Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

GTR63 wrote: »
    You reminded me of Jose Mari

And I haven't even mentioned Digao :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Rami being linked with January, can't say i'm that impressed. Wasn't he dropped for running his mouth & rotten performances?

http://www.football-italia.net/40380/rami-agrees-join-milan-report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Underwhelming as usual but at least they recognise that a CB is a priority, they're only about 2 years too late though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Rami, on form, is a very, very good player.
    Hopefully he comes straight away and spends the next 3 months integrating and getting fit so he can slot straight in.

Yeah, he'll be an improvement, but why must we constantly go for other team's scraps :o

Yeah, he'll be an improvement, but why must we constantly go for other team's scraps :o

Because the club would never say we need a top player lets buy one its more searching to see who's contract expires soon, works for Montolivo but not for crap like Flamini or Onyewu. Look at the amount of plain utter crap we signed for "bargains" the last 5 years. I was thinking during the celtic game that our second string team from 10 years ago was probably better than our starting XI now.

Oh, please let it be true!

Football-Italia
    Milan are targeting Real Madrid’s Iker Casillas, but face competition from Arsenal and Manchester City.

It is widely believed this will be Christian Abbiati’s final campaign as first choice for the Rossoneri, so plans are taking shape for the future.

Initially it had been suggested their favourite was Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, but reports suggest the Borussia Monchengladbach shot-stopper is closer to Barcelona.

Milan therefore turned their focus on to Casillas, who continues his battle of wills at Real Madrid and has shown appreciation for the San Siro option.

However, Manchester City and Arsenal are also thought to be keeping an eye on the Spain international’s situation.

There are too concerns that at 32 Casillas is perhaps too old to be making this move, so the Rossoneri should look for a younger alternative.

If he can stay fit he could easily play to 38 or 39 at the top level.
    Would be a great signing for any team.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Oh, please let it be true!

Football-Italia

If he can stay fit he could easily play to 38 or 39 at the top level.
    Would be a great signing for any team.

I wouldn`t get my hopes up too much. In a money fight we lose to both in wages & transfer offers. Both of them need a keeper aswell.

Balotelli is suffering from gastroenteritis but is staying with the national team. He better be fit for Udinese!

Kaká should also be fit for Udinese

http://www.football-italia.net/40559/allegri-unacceptable-milan

Got beat 3-0 in a friendly vs Caen. So bad even Allegri was pissed off.

• Advertisement

Missed the game but saw highlights, Gabriel with a few nice saves and Saponara looked promising. Slim pickings after that

Missed the game but saw highlights, Gabriel with a few nice saves and Saponara looked promising. Slim pickings after that

Gabriel was Forde to Caen's Germany was the way it was described to me.

Rapidly reaching 2000-2001 levels of grimness for Milan. Sad, dark times for a great club.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Rapidly reaching 2000-2001 levels of grimness for Milan. Sad, dark times for a great club.

Minus the impending Transfer splurge.

I reckon a few players will be added in Janurary, already have Honda and Rami coming in, who will both be upgrades.

Apparently we will be going 4-2-3-1 as well.

Abate -- Mexes -- Rami -- De Sciglio

De Jong -- Monti

El Sha
    Kaka
    Honda

Mario

That formnation gives a better shape, natural width, the dual axis centre mid covers the defence better and with the players we have on the bech we'd be a lot better covered in every position, any of the 3 attacking midfielders can be swapped out for Mario, Niang, Robinho, Saponara or (puke) Birsa, Any of Niang, Matri, Mario or Pazzo cna play as centre forward, etc.

It's a much better system for our current squad tbh.

I reckon a few players will be added in Janurary, already have Honda and Rami coming in, who will both be upgrades.

De Jong -- Monti

El Sha
    Kaka
    Honda

Mario

Honestly I wouldn`t have him in the Milan team.

Honestly I wouldn`t have him in the Milan team.

tumblr_ll2linac0x1qb3p1co1_500.gif

De Jong -- Monti

Honda
    Kaka
    El Sha

Mario

That formnation gives a better shape, natural width, the dual axis centre mid covers the defence better and with the players we have on the bech we'd be a lot better covered in every position, any of the 3 attacking midfielders can be swapped out for Mario, Niang, Robinho, Saponara or (puke) Birsa, Any of Niang, Matri, Mario or Pazzo cna play as centre forward, etc.

I'll take it you meant SES on the left, much better formation than 4-3-1-2 and I've been saying it for months.

The only upside to our woes is that the management seem to finally accept that there's something wrong.

I'll take it you meant SES on the left, much better formation than 4-3-1-2 and I've been saying it for months.

The only upside to our woes is that the management seem to finally accept that there's something wrong.

SES can play on either wing just as well, but I guess with them switching sides it gives them both the ability to cut onto their good feet.

• Advertisement

Balotelli is meant to be out of the Udinese game & a doubt for the Barca game.

Saw that earlier, things go from worse to even worse

Saw that earlier, things go from worse to even worse

We have Barca at the San Siro next week & even without Messi we`d hardly take them we`re just the absolute drizzling shíts at the back now.

With A full strength team I think we could take them at the San Siro without Messi but without the 2 lads up front we lack the firepower to make up for our shambles of a defence :o

With A full strength team I think we could take them at the San Siro without Messi but without the 2 lads up front we lack the firepower to make up for our shambles of a defence :o

Aren`t we conceeding like 2 a game in Serie A, something awful like that. I dread that we`ll play 4-3-1-2 with Matri & Kaka`. Read that the primavera team beat the seniors in training too :pac: :pac: :pac:

Milan squad for Udinese: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Abate, Constant, Silvestre, Vergara, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Saponara, Matri, Niang & Robinho.

Expect to see the 4-3-1-2 again with the speedless trio of Kaka, Robinho & Fatri.

gagging.gif

• Advertisement

Birsa took his goal well but jaysus this is a poor watch. When did we become so bad to watch?

Turned it off after 30 mins, awful, awful rubbish. Sounds like it's not gotten any better.

At least we won.....mot bothering with the analysis no Mina Rzouki in the studio either :o

Glad to see the young lad get a start in goal and a clean sheet.

Glad to see the young lad get a start in goal and a clean sheet.

Didn`t get overworked but did well to tip Toto`s free onto the bar.

Here is a video of himself & Allegri.

Bit bored so was reading through Boban quotes:

Boban: "Milan did well vs. Udinese, but it wasn't a great performance. Milan don't have the technical abilities to play great matches."
    Boban: "Montolivo was definitely the best player vs. Udinese tonight. I also liked Poli's performance."
    Boban: "Niang has great potential, but he lacks composure. He always looks like he's in a hurry even when making a simple pass."
    Boban: "The amazing Kakà that won titles with Milan is gone. He is at least 3 times worse than he was when he left Milan."

He`s right about Niang he needs to relax which isn`t easy with the jeers he was getting.

• Advertisement

Milan squad for Barcelona: Amelia, Coppola, Andrenacci (N.60), Abate, Constant, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, De Jong, Emanuelson, Kakà, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Balotelli, Matri, Robinho.

Please let Mario be fit I haven`t seen the other two link together once well.

Rumours that Balotelli won't start which better not be true :mad:

There's also talk that we'll play 4-3-3 which is definitely the right decision but I wonder who will make up the 3 alongside Robinho who will definitely start.

Balotelli down the middle obviously if he is fit but what about the left? Birsa may be given a chance but in reality it should be Robinho on the left with Niang down the right flank

Milan XI (vs Barcelona): Amelia; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Birsa; Robinho, Kakà
    Barca XI (vs Milan) : Valdes - Alves Pique Mascherano Adriano - Xavi Busquets Iniesta - Alexis Messi Neymar

They have a near full team (bar alba/does fabregas start?) and we have a half fit Kaká as our striker flanked by Valter Birsa and Robinho :eek: :rolleyes:

No Andrea Poli either despite the fact Allegri said Muntari was "very tired" after the Udinese game. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Balotelli on the bench and Messi starts for Barca.

Niang down the right flank
    He`s not eligible. Cause the muppet who turned in our CL squad fúcked it up.
    They have a near full team (bar alba/does fabregas start?) and we have a half fit Kaká as our striker flanked by Valter Birsa and Robinho :eek: :rolleyes:
    No Andrea Poli either despite the fact Allegri said Muntari was "very tired" after the Udinese game. :mad:

No Matri though

tumblr_m2uo2eORou1r4qo34.gif

Totally forgot Niang wasn't eligible until I saw the bench there!

This could be a really painful game to watch :o

This could be a really painful game to watch :o

Behind the couch stuff, really don`t think people realise how bad we are at the minute. That Udinese game was absolutely terrible & that performance vs Celtic was humiliating, even with a win.

0-0 at HT would have to be considered very good.

I think Allegri used the first half against Ajax to prepare for tonight. Can see us dropping way off in the first half and allowing them the ball, trying to keep it 0-0 and then hoping Balotelli can provide a spark when he comes on. Good tactics in theory but we don't have the defence for it or the supporting players in attack in the 2nd half either

We'd be better off leaving Zapata on the bench and playing with ten :mad:

Dropped off too much after we took the lead and looked waaaay too laxy-daisy on the ball in our own half

Kaká has been brilliant! :eek: Robinho has been very good too.

Hoping to see Balotelli on for Birsa very soon but I get the feeling Kaká will make way as well which would leave us with a different attacking set up.

Montolivo has looked sluggish and I thought Zapata made several bad mistakes regarding positioning and making silly passes instead of just lumping it forward like he should when there's a man on.

Also, Constant pushes very far forward when we have the ball at the back, presumably to give us an unmarked option for switching flanks, but if we lose the ball inside our own half it leaves so much space open and that's exactly what happened for their goal.

Hoping to see us get more corners, Mexes should have scored from our 2nd one and they look clueless defending them

Missed the entire first half panickly clearing my loft in an hour long job I thought would take 10 minutes. Jesus I cringe listening to the La Liga boys on commentary. Zapata has been MOTM according to them Oh Smithwicks! :o

• Advertisement

Not the worst result, Barcelona weren`t very good at all considering the state we`re in at present. Must of been due to them falling over the whole time.

I laughed when I heard that! The amount of times they praised Zapata for a tackle that Constant made was a joke! :pac:

Zapata improved greatly in the 2nd half to be fair but he had to many small, silly errors that will (and did) cost a goal in the CL

Very good result considering Celtic won and we have to play them away but funnily I'm left feeling we could have won it :o

That Mexes header, Robinho getting clean through and missing the ball :eek: and Muntari getting tangled up when he could have played Balotelli clean through were all great chances. That being said, they could have had another few as well!

Don't fancy that Barca side to win the CL at all! Very average performance tonight against a weakened Milan team.

Zapata had the best game I've seen him have in a Milan Jersey, he was first to everything and made some extremely important blocks.

He wasn't at fault for the first goal either, Constant and (to a lesser extent) Mexes were.

Also think Kaka was immense last night, his work rate was ridiculous.

Must of been due to them falling over the whole time.

I think they need to send some of their players to see an ENT, from watching their games I'm starting to think they might have some sort of middle ear problems, their balance seems to be really effected by it, constantly falling for no reason, worrying stuff really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Immense performance, looked ridiculously solid as makeshift left back in the first half.

Zapata had the best game I've seen him have in a Milan Jersey, he was first to everything and made some extremely important blocks.

He wasn't at fault for the first goal either, Constant and (to a lesser extent) Mexes were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJH_HLZ03T8

Someone else said the same thing to me today! Skip to 1:22 and tell me how Zapata wasn't at fault for that goal? :eek:

He thought he was David Luiz and tried to walk the ball out of the defence when he should have played a simple pass forward, he then ran into trouble and played a terrible pass which led to the goal.

To be fair to Constant, I'm sure he was told to attack when possible and although he went very far forward, there was absolutely no danger with us having the ball in defence and not being challenged.

The commentators on Sky also praised Zapata on 3 different occasions for something Constant had done at LB which is ridiculous seeing as Zapata is Right Centre Back.

Overall I thought he played well though, as did the whole defence, and looking back I was quite harsh on him at HT but he was most definitely at fault for the goal!

Muntari played well, fantastic stamina. Thought Amelia looked solid as well! Montolivo is yet to find form, De Jong was reliable as usual, Birsa was non-existent and Robinho and Kaká in particular were very good

BTW - Honda is playing atm against City for anyone interested

Barbara Berlusconi: "My father is satisfied because some of the tactical indications he gave to Allegri were followed in the Barça match." :rolleyes:

At least she is pretty.

Milan squad for Parma:
    Amelia, Coppola, Gabriel, Abate, Constant, De Sciglio, Silvestre, Vergara, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Saponara, Balotelli, Matri, Niang & Robinho.
    DeSciglio back which is great news. Doubt he'll start him but great all the same. The game is on ESPN tomorrow at 2 (remember the clocks go back tonite).

• Advertisement

Well this has been terrible, 2-0 down and can't remember us working Mirante once.

Advertisement