Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus alternatives from Limerick to Cork

• 12-05-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Besides Citylink are there any other operators going to Cork weekday mornings ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

No, I think that's it!

You could take the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thanks. Unforutnately the train is over 40 euro return!! And I need to travel every day. Plus you have to change at Limerick junction and some days it only goes as far as Mallow and you have to get a bus the rest of the way!!

Must check out CityLink. Not the cheapest either compared to Bus Eireann and the earliest weekday bus is after 9am. I think they go from Henry Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

Flaccus wrote: »
    Thanks. Unforutnately the train is over 40 euro return!! And I need to travel every day. Plus you have to change at Limerick junction and some days it only goes as far as Mallow and you have to get a bus the rest of the way!!

Must check out CityLink. Not the cheapest either compared to Bus Eireann and the earliest weekday bus is after 9am. I think they go from Henry Street.

The bus substitution between Mallow - Cork finishes today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Citylink provide a far superior service, its only a euro or two dearer if at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

A weekly bus eireann 10 journey ticket is 71.25 bought online.

A week using CityLink is actually 22.80 a day (114 euro).

So 42.75 difference or an extra 8.55 a day which unfrortunately I cannot afford.

Plus it looks like from their webiste that 9.50am is the earliest bus. Would need to be leaving every day at 8am the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

A weekly bus eireann 10 journey ticket is 71.25 bought online.

A week using CityLink is actually 22.80 a day (114 euro).

So 42.75 difference or an extra 8.55 a day which unfrortunately I cannot afford.

Plus it looks like from their webiste that 9.50am is the earliest bus. Would need to be leaving every day at 8am the latest.

Citylink do a 10 journey ticket for 70 euro. http://citylink.ie/index.php/savings/10-journey-commuter-tickets

Advertisement