Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Should be overturned on appeal

Should be overturned on appeal

Scratch that. We're not even appealing it. They must think it won't be overturned so it's futile but it wouldn't be added to either so surely it would be worth a shot.

Reading online about the Milan management being annoyed with Balo and many people commenting that they're right not to appeal it because it will teach him a lesson. Seems bizarre to me. He gets no protection from the referees and on top of that, he's playing with no quality around him at the minute. You could see how fed up he was with Matri by the end of the Celtic game and he wasn't the only one. :mad:

What he did after the game was rash and unnecessary but most managers/clubs would have given him at least some support and not just say "he needs to shut up".

Milan fan or not, if Milan aren't going to back him in situations like this and he has to play with mediocre players like Birsa and Matri beside him every week, it won't be long before he becomes disillusioned with life at Milan and I wouldn't blame him.

Out for the Juventus game as well as probably being dropped from Prandelli's Italy squad for the internationals due to his "code of ethics". He only has one competitive game between now and October 19th (Ajax away). And when he was playing well and all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He was our best player on Sunday by a million miles, I can see the reckoning of not appealing he got sent off like this 7 months ago so its obvious he didn't learn his lesson, although the ref should of spotted Behrami catching him. But at the end of the day its the club that'll suffer more.
    Matri & Robinho with Birsa in behind will be the choice Wednesday I have no faith in the management team to pick Niang they'd rather pick washed up players instead.

GTR63 wrote: »
    He was our best player on Sunday by a million miles, I can see the reckoning of not appealing he got sent off like this 7 months ago so its obvious he didn't learn his lesson, although the ref should of spotted Behrami catching him. But at the end of the day its the club that'll suffer more.
    Matri & Robinho with Birsa in behind will be the choice Wednesday I have no faith in the management team to pick Niang they'd rather pick washed up players instead.

I just don't see the harm in appealing. The club can accept Balotelli was in the wrong, tell him to cop on but also try at getting a 2 game ban instead of 3 games. It was 2 yellows in fairness.

It's infuriating. Even if Saponara was fit, Allegri probably wouldn't pick him. I mean, why was Robinho not starting against Celtic and Napoli?? He wasn't injured so why not start him??

Not only does Matri not add anything, he actually detracts from the team. It's infuriating. You're right about Niang too. Showed well for the ball against Napoli and I'm sure he's improving due to training but he won't be given a chance. He needs to start Wednesday instead of Birsa.

Some quotes from Allegri today in the Gazzetta:

B]Balotelli[/B - “He needs to grow up. His attitude is wrong. AC Milan players are not supposed to react in that way. Mario made a mistake as his actions have penalised the side and the fans. The decision not to appeal against the ban is an easy one to make. The club has sent out a clear message. But we should also defend him: Mario was fouled a lot by Napoli. Perhaps had the fouls been committed against another player all the fouls would have been punished.”

“Mario is 23. He’s no longer a child. He has the potential to be one of the world’s best players, but to become one he needs to show the right sort of attitude and be an example for every youngster to look up to. He has to behave in the right way. I’m sure the incident will help him and that he’ll realise that he’s caused a problem for the entire team.

Is there ‘a cure’? “I believe in his good sense and his ability to understand that this is an important year in his career. I believe I can help him, but he really has to start helping himself. Mario really has to understand that. He can only get better: he has tremendous skill and we’ve only seen 50% of the ability he has.”

B]Napoli[/B - “I don’t want to see the side concede a goal from a set piece again. We need to show more aggression. Other than in the first six minutes of the game against Napoli, we played well. It was no coincidence that the best player on the pitch was Reina. We believed we could get back into the game right down to the final whistle. The games against Verona and Torino were much more of a worry.”

B]Vs. Bologna[/B - “I have to think about whether Birsa or Niang will start and choose between Muntari and Nocerino in midfield.”

They did defend him slightly after all. Kudos to Allegri for that. If that's only Balotelli at 50% of his quality then I'd love to see him at 100% :eek:

3 positives from his press conference being:
    1. He defended Balotelli enough to show support for him which is good.
    2. He is considering starting Niang (but it should be an easy decision to make and he needs to go ahead and do it, words mean nothing if he doesn't back them up.)
    3. He's choosing between Muntari and Nocerino which means Poli is a definite starter alongside De Jong which is good news. I'd have him starting in a full team personally although I think Allegri sees him as more of a Montolivo replacement. He's playing well this year and, as expected, has been by far our best signing.

The article also states "El Shaarawy could be back from injury to face Samp or be ready for the Ajax game, a match that could also see the return of Montolivo and De Sciglio."

• Advertisement

Milan squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola; Abate, Constant, Mexes, Lotti, Zaccardo, Zapata; Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Muntari, Nocerino, Piccinocchi, Poli; Matri, Niang, Robinho.

Jesus its awful isn't it :(

Milan squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola; Abate, Constant, Mexes, Lotti, Zaccardo, Zapata; Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Muntari, Nocerino, Piccinocchi, Poli; Matri, Niang, Robinho.

Jesus its awful isn't it :(

Milan's OFFICIAL XI vs Bologna: Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Constant; Poli, De Jong, Nocerino; Birsa, Matri, Robinho

I wonder how many players have to get injured for Niang to get a game or for Cristante getting a chance

I wonder is Muntari being rested or has he been dropped

I was right about the front 3, wish I wasn't. Niang was the 3rd striker in the squad so 1 more injury and he'll get a chance.
    Game is on Setanta Ireland btw

I was right about the front 3, wish I wasn't. Niang was the 3rd striker in the squad so 1 more injury and he'll get a chance.
    Game is on Setanta Ireland btw

Nice one! and a goal too the very second i turn it on:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Typically ****e.

• Advertisement

WTF is up with every keeper we play against having the game of their ****ing lives?

Matri missed an absolute sitter after a nice tee up from Birsa. Poli with a nice goal but shocking defending for the equalizer. Should've been 2/3 nil up but as usual, we didn't take our chances and they capitalised :rolleyes:

Matri!
    Terrible yet again.

Terrible stuff but to be expected I suppose. Matri out Niang in. Birsa has been better than Matri but of course Matri will probably finish the match

Bring on Niang for the love of god and send Matri to the glue factory if they accept overweight donkeys.

I think its time for Milan to consider a 3 at the back system with two wing backs, because we are constantly being crucified at the back.

Can't see that happening as it would mean dropping a better player further forward like Poli etc. for another average CB

Seaneh wrote: »
    I think its time for Milan to consider a 3 at the back system with two wing backs, because we are constantly being crucified at the back.

Dunno we don't seem to have 1 capable centre half nowdays. We conceed about 2 a game nowdays even against Bologna and H.Verona types. Napoli could of had 3 or 4 easily on Sunday. I recommend.....3-1...I recommend a centre half that isn't cheap or crap.

Joke shop.

oh dear

• Advertisement

Niang for Birsa as predicted, should have started that way :mad:

I actually feel bad for Matri cause I actually think he is decent and have nothing against him but my god I hate to see him playing for us and hope he is gone by January 5th :rolleyes:

I wonder is Galliani still chuckling to himself about how swapping Antonini for Birsa was ingenius :rolleyes:

A flat back 3 would give us way more stability and would allow our two only real wide men, Abate and De Sciglio, the freedom of going forward without having to worry about leaving the two cbs exposed. It would also mean we could play more creative players in midfield and not need a muntari or nocerino in there,with De Jong sitting and poli and monti ahead of him.

It suits the players we have far more then the current system.

I'd rather see Zacardo, Bonera or Silvestre at the back than see birsa or robinho start. Again.

But obviously, I'd just rather we spent money on a decent bloody centre back!

Here comes Muntari, to help us get that goal we need I guess. Matri can't even score when put through in an offside position.

Niang hit that very well...

Too little too ****ing late.

come on!

If we get a win here, we are mugging them.

ha, the ref is giving Milan absolutely everything

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    If we get a win here, we are mugging them.

Even a draw feels like a win after this performance.

ha, the ref is giving Milan absolutely everything

The team putting on all the pressure usually win free kicks.

Should have had 4 goals by half time, another game where we scraped a draw with late goals when we should have had a bag full against **** opposition.

Referee was generous at the end with both the added time and a few free kicks.

Again we wait until there's barely enough time left before we start attacking, I just don't get the mindset. Another 5 mins against Napoli we would have drawn, another 5 mins tonight and we'd have won. Why do we always leave it so late

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/ghana-midfielder-muntari-comes-bench-inspire-milan-behind-serie-stalemate/?

This is the kind of sh**e that does be on the internet! My stream was a bit dodgy but did he contribute in any way to either goal?

Thats the kinda stuff Tony O'Donahue would bring up on the premierpship with an Irish player.
    Didn't see it mentioned elsewhere but Gattuso got sacked at Palermo, with Zamparini he may be put back in charge come February.

• Advertisement

Thats the kinda stuff Tony O'Donahue would bring up on the premierpship with an Irish player.
    Didn't see it mentioned elsewhere but Gattuso got sacked at Palermo, with Zamparini he may be put back in charge come February.

Hahaha .. If he's smart he won't go back, shouldn't have taken it in the first place but then it would be considered a lucrative enough job for a manager starting out. Hope he gets somewhere where he's given a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Pretty standard there. They'll have had another 4-5 managers before the season ends. :cool:

AC Milan squad for the Sampdoria Game: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Abate, Constant, Mexes, Vergara, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Matri, Niang, Robinho.

AC Milan squad for the Sampdoria Game: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Abate, Constant, Mexes, Vergara, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Matri, Niang, Robinho.

Emanuelson as the trequartista perhaps

Emanuelson as the trequartista perhaps

I think Birsa must be blackmailing someone at the club to have not got dropped by now. Would like Niang to start & Cristante to get game time he is not being kept out by any great players thats for sure.

• Advertisement

I think Birsa must be blackmailing someone at the club to have not got dropped by now. Would like Niang to start & Cristante to get game time he is not being kept out by any great players thats for sure.

Haha he is starting again today according to Gazzetta :rolleyes:

Good shout but it'll never happen :mad:

All the possession in the world but nobody with enough imagination to do anything with it.

True, only for the goal forcing them forward, we would have struggled to break them down

Sloppy win but 3 points and a clean sheet is hard to complain about

Hope Niang gets some proper game time this year

Sloppy win but 3 points and a clean sheet is hard to complain about

Hope Niang gets some proper game time this year

Niang was good off the bench but Berlu`s bitch just won`t drop Fatri. The 3 points was good but Samp were very poor going forward. Hope De Sciglio, Montolivo & El Shaarawy are fit for midweek.

http://www.football-italia.net/40022/milan-injury-boost-ajax
    Monty & SES are returning for the Ajax game, Bojan is out for them(thats no loss :pac:).

I`d play Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson, De Jong, Montolivo, Poli, El Shaarawy, Niang & Robinho(I guess). 4-3-3
    Allegri will play Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Constant, De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari, Birsa, El Shaarawy & of course Matri. 4-3-1-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Result was more important last night, badly needed 3 points.

http://www.football-italia.net/40022/milan-injury-boost-ajax
    Monty & SES are returning for the Ajax game, Bojan is out for them(thats no loss :pac:).

I`d play Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson, De Jong, Montolivo, Poli, El Shaarawy, Niang & Robinho(I guess). 4-3-3
    Allegri will play Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Constant, De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari, Birsa, El Shaarawy & of course Matri. 4-3-1-2
    Reports suggest El Shaarawy will start on the bench because he's not 100% fit A recurrence of his injury would be disastrous. He may start though and hopefully he is fit to and does start
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Result was more important last night, badly needed 3 points.

Exactly. I'd take that every week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2437472/Robinho-recklessly-cycles-bike-handed-CHILD-wearing-FLIP-FLOPS.html

Somebody think of the children!
    I hate him but this story is as lazy as the man himself

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia & Coppola.
    Defenders: Abate, Constant, Mexes, Zaccardo & Zapata.
    Midfielders: Birsa, Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino & Poli.
    Forwards: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri & Robinho.

I forgot Balotelli was eligible :) & Niang wasn`t :(.

• Advertisement
Advertisement