Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 12-05-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a few of us Milanistas (Milanisti? :pac:) knocking around so I thought I'd set up a thread to avoid clogging the main Serie A thread with small Milan stuff like Mario Yepes appreciation etc.

I still intend on using the main league thread but just thought this would be handy for lineups, 1% chance transfer rumours, links for streaming matches (if allowed :confused:) and such as the main red and black forum online seems to border on the unusable..

So anyway, Roma at home to clinch 3rd. Hope El Shaarawy gets his much sought-after goal to cap off a fantastic season!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

When Bohs won the league 2008, Milan sent a fax to the club congratulating their fellow Rossoneri. It read something like "congratulations to the big club, from the bigger club."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Hahaha Any particular reason they'd do that? :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Hahaha Any particular reason they'd do that? :pac:
    fellow Rossoneri.

This bit.

This bit.

Thought there was going to be more to it than that, my bad :o :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Squad for tonight's game: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Zapata, Mexes, Constant; Flamini, Ambrosini, Muntari; Boateng, El Shaarawy, Balotelli

Jankulovski at the game tonight
    257fb94eb1f5cba274ccffb32275ea02.png

Anyone looking for a recipe I'd gladly PM one

• Advertisement

Bizarre red card... Must have been for Muntari touching the ref after getting a yellow ?

Talk of racial abuse from the Roma fans too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Talk of racial abuse from the Roma fans too

Game was just halted for a few minutes and an announcement made about the chants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

This match is nuts.

Disgraceful from the Roma Ultras. The punishment for that type of behaviour needs to be much, much harsher than a measly €50k fine

Dunno what Muntari was at, cost us a potential victory had we 11 v 11 for the 2nd half. Petulant elbow from Totti at the end as well, is that him out of the Coppa Italia final?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan have to win next week now, if Fiorentina win and Milan only draw, Fiorentina get 3rd because they have a better head to head record.

• Advertisement

Balotelli says that if he's racially abused on Sunday then he'll walk off the pitch.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1448766?&cc=5739

What happens if Milan walked off during the game, do they forfeit?

Big, big game to walk off in, not sure if it's the best for Milan though seeing as they'd miss out on Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Will Flamini get a new contract lads? He seems to have turned things around

Will Flamini get a new contract lads? He seems to have turned things around

Can definitely see how being kept on, He was given a chance this year and accepted a huge pay cut to stay after only making 2 appearances last year due to injury. He's taken his chance this last 2 months and has put in some great performances imo. He will most likely be kept on!

Being strongly linked with Andrea Poli the last few weeks, anybody have an opinion on him? I've only seem him play a handful of times, looked very solid but is he much of a step up from what we currently have? Would rather we saved up and bought a top midfielder than getting more around the same level as Muntari/Flamini/Nocerino/A recovering De Jong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Poli is co-owned by Juve so I'd say a move to Milan is unlikely.

Being strongly linked with Andrea Poli the last few weeks, anybody have an opinion on him? I've only seem him play a handful of times, looked very solid but is he much of a step up from what we currently have? Would rather we saved up and bought a top midfielder than getting more around the same level as Muntari/Flamini/Nocerino/A recovering De Jong

He'd be back up to Montolivo if he was signed.

Juve will end up signing him as backup to Pirlo anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I see Mario has opened a twitter account, @finallymario the handle.

And here's to the next 10 years, hopefully (yoinked from Mario's twitter)!

BKjK-geCYAEkSLf.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

In a spot of bother now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

This is so difficult to watch, ref is terrible!
    Its made worse by the ESPN commentary

That was one of the greatest match endings i've experienced in a long time... Left it late but showed great character to get over the line after a sloppy performance... Onward and upward!!

Didn't see the match, watched the highlights, very soft penalty but feck it, Forza Milan.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Didn't see the match, watched the highlights, very soft penalty but feck it, Forza Milan.

It was a hair-pulling game. Montolivo and Balotelli were particularly woeful for the first 60 minutes. The result was all that mattered though! Soft indeed but no softer than Ljajic's disgrace of a penalty against Milan a few weeks back that gave Fiorentina a fighting chance at 3rd!

Hearing Silvio has given Allegri the bullet live on Italian TV. Must say I'm pretty annoyed. Thought Max did a super job this season making CL while the team is in transition. Wasn't always a fan of his style of play and I imagine this was Silvio's main issue but we've lost a top manager imo.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Hearing Silvio has given Allegri the bullet live on Italian TV. Must say I'm pretty annoyed. Thought Max did a super job this season making CL while the team is in transition. Wasn't always a fan of his style of play and I imagine this was Silvio's main issue but we've lost a top manager imo.

Apparently it's all lies.

http://football-italia.net/34420/milan-deny-berlusconi-statement

There is huge confusion after Milan denied a message from President Silvio Berlusconi sacking Coach Max Allegri was real.

The club is in chaos this evening after a letter stated as officially from Berlusconi was read out live on television programme Il Processo di Biscardi, where he had been due to give a telephone interview.

Berlusconi has appeared on this show several times, so the letter was considered to be absolutely credible.

However, Milan’s official website has now released a statement assuring “Honorary President Silvio Berlusconi announces he has not made any statements today, nor wrote a letter about Milan.”

The letter had been particularly scathing, suggesting Allegri and the entire coaching staff would be removed.

“There will be a complete change in the coaching staff. We will also, if necessary, re-organise the club structure,” read the letter that has now been denied by Milan.

“After the disastrous start to the season, I met with the Coach and directors to tell everyone this situation had to be overturned.

“I also specified that the team had to step on to the field with a different tactical set-up, as I have a lot of experience in this area.

“The results were seen straight away, modesty aside, starting from the comeback to draw 2-2 with Napoli. From the relegation zone we climbed to third place, earned yesterday by the skin of our teeth.

“I have already called for tomorrow a complete revamp of the coaching staff and, if it were needed, a more efficient and complete re-organisation of the club structure.”

I won't be too disappointed to see Allegri go as long as we get a proven manager in to replace him. Don't want someone like Leonardo being given a chance again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Would you try and nab Mazzari?

I won't be too disappointed to see Allegri go as long as we get a proven manager in to replace him. Don't want someone like Leonardo being given a chance again

What are you on about.

Allegri has been great since he joined and Leonardo did a very good job in his one season as coach.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Would you try and nab Mazzari?

I'd rather keep Allegri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I'd rather keep Allegri.

I really can't understand why Allegri would get the sack, he has done a good job apart from a bad spell at the start of this season but still got 3rd so that doesn't really matter. Berlusconi really needs to cop himself on if he actually expected any better after selling their two best players last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I agree, i'm just playing devils advocate.

He's done pretty well I think, won a title, blooded in some talented young lads and generally bought well.

Rather see him stay as well. Curva Sud seem to have backed him up as well, the only problem here is Berlusconi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Looks like Allegri is all but gone....hard to tell!

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1456551/max-allegri-leaves-ac-milan-clarence-seedorf-lined-reports?cc=5739
    Reports in Italy suggest Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has left the club with former Rossoneri midfielder Clarence Seedorf a surprise candidate replace him.

Allegri, who is under contract until 2014, was summoned to a meeting on Tuesday morning by vice-president Adriano Galliani where it is believed he was relieved of his duties and is now negotiating a severance package on his annual salary of €2.8 million

After leaving the meeting he told reporters: "I've got nothing to say. I just enjoyed a long good coffee with Galliani…"

When asked if he remained in charge of Milan, Allegri carried on walking without giving a response.

Seedorf, 37, has been installed as the early favourite for the job. Currently in the middle of a two-year contract with Brazilian side Botafogo, he spent a decade with Milan between 2002 and 2012.

Allegri led Milan to a third-placed finish in Serie A this season meaning qualification for the Champions League. However, they finished 15 points behind champions Juventus to the displeasure of club president Silvio Berlusconi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Why are none of the Italian clubs ever bought by some random multi-billionaire sugardaddy... strict laws?

• Advertisement

Why are none of the Italian clubs ever bought by some random multi-billionaire sugardaddy... strict laws?

None of them own their own stadia (except Juve, and that's only recent).

The investment would be massive.

Milan are owned by one of the richest men in the world in fairness, and have probably benefited from the rich sugar daddy billionaire owner thing more than any club could ever hope to (5 champions leagues, etc) since Silvio saved the team in the 80's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Milan, Inter and Juve are all owned by billionaires already.

Seedorf doesn't even seem to want to finish playing, why would he stop now to take over at Milan and possibly ruin his name as a manager? :confused:

If I was him I'd play out my contract (he said he wants to finish his 2 year deal with Botafogo) and then start small with a club where he'll be given a chance to make mistakes etc. or maybe even join up with the backroom staff at Milan like Inzaghi with the academy.

He's a very smart man, he'll be well aware of the situation at Milan and I'm sure he'll know that he'll always be welcome (maybe even more-so than now) in the years to come.

Really don't want to see Seedorf be made a mug of by Berlusconi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

The two Milan clubs seem to be downsizing though, selling their best players and Inter have rarely been more mediocre.

Your Man Citys, PSGs and Monacos don't seem to be too bothered about FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

The two Milan clubs seem to be downsizing though, selling their best players and Inter have rarely been more mediocre.
    The recession has hit football too, Moratti for one can't afford to bank roll the losses that Inter were making which is the main reason he supports the FFP. The Italian clubs are just going to go backwards with it though because, as Seaneh said, without owning the stadia they are way behind on match day revenues.

• Advertisement

As are Roma.

Bonera and Zapata officially kept on, Yepes looks to be going as does Didac Vila (never really got a chance? :confused: ) Hope to see Bojan go as well as Robinho, i don't think either of them are worth the fee/wages plus it will give Saponara and Niang more of a chance

What are you on about.

Allegri has been great since he joined and Leonardo did a very good job in his one season as coach.

Allegri has been good but not great. It looks like he is going, which is why I brought it up in the first place. What I said was "I won't be too disappointed as long as we get a proven manager in as replacement" - hardly ripping into him was it?

Don't see how 3rd in the league, Quarters of the cup and a 7-2 agg loss to United in Europe was so good for Leonardo. Maybe not bad but not what I was looking for in a replacement for Ancellotti.

Looking forward to seeing more of this fella next season.

Allegri has been good but not great. It looks like he is going, which is why I brought it up in the first place. What I said was "I won't be too disappointed as long as we get a proven manager in as replacement" - hardly ripping into him was it?

Don't see how 3rd in the league, Quarters of the cup and a 7-2 agg loss to United in Europe was so good for Leonardo. Maybe not bad but not what I was looking for in a replacement for Ancellotti.

I think considering he had the "talents" of Oguchi Onyewu, Kakha Kaladze, Favalli, Borriello, Mancini, and Klaas Jan Huntelaar who for an entire season seemed to competely forget how to play football, backed up by the aging Jankulovski, Zambrotta and Oddo as his full back choices behind Abate and Antonini, Pirlo having the worse season of his career, including his time at Inter and the team had just lost Maldini and Kaka. The best player to ever play for the club and the clubs most important player of the previous 5 or 6 years.

The only players who did themselves justice that year were Flamini, Ronaldinho, Nesta and Thiago Silva. Even Ambrosini and Gattuso had nightmares.

So yeah, I think Leonardo that season did just as good a job as Allegri has done this season under very similar circumstances and got shafted by Berlusconi, as seems to be happening again to Allegri.

I think considering he had the "talents" of Oguchi Onyewu, Kakha Kaladze, Favalli, Borriello, Mancini, and Klaas Jan Huntelaar who for an entire season seemed to competely forget how to play football, backed up by the aging Jankulovski, Zambrotta and Oddo as his full back choices behind Abate and Antonini, Pirlo having the worse season of his career, including his time at Inter and the team had just lost Maldini and Kaka. The best player to ever play for the club and the clubs most important player of the previous 5 or 6 years.

The only players who did themselves justice that year were Flamini, Ronaldinho, Nesta and Thiago Silva. Even Ambrosini and Gattuso had nightmares.

So yeah, I think Leonardo that season did just as good a job as Allegri has done this season under very similar circumstances and got shafted by Berlusconi, as seems to be happening again to Allegri.

Seems like an awful lot of excuses to be honest. If all these quality players were having such bad seasons then surely you have to look at the manager? It seems a double standard to say on the one hand the aging Zambrotta and co was a problem and then say Maldini retiring was a problem (please don't interpret this as saying Maldini was anything short of a world class legend).

I just don't think Leonardo is a good manager, he clearly wasn't good at getting the best out of his players on the pitch, which is a managers most important job.

I do think he is suited to his director of football/technical director role. In fact, I understand he had a big part to play in getting Kaka and Thiago Silva to Milan

Remembering our lost Juventus brothers on the 28th anniversary of one of the darkest days in European football.

Saw this earlier. Robinho looks to be on his way out too.. Less than 2 years ago these were arguably our 5 best players. Funny how quickly things change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The meeting between Allegri, Galliani and Berlusconi will take place today. Its looking like he may stay but has to get us into the Group stage of the Champ League. I'd like to see if funds were brought up at it too, think we need a few reinforcements at the back and in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://football-italia.net/34913/official-allegri-stays-milan
    Allegri is staying, no news on an extension. I suspect that will happen after the Champ League qualification if it happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement