Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/Internet in Tullamore

• 12-05-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm moving up to Tullamore soon on coop (university work experience) and am attempting to sort out the Internet there.

I've found a place to stay, the net is on me.

I would prefer to use UPC, as I have them at home, and they've offered a reliable service at speeds the other companies can't match. I'm a heavy Internet user too.

Is UPC available in Tullamore? What other options would you recommend? Anything over 10megabits is wasted IMO. I want reliability over anything else. And a high bandwidth cap ideally (UPC have ACTUAL unlimited caps on their fibre packages now, which is amazing).

What would people recommend in this situation? It's just Internet that's needed, no peripherals like TV or phone. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

UPC is TV only in Offaly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

colm_mcm wrote: »
    UPC is TV only in Offaly

That's unfortunate. I've been having a look around online and Magnet seem pretty good price wise (no contract either, just a flat 50 euro cancellation fee).

Has anybody had any experience with them? I hope they're available in Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 offmeheadpal

eircom is now unlimited, and most of tullamore can get the full 8mb or higher

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e2s1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

eircom is now unlimited, and most of tullamore can get the full 8mb or higher

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e2s1

I had magnet before, it was 55€ for their contractless broadband. It was 15euro more than the advertised 40€ because they didn't have their own equipment installed.

So check with them first. Its only 40 for Sky Broadband and youll get the same speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I had magnet before, it was 55€ for their contractless broadband. It was 15euro more than the advertised 40€ because they didn't have their own equipment installed.

So check with them first. Its only 40 for Sky Broadband and youll get the same speeds.
    Thanksgr the heads up. I will ring a few and ask them what's their best offer. Hopefully they'll bite, I'll be there for 8 months so it'd be worth their while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement