Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Waterford Bus Service

Options
  • 12-05-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Does anyone know if any private operators are doing anything on the Tramore Waterford bus route during this strike.

I've tried to call Rapid Express but no answer.

I rely on this bus to get into work everyday.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is no private bus service on this route.

Call Strand Cabs; 051 390009.

€20 into the City usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭[Steve]

JJ Kavanagh have a stop opposite the Tramore Bus terminus station, beside the Shop. Departs 7.55am. It's €3.00 into the city, I asked about returns but was told no. They drop off at Superquinn and Parnell St bus eireann stops.

(Will definitely choose to use JJ K to get into town if its only €3.00 in from now on, strike or not. Save 40 cent and a nicer bus and drivers too!)

Anyway, I was wondering if the WIT Bus Service will be running tomorrow morning from Tramore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

[Steve] wrote: »
    JJ Kavanagh have a stop opposite the Tramore Bus terminus station, beside the Shop. Departs 7.55am. It's €3.00 into the city, I asked about returns but was told no. They drop off at Superquinn and Parnell St bus eireann stops.

(Will definitely choose to use JJ K to get into town if its only €3.00 in from now on, strike or not. Save 40 cent and a nicer bus and drivers too!)

Anyway, I was wondering if the WIT Bus Service will be running tomorrow morning from Tramore.

I could have sworn that JJ Kavanagh bus that ran on the route stopped ages ago? I didn't think it even went to Parnell St!

There is no strike so its business as usual. If the WIT bus would normally run, that it will run.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭[Steve]

I checked to see if it was just a special thing because of the strike, but no, it runs daily at 7.55am. Never checked any other hours, but yeah. Stops outside that shop across from the terminus. Return to Tramore picks up outside the WCFE stop at 6pm back to the same stop in tramore across the terminus. If they keep the fares at €3.00 each way, then goodbye bus eireann until I need a monthly ticket in september!

The drivers are a lot more friendly than most of the bus eireann lads, bus is a lot nicer too, actually tells you the right time.. unlike most of the express buses sometimes used on the 360 route where it says its 11pm at 8 in the morning..

Anyway thanks for that, I guess I can always ask the 360 driver if its running just to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

sully the bus that goes to parnell street is the kavanagh dublin bus

the other bus route that stopped was the one that went out near ardkeen

• Advertisement
Advertisement