Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dilemma: MacBook Air Or Pro?

• 12-05-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hey guys, I've been having a major dilemma here. I'm about to get a new laptop and I've decided to join the bandwagon of the Mac laptops (which to be honest, look awesome as I tried one a few days ago and was ready to get one on the spot!). However, I'm unsure as to which one would be best for me between the 13 inches Mac Air and 13 inches MBPro. Or should i even add MBPro retina to the list.

Here's what I need it for:
    - regular web surfing
    - writing
    - picture and video creation and editing using Jing and Camtasia for my biz.
    - being fast, able to handle multiple windows and apps open at the same time.
    - I'll be bringing it with my on my trips so weight is important and that's one main reason I'm looking at the Mac as they are very light even compared to my current laptop.

So in light of all of the above, what would you guys recommend I get between the 2 for a first time Mac user? Which would be the best to make as smooth of a transition as possible from the PC to the MAC? The Air or the Pro? What has been your experience with a Mac, whether it be a MBA or a MBP?

Appreciate all your feedbacks guys!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Personally I would go for the MacBook Pro as the Air is essentially the Pro with all the options taken away. You have more peripheral options with the Pro too such as Firewire etc. Screensize would certainly be the decider but seeing as they're both 13" it's really down to a few small things; whether you want a solid state drive (which is a lot faster but also provides a lot less storage) and whether you want more RAM. Also the Air won't be as fast as the Pro.

You'll get more longevity out of the Pro tbh. A 13" Pro will be very light and portable anyway. Hope that helps. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Calgary22 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been having a major dilemma here. I'm about to get a new laptop and I've decided to join the bandwagon of the Mac laptops (which to be honest, look awesome as I tried one a few days ago and was ready to get one on the spot!). However, I'm unsure as to which one would be best for me between the 13 inches Mac Air and 13 inches MBPro. Or should i even add MBPro retina to the list.

Here's what I need it for:
    - regular web surfing
    - writing
    - picture and video creation and editing using Jing and Camtasia for my biz.
    - being fast, able to handle multiple windows and apps open at the same time.
    - I'll be bringing it with my on my trips so weight is important and that's one main reason I'm looking at the Mac as they are very light even compared to my current laptop.

So in light of all of the above, what would you guys recommend I get between the 2 for a first time Mac user? Which would be the best to make as smooth of a transition as possible from the PC to the MAC? The Air or the Pro? What has been your experience with a Mac, whether it be a MBA or a MBP?

Appreciate all your feedbacks guys!

Cheers!

This is the iOS device forum. This question has been asked a lot here:
    Mac forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

Thanks;)

Hence why i said thanks people make mistakes jeez:(

Mods please close and delete i posted thread in wrong forum i have created a new one in MAC. thanks:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement