Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICF New Build (4 Bed split level 207sqm)

Options
  • 12-05-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, we are moving forward with the construction of our new home. Full planning approved . I'm considering going down the route of an Icf build.I have been looking at icf Kore products. Does any one have experience with Kore or similar. We will be approaching builders with in the month for prices. Can anyone recommended a good IFC builder. Has any one built a split level and can advise on extra costs if any.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Baron121 wrote: »
    Hi, we are moving forward with the construction of our new home. Full planning approved . I'm considering going down the route of an Icf build.I have been looking at icf Kore products. Does any one have experience with Kore or similar. We will be approaching builders with in the month for prices. Can anyone recommended a good IFC builder. Has any one built a split level and can advise on extra costs if any.
    There's a regular poster 'manu' who has built with ICF.
    In my experience the difficulty with ICF is the details (by this i mean detailed junctions specified and explained in construction drawings) that are not thought out. Dont under estimate the effort required to detail an ICF build especially as the they are not firmilar to many trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭windyboy

Baron,

I finished a 2 storey Kore ICF house (A2 rated) in Sligo in autumn 2011. I sent you a PM with the builder (based in Kells) phone number.

Also KORE themselves will give you a list of their approved installers. I sent you details for their sales manager.

Regards,
    Windyboy

Advertisement