Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anesthesist nurse?

Options
  • 12-05-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I am currently in my leaving certificate year and thinking of changing my cao to put general nursing first. I am interested in becoming an anesthesist nurse after this course. Can anyone enlighten me how difficult it is to get onto a programme? where can i study etc? any information at all would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

Do you mean an anaesthetic nurse? There are no nurse anaesthetists to the best of my knowledge in Ireland. Unlike in the US, Canada and the UK where they have non-physician anaesthetists of various sorts.
    I am not a nurse but I understand the career path would be to become an operating room nurse and then choose anaesthesia.

Hope this helps

Advertisement