Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The sky commentators are going to make me sick.

Another ****ing header from a freekick.

****ing typical ****e from Milan.

And it was offside.

So that's a dive which won a penalty an offside goal from a freekick.

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Seaneh wrote: »
    The sky commentators are going to make me sick.

Shouldn't Gerry Armstrong of retired by now.
    When Barca score from a set piece against you thats when everyone knows how **** you are. Sky are acting like this is a Milan team that is even average.

"AC Milan have a lot of big name players".

Er, what?

We have, er, Kaka, and that's it on the pitch tonight.

Thank Christ for Ricky.

Pique making another clanger.
    How anyone rates him as one of the best in the world is beyond me.

"AC Milan have a lot of big name players".

Er, what?

We have, er, Kaka, and that's it on the pitch tonight.

Maybe he is reading a book on the history of Milan.
    Thanks Pique for your consistent awfulness.

Mario.

This is your chance.

Do something ****ing special!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Neymar.gif

999591_721088134586742_90806063_n.jpg

God I hope Milan destroy them now

Is Rami cup-tied for Europe?

I know Honda will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Barca getting dodgy decisions???

What sorcery is this? :pac:

Is Rami cup-tied for Europe?

I know Honda will be.

Honestly does it matter?
    If we make the last 16 we won't make the Quarters in our current state. Honda and Rami aren't exactly Pirlo and Nesta that can make the difference in europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Neymar.gif

999591_721088134586742_90806063_n.jpg

God I hope Milan destroy them now

This is why I hope Barca don't win it out, it's not because they're very good. It's because they get decision like this all the time and nobody ever says anything about it.

It's an absolute disgrace that the commentators praised Neymar heavily for winning that penalty and then for the second goal one commentator says "Oh i dunno, I think he was offside there and the defender knew that and that's why he didn't go for it" and the other responds "Yeah but if he didn't score it, someone else would have"

The bias towards Barca is laughable. They're not strong enough to win it anyway imo. Bayern will pick them apart again as they continue to think Pique is the best defender the world has ever seen.

Also, How in the name of f**k did Mascherano not get booked tonight after 3 yellow card fouls?!?? :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

How did Milan actually play then?

Cienciano wrote: »

You can argue that he has a fistful of Balotelli's jersey there which nobody can deny so there is a foul but I'll agree and say no penalty. However, you're kinda proving my point as there was uproar about that and even video uploads of the incident on youtube and the commentators raving on about it etc.

There won't be a word about Barca's penalty. In fact, it was "tremendous play" from Barcelona and Neymar showed "great pace and intelligence".

That's why people dislike Barca. The commentators were disgraceful tonight, their own manager would have been less biased in the commentary box.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    How did Milan actually play then?

Turtle shell in the first half without the ability/courage to push on and threaten and succeeded in keeping things tight until the penalty. The 2nd goal was also well offside but Kaká did well to force a mistake out of Pique just before HT.

The introduction of Balotelli had a great effect as the rest of the team started to push on and believe. Had a few half-chances and last ditch interceptions from Barca but it was the same at the other end. Barca definitely deserved to win but I was happy enough with the overall Milan performance given the team that started and the fact it was away vs Barca.

Also have to remember Milan were missing the front 2 and Barca had everyone. Give Milan Balotelli and El Shaarawy from the start and take Messi and Neymar from Barca and it's a different game.

I don't think Barca are good enough to win the CL.

I doubt Mario would of played as well had he started. Pity we aren't in a good spot at the minute looking at Real and Barca I feel a bit cold turkey about them for all the money they spend in comparison to us(and we sell our best players too) they just don't impress me all that much.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I doubt Mario would of played as well had he started. Pity we aren't in a good spot at the minute looking at Real and Barca I feel a bit cold turkey about them for all the money they spend in comparison to us(and we sell our best players too) they just don't impress me all that much.

Same. Would much rather see the likes of Dortmund/Napoli/Arsenal do well than Madrid/Barca/City/Chelsea/Monaco/PSG

Same. Would much rather see the likes of Dortmund/Napoli/Arsenal do well than Madrid/Barca/City/Chelsea/Monaco/PSG

I can't quite put my finger on it but looking at City, Real and Chelsea they only really look like genuine quality when playing garbage like Fulham, Norwich and Sevilla. Real got outplayed by Juve for long stretches and City got crushed so easily by Bayern it was funny.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    I can't quite put my finger on it but looking at City, Real and Chelsea they only really look like genuine quality when playing garbage like Fulham, Norwich and Sevilla. Real got outplayed by Juve for long stretches and City got crushed so easily by Bayern it was funny.

Well the Spanish league is that weak Madrid could win most games with 10 players and City are very hit-and-miss. Both teams have a laughable recruitment policy (as do Milan) as well.

Nobody in their right mind can defend spending 80 odd million on Gareth Bale or selling Nigel De Jong (MOTM tonight and easily our best player this season) for £3m and then replacing him with the inferior Fernandinho for £30m. It's just a joke really.

Seeing us bring on Birsa and then them bringing on Fabregas was a real ffs moment. With the exception of the anonymous Robinho that starting XI must of cost sweet fuçk all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Also have to remember Milan were missing the front 2 and Barca had everyone. Give Milan Balotelli and El Shaarawy from the start and take Messi and Neymar from Barca and it's a different game.

Huh?

Of course - give any team their best players and take away the other teams best player and most in form player and there's not much between them...

dfx- wrote: »
    Huh?

Of course - give any team their best players and take away the other teams best player and most in form player and there's not much between them...

That's what I meant but I phrased it badly :pac:

There was no talk of Milan missing the front 2 at all, the only thing said was that they looked poor etc. , whereas had Barca been missing Messi and Neymar it would have been said 20 odd times.

Then again I wouldn't expect Sky's dimwitted commentators to know who El Shaarawy was let alone why he wasn't playing.

In the warmup the camera showed Zapata and they thought it was Muntari :eek:

Then again I wouldn't expect Sky's dimwitted commentators to know who El Shaarawy was let alone why he wasn't playing.

In the warmup the camera showed Zapata and they thought it was Muntari :eek:

I was nearly laughing when they were saying it was a star filled Milan side, we're what 11th in Serie A with like no away wins in any competition this season.
    They come across like pure fanboys, not that BT(this guy used to play for Club X In the Premier League, really who cares) are much better. I do like when they use the guys like Dave Farrar who follows the fecking thing.

Gattuso on Berlusconi:
    "I wouldn't even let him manage a kids team. Milan needs investors with money."

• Advertisement

Milan, Inter and Napoli are interested in Gremio's 20-year old left back Alex Telles (acc. to his agent). His buy-out clause is €5m.
    Barbara Berlusconi wants to get rid of Raiola players: Abate, Balotelli, Niang and Robinho.
    Barbara Berlusconi has decided who she wants to become a part of the new management:
    Maldini, Albertini, Pradé, Fenucci and Uva.
    Galliani could meet with Silvio Berlusconi tomorrow in the president's villa in Arcore (Galliani wants to talk about his future at Milan).
    Nicolas Burdisso could join Milan. His contract expires next summer, and he currently earns €2.2m per season at Roma.
    [CdS]

Milan squad for Chievo game (tomorrow on BT Sports 1 at 1:30)

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel

Defenders: Abate, Bonera, Constant, Mexes, Zaccardo, Zapata

Midfielders: Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kakà, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli

Forwards: Matri, Niang, Robinho

Although Adriano Galliani met with President Silvio Berlusconi today, it’s still reported he’ll leave at the end of the season.

The Vice-President, general manager and all round right-hand man to Berlusconi was put under the spotlight this week.

Berlusconi’s daughter Barbara, who is a member of the board of directors and expected to take over in time, blamed Galliani for the recent poor results.

Galliani had a two-hour crisis meeting with Silvio Berlusconi today and emerged smiling, telling journalists he was going nowhere.

However, Sky Sport Italia still maintain this evening that the plan is for Galliani to leave Milan at the end of the season.

“Silvio Berlusconi will be my President for life,” declared Galliani.

“He is the best in the world and there is no truth in these rumours about PSG or any other club. If I stay in football, then it will only be at Milan. We've been working together for 34 years.”

Technically, these comments do not rule out a departure at the end of the season, merely stating Galliani won’t join another football club after the Rossoneri.

Chievo: Puggioni; Frey, Dainelli, Cesar; Sardo, Radovanovic, L.Rigoni, Pamic, Estigarribia; Paloschi, Pellissier

Milan XI: Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Emanuelson; Poli, Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Kaka; Matri

Milan bench: Amelia, Gabriel, Bonera, Zaccardo, Cristante, Constant, Birsa, Niang, Robinho

Pretty **** first half.

• Advertisement

Second half was a total mess again, Allegri was furious at the end. Robinho should of buried that chance but Paloschi was onside for his disallowed goal, Montolivo will miss 2 games aswell iirc. He was already missing one game for the first yellow(accumulation of cards). Only De Jong is playing well for us at the minute.

BYuU2IMCIAA8Pn6.jpg:large

Nice goal by Abate tonite.

Semi ACM related but the San Siro will host the 2016 Champions League final, wonder will we even be in it come then. :(
    http://www.football-italia.net/41793/san-siro-gets-champions-league-final

We have a friendly in Switzerland tomorrow afternoon against Young Boys, squad for the game is:
    Milan squad for Young Boys: Coppola, Gabriel; Bonera, Constant, Mexes, Pedone, Rami, Rondanini, Vergara, Zaccardo; Aniekan, Cristante, Emanuelson, Kaka, Modic, Saponara; Matri, Niang, Barisic, Claveria, Di Molfetta.
    No DeSciglio or El Shaarawy again :(

Hoping Rondanini, Cristante, Saponara, Niang and a few others can impress.

I think not including SES or De Sciglio is a good idea, no point in rushing them back when we won't be playing again for over a week, gives them more time with the medical team and more time to get right.

Great to see Abate scoring, he rarely gets a goal (even in FIFA!) :D ... Agree with Seaneh, head Pato's words and leave the lads until they are ready........ Can't wait to see EL92 back

Milan won 3-1 Kaka, Saponara and Cristante with the goals, i`d put up highlights but the ones on youtube are of terrible quality at the minute.

Not great wuality but not the worst either.

Kaka missed a penalty but nodded in the rebound, Saopnara showed a good turn of pace and burned the defence before curling one into the far corner past the keeper and the Cristante smashed in from anout 16 yards after some good passing around the edge of the box.

Robinho got the winner for Brazil last nite

berlusconi-b490ai.jpg

Just saw some of the pictures from the Milan Foundation annual fund raiser in Milan tonight. Pictures of Paolo and Franco together having a laugh.

This is a magic picture.

So many legends.

1452142_537770436313784_1839723623_n.jpg

The Rossoneri are still without the likes of Giampaolo Pazzini, Stephan El Shaarawy, Mattia De Sciglio, Marco Amelia, Antonio Nocerino and Cristian Zaccardo. Riccardo Montolivo is suspended.

Squad: Abbiati, Coppola, Gabriel; Abate, Bonera, Constant, Mexes, Silvestre, Zapata; Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kaka, Muntari, Poli, Saponara; Balotelli, Matri, Niang, Robinho.

Game is on BT Sports 2 tomorrow at 7:45. Lets also hope Mina Rzouki will be doing it aswell :o

Was sure SES was back for this game :o ... Hopefully he is being left out as a precaution.

He had better be back fit for Celtic on Tuesday! :mad:

• Advertisement

Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Emanuelson; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Kaka, Matri, Balotelli

Would have preferred Kaká and Saponara behind Matri and maybe give Cristante a chance seeing as Montolivo is out.

Also, why not play Robinho who is coming off a good international break?

Optimistic about this and I think we'll win. Balotelii to get a goal as well! :cool:

Thought Poli did well in the first half, Kaka` was good and De Jong did his job well but jesus what else can you say was even adequate.

BZyZRRWCEAA29L7.jpg:large

Curva Sud: "Let's meet by the exit you unworthy lot"

BZyj5VDCMAAisGJ.jpg:large

Couldn`t leave this one out. (Curva: "From the golden years of the great Milan to the years of Zapata & Constant")

BZyIYv9CMAAnd6N.jpg:large

Fans kept them there after the game and spoke with Kaká and Abbiati.

Anyone know if SES is back for Tuesday??

Fans kept them there after the game and spoke with Kaká and Abbiati.

Anyone know if SES is back for Tuesday??

They were aiming for the Catania game for he & DeSciglio. Lets hope Barca do the business vs Ajax & Celtic cause I reckon we`re getting beaten midweek

Milan Squad for Celtic: Abbiati, Coppola, Ferrari; Abate, Bonera, Constant, Silvestre, Zapata; Birsa, Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Kaka, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli; Balotelli, Matri, Robinho.

The press seem convinced that if we lose Allegri will be sacked, best say our goodbyes then.

"Let's not always talk about this Balotelli. He has not done anything in his life except for sitting on the bench in the clubs that he has been at.

He will always be smaller than Milan, and Milan will always be bigger than him. His lazy attitude proves that he can't understand things.

He doesn't understand what it means to wear the Milan shirt. He should learn from Kakà, who has won the Champions League, the World Cup and a Balon d'Or.

Kakà is definitely richer than Balotelli, and yet he still runs a lot and works hard.

Balotelli would have carried the bags of Van Basten, Weah and Shevchenko if he had been at Milan during my time."

"Balotelli arrived late for training two days in a row? Had it happened during my time at Milan then he would have been slapped by people like Maldini, Desailly, Rossi, Costacurta and Baresi."

* while having a killer beard

5ae53840-61eb-439b-b824-f5a3a6164514.png

XI Milan | Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Bonera, Emanuelson; De Jong, Montolivo, Poli, Birsa, Káka; Balotelli.

Tough night ahead.

I think we wil be lucky to get a draw.

That said, even with the injuries we have, that 11 should easily be beating a team as bad as Celtic.

Would take a draw myself. I don't think Celtic at Parkhead when they need to win is an easy game though.

• Advertisement

Would take a draw myself. I don't think Celtic at Parkhead when they need to win is an easy game though.

It's purely psychological though. 1 - 11, Celtic aren't a very good team, at all.

Advertisement