Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alopecia: Permanent make up and wigs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi justbored, I know someone who had her eyebrows tattooed on, and I think eyeliner too. It looked really well, and I think she said it didn't hurt too much. She got it done a couple of years ago and it is starting to fade a bit, but overall it's held up quite well.

I can ask her about costs and wigs when I'm next speaking to her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 slimworld

Hi JustBored,

I too suffer from alopecia. I get my hairpieces from the a man called Seamus Gallagher, Hair Affair, 75 Kilane Road, Limavady BT4 90DL, N. Ireland. He also works out of the Macmillan Cancer Support in Belfast.

When I first got Alopecia i went to a hairdresser/wig supplier in Dublin and was fleezed to the tune of €600 and it wasn't human hair and it did look like a wig. Seamus charges my wig (monofilament & synthetic) at about €220.

Hope this helps
    If you need his number let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 slimworld

Yes he does Rene of Paris and Raquel Welch. He post my wigs to me.

I was living in Belfast when I heard of him and visiting him was the best thing of ever did as at least now i like the way I look and I am not wearing some ghastly looking mop on my head.

His mobile number is +44 - 7729355068 and he's the best person ever to cut a fringe in a wig that I have come across.

Any other help I can be please let me know as I know only too well what a devastating illlness alopecia is.

All the best

• Advertisement

Advertisement