Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice wanted for IT server training (to work in internal help desks)

• 12-05-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

(I'm uncertain whether I picked the correct forum category. If not, please move this thread, thanks)

What I have
    I have a solid knowledge when it comes to hardware and software (Windows, networking) as well as having several years of experience in tech support/troubleshooting Windows computers.

What I need
    Now I'd like to extend my knowledge to Windows server systems. My goal is to get the needed skills to be able to work in a company internal tech help desk (administrating servers as well as fixing employee computer issues etc) and eventually administrator.

What I'm looking for
    I don't want to go for studies with a BA or MA degree.
    Instead I'm looking for training(s) which is rather short (1 year or less, if possible) which teach me all required skills, preferably as a full time training. It should finish with a certificate or just anything I can put on my CV. Money doesn't play a role really, I'm willing to pay what it takes as long as the training is sufficient, effective, and not too long.

I received an offer through a friend recently which requires the following skills:
    · Third level qualification in a relevant IT discipline. Technical certification an advantage.

· Excellent knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, particularly Access/Excel. VB an advantage.

· Server 2008 Administration experience.

· Knowledge of SharePoint, O365 and Web Technologies.

So which training(s) would you recommend to acquire these skills (especially server administration)? Hopefully some of you work such or similar jobs and can give me a good idea, the names of the training(s) and maybe even at which locations I can do these. :)

Also, what is a 3rd level qualification?

Best regards,
    Landorin

Advertisement