of the office today so I'm just replying on his behalf.

Few differences between the 603 and Ceol.  The Ceol has built in WiFi and Airplay already preloaded and also has an Ipod dock built in to the top of the unit. 

It drops the DAB tuner but with built in wifi you can get instant access to internet radio.  The 603 keeps the DAB tuner but doesn't have built in wifi so you'll have to run an ethernet cable or use home plugs to connect it to your network.

Both excellent sounding systems.  If you plan to use the network features I'd say the Denon is probably the one to go for :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Chris/John

How about sound quality. Is 603 superior to denon? Number of online feedback says this. What's yr opinion?

If you rate 603 sound quality better then I will go with it even though denon has better features.

Hi Chris/John

How about sound quality. Is 603 superior to denon? Number of online feedback says this. What's yr opinion?

If you rate 603 sound quality better then I will go with it even though denon has better features.

Hi Cais,

Thanks for getting back to us :)

I'd have to go with the Marantz myself for overall sound quality.  The Denon sounds good but the 603 has the edge in my opinion.

The 603 has an option of adding on Airplay as well so if that was a feature you liked about the Denon you can still benefit from it on the Marantz :)  Also ethernet home plugs will sort out the network connection if your router isn't close by.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Advertisement

Thanks Chris. Do u supply home plugs? What would be the cost?

Thanks Chris. Do u supply home plugs? What would be the cost?
    Yep Cais we do the TP Link range and they work really well!

The basis version is the TL - PA210 http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming/tp-link/tl-pa210/tpli-tl-pa210kit which retail at £39.95.

Now this is the beauty of Audio in that two people can look at the same systems and emerge with completely different views - if it was me I would go for the Denon over the MCR603 - not just in terms of audio quality ( the Marantsz does have a very slight edge here) but if you need to add the TP link or an interent bridge than you could really use that  far more fruitfully with the Denon Ceol to improve the speakers or the speaker cable or interconnects / stands - all of which will significantly improve the audio quality and allow the Ceol to step ahead of the  ( and of course then you get the added features as a bonus)

The other factor is that the Ceol is a fair bit more powerful than the MCR - normally this isn't an issue but if you are using RX1's than the additional power would be useful!

Hope I haven't confused things too much

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John & crew.
    This certainly has helped me to make up.my mind. I think I will go with Denon.

Will call tomorrow to finalise.

Thanks again.

Thanks John & crew.
    This certainly has helped me to make up.my mind. I think I will go with Denon.

Will call tomorrow to finalise.

Thanks again.
    Hey Cais.

No problem at all.

You can get us tomorrow on 0044 333 900 0070 or if you drop me a contact number in a PM I can give you a shout.

I could give you a call tonight if that suits as I'll be here for the next hour or so :)

Pm sent

• Advertisement

Pm sent

Hi Cais,

Order is all wrapped and ready to go :)

Should be with you tomorrow.

Chris

Thanks Guys for yr help & support. Look forward to getting my hands on new system.

Thanks Guys for yr help & support. Look forward to getting my hands on new system.
    No problem - thanks a million for the business - it's much appreciated!

Give us an update when you get it all well run in..

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.