Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to shannon on Tuesday 14th.

Options
  • 12-05-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm heading to Shannon on Tuesday 14th May for a flight at 5.30pm. But the Bus Eireann strike is looking like it may run on into that time frame and cause some real trouble for anyone traveling that day.

Does anyone know of another bus service to Shannon for Tuesday? Or are traveling to or near Shannon themselves at any time of the day and are willing to take a passenger?

I know goBus aren't going, but wasn't able to get any others on the phone, it being Sunday and all.

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Citylink goes to Limerick. From a google search JJ Kavanagh & Sons has a bus from Dublin to Shannon and picks up passengers in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkywolf

Cheers. Sounds like it'll do the trick.

I'm open to any other back up plans though. One can never be too cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

If worst came to the worst you could always get the train to Ennis / Sixmilebridge / Limerick and then get a taxi to the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Citylink goes to Limerick. From a google search JJ Kavanagh & Sons has a bus from Dublin to Shannon and picks up passengers in Limerick.

Make sure you book if doing this. Both CL & JJK will be very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkywolf

Just wanted to come back in and say thank you for the help guys. Trip was a success, all is well and good.

-Sparky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Safe home Sparky. I hear there are some crazies out there these days. Be careful who you get a ride home with... ;)

By the way, have I introduced you to Doreen the hatchet? She's a hoot. Her wit is as sharp as her face...

Advertisement