Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Dublin Airport, for a Tuesday dawn flight?

Options
  • 12-05-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Bit of a longshot, but as I can't seem to find any info on how long the Bus Eireann strike is likely to last, I'm wondering if anyone is heading to Dublin Airport for an early dawn flight - and has a spare seat in their car???

I'm in Letterkenny, have a 20kg suitcase and a 10kg cabin trolley case, and because 5am to 7am can be hectic in Terminal 2, I'd really like to be there by 5.30am.
    Happily willing to pay towards fuel, as it's going to cost me €35 to go by Ulsterbus (via Belfast!).

No harm in asking...... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I'm in the same boat, need to be at the airport for the 11:30 to Amsterdam. Mcginleys wont get me there until 11:45.
    Ulsterbus is due at the airport at 10:50 but have a warning about a 45 minute delay at Emyvale.

Might have to consider going down the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Ulsterbus is due at the airport at 10:50 but have a warning about a 45 minute delay at Emyvale.

Not sure about 45 minute delay, but the diversion at Emyvale def adds 20 minutes if going by car. Still leaves you a bit tight for check-in.

There's an Ulsterbus, leaves Derry at 4.30am, supposed to get there at 7.40am, so even with delays, you should be grand - still too late for me though! :(

Link to Ulster Bus timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

People on Twitter are helping

use the hashtag #carfairy or something to see whats about.

Also getthere.ie has a car sharing thing too along with bus times for other providers if they are going

Advertisement