Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hopefully Monti and Poli both start and SES is fit enough to start with Robinho and Mario.

4-3-1-2 should be abandoned now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That looks a little better. The lack of defensive cover(or even quality defenders) is disgraceful though and somethat that should have been addressed when Thiago Silva was shipped out

Turns out SES is crocked again;
    Stephan El Shaarawy has been ruled out of Milan’s game against Ajax after picking up an injury in training on Monday.

The Italian had been named in the squad for the Champions League tie after recently returning to action following a muscle strain.

However, the Italian international has reportedly suffered a metatarsal fracture to his left foot. He'll also miss the tie against Juventus at the weekend.

facepalm-646x363.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Broken metatarsal, fück it. The timing is an absolute killer. This would never happen a Matri or Birsa type.

Can't really blame anyone for a broken bone, just dumb luck really. No forward on the bench tomorrow now :-/

Seaneh wrote: »
    No forward on the bench tomorrow now :-/

Robinho will be, I assume he'll play Balotelli & Matri in front of Birsa again. I mean it failed since day 1 why change it?

Allegri: "Matri could be on bench tomorrow vs. Ajax seeing as Balotelli won't be available for Sunday's match vs. Juventus."
    Allegri: "Balotelli and Robinho will fill two of the three roles in the attack against Ajax."
    Allegri: "El Shaarawy will be out for 3-4 weeks."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Given the pretty poor showing from Milan of late, on and off the pitch and the questions over the future of the Berlusconis and how much they're willing to back the team, is there a worry about being able to hold on to the likes of El Shaarawy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Gbear wrote: »
    Given the pretty poor showing from Milan of late, on and off the pitch and the questions over the future of the Berlusconis and how much they're willing to back the team, is there a worry about being able to hold on to the likes of El Shaarawy?

Yes. I'm very worried, although it'd be more likely that he'd be forced out for the money from the transfer than he'd look to leave. The lad bleeds Milan and I honestly think he'd stick with us if we got relegated.

Robinho and Balo should start up top tomorrow, tough game to call. Who knows what condition Monty and DES are in

• Advertisement

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Mexes,
    Zapata, Constant; Muntari, De
    Jong, Birsa; Montolivo; Robinho,
    Balotelli
    Milan bench: Amelia, Zaccardo,
    Poli, Nocerino, Cristante,
    Emanuelson, Matri

Been watching the Napoli game, how have AC been tonight?

Shambles against a rubbish Ajax team

****e.

We've been the best team second half but Ajax were all over us first half.
    1-0 Ajax, goal from a free header, as ****ing usual.

Jaysus. Grim times.

Hard to not feel sorry for Allegri when he simply doesn't have the players available.

Thanks Balotelli, we're a total mess now

• Advertisement

Never a peno, Ajax have been mugged here.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was coming in to say as much. Shocking call by the ref.

Abbiati

---Zacardo--Mexez--Zapata---

Abate
    De Sciglio

De Jong----Monti

Poli

Mario----El Sha

I reckon that is the only way we can make the current group of players play in a way where we aren't crucified from set pieces and counter attacks.
    It allows our best players freedom (monti, SES, Abate, De Sciglio and Mario), gives us more width and keeps us secure at the back.

Basically, we should just copy Juve.

It won't happen though.

We are seriously lacking creatively & never looked like making a chance. I nearly missed our peno as I was letting my dog out to take a leak.
    Dreading the Juve game on Sunday night. He'll go with Robinho and Matri, take our beating & ask why are either are even here now.

Bad game, bad performance, okay result. A draw away in Amsterdam is fine. A loss would've been problematic. Wasn't a penalty but mistakes like that happen all the time, Milan were penalised for a very similar incident against Barca a few years back.

We didn't look confident on the ball at all tonight which is very worrying considering we're only missing 2/3 starters

• Advertisement

We didn't look confident on the ball at all tonight which is very worrying considering we're only missing 2/3 starters

I was thinking De Sciglio & El Shaarawy then ...........lets face it we`ve treated Niang like dirt. For a team playing a formation to suit a trequartista we haven`t got 1 good one. Kaka` & Birsa? No thanks & Saponara is still injured I assume.

A third generation of Maldini started his Milan career today, as Christian – son of Paolo – trained with the senior squad.

The Rossoneri have been home to Cesare Maldini, who as captain lifted the European Cup in 1963, his son Paolo and now also Christian.

Born in 1996, Christian plays as a full-back and took part in his first senior training session with Massimiliano Allegri’s squad today.

He was one of several youth team players who joined in, as the rest of Pippo Inzaghi’s Primavera side were returning from yesterday’s impressive 3-2 UEFA Youth Cup win away to Ajax.

Great to see. Seems we have a good crop of young talent coming through. Beating Ajax in a youth competition like that is not easily done.

There's definitely some hope for Milan, but the lads need to be blooded in well, coached properly and most importantly, AVOID injuries.

The last part seems difficult given its Milan though.

The inuries have been a joke again this year. The training regime needs to be looked at. Pato wasn't slating it out of bitterness of being sold or anything of the like, there is obviously something wrong with the training methods being used.

I wouldn't take too much of what Pato says seriously but we do have injury problems. Hope Pazzini will be back soon, always forget him when SES, DeS and Montolivo was out.

Milan squad for Juventus:
    Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Abate, Constant, Mexes, Zaccardo, Zapata, Emanuelson, De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Saponara, Matri, Niang & Robinho.

I pray Saponara starts #10.

He's a natural trequartista and would add so much to our first team.

Either that or I hope he starts Robinho and Niang out wide.

Has Birsa been injured as well? Unreal if he has.

Agree with Seaneh, has to be one of the two

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Padoin, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Tevez, Quagliarella

Juventus bench: Storari, Rubinho, Ogbonna, De Ceglie, Peluso, Motta, Pogba, Isla, Llorente, Giovinco

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Constant; Nocerino, De Jong, Muntari; Montolivo, Robinho; Matri

Milan bench: Amelia, Gabriel, Zaccardo, Emanuelson, Poli, Mastalli, Saponara, Niang

• Advertisement

Montolivo at #10 is moving our most important midfielder out of his best position, it's idiocy.

Very surprised to see Alessandro Mastalli in the squad, very promising 17 year old but don't think there is any chance of him getting on the field.

Montolivo at #10 is moving our most important midfielder out of his best position, it's idiocy.

Very surprised to see Alessandro Mastalli in the squad, very promising 17 year old but don't think there is any chance of him getting on the field.

Cristante is away with the U19`s I think. So needs must. Our midfield is so far behind theirs its humiliating.

Very defensive lineup which is no surprise. Expecting a low scoring cagey game maybe won by the odd goal 1-0/0-1

Pogba on the bench for them is good for us. Would take a draw and run a mile if it was offered right now

Very defensive lineup which is no surprise. Expecting a low scoring cagey game maybe won by the odd goal 1-0/0-1

Pogba on the bench for them is good for us. Would take a draw and run a mile if it was offered right now

A bit optimistic there :o

:eek: Get in!

Who scored?!

Missed the first 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Who scored?!

Missed the first 5 mins.

muntari, mis hit from robinho fell for sulley , buffon probably should have saved it. juve getting a lot of chances

pirlo free kick 1-1 abbiati not great

**** you Andrea.

Abbiati was horrendous there...

Robinho taking the piss going down like that but Bonucci showing his thuggish side again, should get a ban for that.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    A bit optimistic there :o

:eek: Get in!

Very optimistic :pac:

Honestly think this game is here to be snatched. Keep it tight until 70 mins, introduce some fresh legs - ie. Niang and Saponara hopefully and try to snatch it.

A draw is a great result

Nocerino has been a passenger, time to get him off and bring Saponara on, bring Monti back to centre mid.

Jesus H Christ, I went out the answer the door to my landlord at 63 minutes and it's 1-1, come back 17 minutes later and it's 3-1.

**** this for a game of soldiers.

Was the Mexes foul a red card or did the Ref make a ****up?

Is Mario's ban up or does he have another game after this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Was the Mexes foul a red card or did the Ref make a ****up?

He gave him a yellow for the foul. He must've said something or did something after.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    He gave him a yellow for the foul. He must've said something or did something after.

Was having a pretty good game and all.

Is Mario's ban up or does he have another game after this?
    This was the final game, thank fu<k.
    Robinho taking the piss going down like that but Bonucci showing his thuggish side again, should get a ban for that.

Wish he blasted him with it tbh, did anyone else see when he`d his hands on his hips instead of tracking back, what a useless cúnt he is. Matri is as bad i`d rather we bring back Ganz & Tomasson then see them two again.

I'd rather Ganz 2.0!

I'd have Luther Blissett or Javi Moreno back at this point!

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd have Luther Blissett or Javi Moreno back at this point!

You reminded me of Jose Mari

• Advertisement
Advertisement