Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much I`ll pay in bills?

Options
  • 12-05-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hiya, I am planning to move to my own place, its 2 bed apartment in city center and rent is 750e a month, could someone please tell me approximately how much I would pay for all bills? thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

How long is a piece of string? It's impossible to say until you start living there. You need to consider:
    • Heating. What is it? (Gas, Electric, Oil??)
    • Timer - Are you working or at home. How often/how long heating will be on?
    • Electricity. What applicances do you have. How often/how long do you use them for?
    • If the flat has electric heaters - be careful. They are VERY expensive to run. There's a storage heater thread in the Accomodation & Property forum if you do a search.
    • Do you have/want Internet or Cable? Package? Cost??

So you see - It's impossible to say. You need to try it and see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

If you want to budget, get a Bord Gais Payment card and throw a few quid on that weekly. It eases the shock of winter bills. Same with the electricity. I'm with BG and just take my bill to the Post Office weekly to put some money on the account.

Shop around for the cheapest providers.

Advertisement