Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portraits

Options
  • 12-05-2013 3:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

im looking to get a portrait of a great uncle of mine on my fore-arm and im just posting this up here to see has anybody on boards have portraits done?if you do id love to see them/it to so i can get ideas of where to look and find a good artist to do mine

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If you're willing to pay good money, and wait a looooooong time, Remis would more than likely be the best in Ireland for portrait work.

He's going away for most of the year if I remember correctly, but I'd suggest contacting him to try get on his waiting list. His portrait work is absolutely fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

yeah my brother got his nightmare before christmas sleeve done by him , also got a portrait done of the grandmother and tbh i wasnt mad on it?!?!
    he is goin away traveling and was told he's not taking bookings for the next year or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

A V A wrote: »
    yeah my brother got his nightmare before christmas sleeve done by him , also got a portrait done of the grandmother and tbh i wasnt mad on it?!?!
    he is goin away traveling and was told he's not taking bookings for the next year or so

Hmm. It's up to yourself of course, but he'd be considered one of, if not the, best artists for portrait work in Ireland.

He's going traveling for the rest of the year, yeah, but he'd be one I'd recommend waiting for tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There's an artist called Charlie Huurman who does very good portraits and is due to do a weeks residency down in Cork and another week down in Bray shortly.

http://www.chtattoo.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

yes thats exactly what my brother has said and also thinks im mad not liking the portrait but id like to some more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I have a voucher for Galway bay and I think I'm gonna use it to get a portrait from Stephen Kennedy there. I'd say he's worth checking out. Good portraits outta Skin city too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Remis for me would be the best in Ireland there's a reason he can go travelling and be pre booked everywhere he goes in advance.

But if he's not you I'd look at pawel in skin city, Joe myler or Tomash in hydraulix tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Can't remember if the portraits were good/if he had many, but your man in Dark Raptor's black and grey stuff was savage.

Advertisement