Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craving a good fry!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Feeney's in Salthill mmmmmMMM sooooo tasty... drools...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MaroonMafioso

Best fry in the city for good value is Bon Apetite on upper abbeygate street. It's 5 euro for a full fry and a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I shouldn't have to say this guys. Don't just call something shíte, terrible or awful. If you've got something to say about a place, do so constructively. Food and dining experiences are subjective and shouldn't be tarnished because one person doesn't like it.

For example, I love Finnegan's. Others hate it. It's all opinions at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Apologies! Hadn't finished, if I want a fry a fiver deal is rarely worth it. The cellar is dynamite. Their regular breakfast is MASSIVE, I barely finish the small. Nice service too

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Feeney's in Salthill mmmmmMMM sooooo tasty... drools...

+1 top class

Not sure if it's changed since, but the worst I had in town was in the townhouse, got it at around 4:30pm and it was as if it was laying in the kitchen cooked since 6am.
    Anyone had a fry there recently?
    Though i must say the rest of their menu is lovely!!

Also, Ard Bia at Nimmos is really nice too, and thats the "Hippy Fry" (veggie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I gotta say i'm perpetually disappointed with the Fry's in town.... the very odd good one i suppose but usually there's something not right, like a poor quality sausage, or a watery rasher or crap mushrooms.

If you want to be absolutely certain of quality across the fry there really is no substitute for picking up the nessecary bits from the butcher and shop and cooking them up yourself and wolfing down with a read of the paper and a look at the telly (sport preferably)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

McTigs wrote: »
    I gotta say i'm perpetually disappointed with the Fry's in town.... the very odd good one i suppose but usually there's something not right, like a poor quality sausage, or a watery rasher or crap mushrooms.

If you want to be absolutely certain of quality across the fry there really is no substitute for picking up the nessecary bits from the butcher and shop and cooking them up yourself and wolfing down with a read of the paper and a look at the telly (sport preferably)

But you're out Salthill aren't you? Hard to beat the Gourmet Tarts fry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

With that in mind... Who is the best sausage purveyor (ooher missus) in town?

The pigs on the green sausages in Mc.Cambridges are pretty good IMO but the ones from Castlemaine farm are a bit too porky (ooher missus) for me..

With that in mind... Who is the best sausage purveyor (ooher missus) in town?

The pigs on the green sausages in Mc.Cambridges are pretty good IMO but the ones from Castlemaine farm are a bit too porky (ooher missus) for me..

Divilly's, in Westside, own sausages, the jumbo ones (not the ones they buy in), are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

churchview wrote: »
    But you're out Salthill aren't you? Hard to beat the Gourmet Tarts fry.
    I was just gonna say if i had to pick one it would be Gourmet Tart.

Fry was so good in there on Christmas eve my wife went into labour. True story!

• Advertisement

I was just gonna say if i had to pick one it would be Gourmet Tart.

Fry was so good in there on Christmas eve my wife went into labour. True story!

Only problem with the place is it's so busy there at weekends she could have had the baby there and mightn't have been noticed!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Divilly's, in Westside, own sausages, the jumbo ones (not the ones they buy in), are great.

Thier puddin's, no matter which size you get, ain't fantastic tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Was in the Pucan yesterday for a fry up. Greasy, not a great portion size. The place is so dark and dank as well.

Home Plate is great, but Food for Thought is probably my favourite. Bacon and Pudding is always quality, lovely home fries too. nom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I love the sussies from the pork butchers with the german name i cant spell across from st nicks church. Collerans are good too.

Seaneh wrote: »
    I love the sussies from the pork butchers with the german name i cant spell across from st nicks church. Collerans are good too.

Herterich's

Must be one of the oldest butchers in Galway at this stage.

Herterich's

Yeah, it's still hard to fecking spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Herterich's

Herterichs vegetable pudding is savage too. Best butchers for fry material by a mile! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eddie_Vedder

I'll need to try this Home Plate when i'm back over next month,I usually go to Riordans for a nice big breaky,fantastic! sets you up for the day.

I'll need to try this Home Plate when i'm back over next month,I usually go to Riordans for a nice big breaky,fantastic! sets you up for the day.

The big breakfast in homeplate is about €8 I think.

The "small" breakfast is €5 and it's still huge and you still get a big mug of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eddie_Vedder

The big breakfast in homeplate is about €8 I think.

The "small" breakfast is €5 and it's still huge and you still get a big mug of tea.

Cheers i'll defo give the big one a try anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement