Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic car

Options
  • 12-05-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I thinking of maybe getting a classic, I want something big engined maybe a 4x4 or something needing work were I could fix it up myself, something along those lines similar to what brewer does on wheeler dealer only it would be for my own use

Question I have is how do you identify a classic? As in is there a proper list so you know you it will qualify for classic insurance etc

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to the classic cars section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Hi OP , now you've been moved in here, read the stickie charter, loads of info in there for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭w124man

Brewer?

Wheeler Dealer?

What a total t**t! Gives classic cars a bad name that guy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

w124man wrote: »
    Brewer?

Wheeler Dealer?

What a total t**t! Gives classic cars a bad name that guy :mad:

Aye, but Edd China's OK...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

TBH after seeing what car Brewer is going for I then forward it on to when Ed starts his mechanical magic!

Would really like a show were it was 100% Ed and not have to listen to Brewers sh!ttalk!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭SB6

canhefixit wrote: »
    I thinking of maybe getting a classic, I want something big engined maybe a 4x4 or something needing work were I could fix it up myself, something along those lines similar to what brewer does on wheeler dealer only it would be for my own use

Question I have is how do you identify a classic? As in is there a proper list so you know you it will qualify for classic insurance etc

Cheers

Sort of depends on what you want a classic for imo
    To me a classic is some thing that has a classic look, not taking into account the age at all.

In ireland tho i suppose going by insurance companies a classic can be anything older than 15 years old for some companies, yes 15. Other than insurance i dont think there is any other reason/purpose a person would get a 'classic' apart from the main reason - looks/feel etc??? my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭SB6

canhefixit wrote: »
    TBH after seeing what car Brewer is going for I then forward it on to when Ed starts his mechanical magic!

Would really like a show were it was 100% Ed and not have to listen to Brewers sh!ttalk!!!

Same;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

You have to like it yourself, or you will quickly lose interest and end up selling it. To be honest, if you have to ask a forum what you like, you should wait till you see something that fires your imagination. You wouldn't ask us here to pick a girlfriend for you. would you? and expect to be together for years!

Personally, for a big engine classic, I would go for a Ford Bronco from the late 70's / early 80's, or a GMC truck (remember The Fall Guy?)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ludeen

Hope this is the correct thread , could anyone give a ballpark value of a 1998 bmw 318is coupe no rust excellent driver .cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement