Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Seaneh wrote: »
    It's purely psychological though. 1 - 11, Celtic aren't a very good team, at all.

Bar 3 or 4 players, AC Milan arnt a very good team at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

It's purely psychological though. 1 - 11, Celtic aren't a very good team, at all.

True but mentality has so much influence in things. Look at us for example, we have the players to do well enough domestically and in Europe if they all performa near their best but team spirit is just so low it's hard to envisage winning a game

Confident of a draw tonight and would be happy with one. Also, they're not as bad as you seem to think!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bar 3 or 4 players, AC Milan arnt a very good team at all

Most of Milan's first 11, with the exception of Abbiati (Foster is better) and Maybe Emanuelson, would walk onto the Celtic first team.

Milan aren't a good team at all, but individually their players are of a much higher standard than celtic.

And a fully fit Milan team (Mexes, De Sciglio and El Shaarawy for Bonera, Emanuelson and Birsa) is better, by a mile, than Celtic in every position except for the keeper.

Are UTV or TV3 showing the match?

Most of Milan's first 11, with the exception of Abbiati (Foster is better) and Maybe Emanuelson, would walk onto the Celtic first team.

Milan aren't a good team at all, but individually their players are of a much higher standard than celtic.

And a fully fit Milan team (Mexes, De Sciglio and El Shaarawy for Bonera, Emanuelson and Birsa) is better, by a mile, than Celtic in every position except for the keeper.

Won't argue there but being good individually means little in a team game. There's so much that influences things and morale/team spirit, team chemistry and the need to win are all factors which Celtic have an advantage over us with tonight.

That being said, I'm confident for some reason! I guess we're due a huge game really. :)

• Advertisement

Are UTV or TV3 showing the match?

TV3 are and so are SS4

Won't argue there but being good individually means little in a team game. There's so much that influences things and morale/team spirit, team chemistry and the need to win are all factors which Celtic have an advantage over us with tonight.

That being said, I'm confident for some reason! I guess we're due a huge game really. :)

Of the players that are in the match day squad I'd have pretty muched picked the same XI, except for one position. I'd have Robinho in for Birsa, I think he's have a field day out wide against their LB, who is a bit sluggish off the line.

Of the players that are in the match day squad I'd have pretty muched picked the same XI, except for one position. I'd have Robinho in for Birsa, I think he's have a field day out wide against their LB, who is a bit sluggish off the line.

Exact same as myself. Robinho in for Birsa although I suppose it's good to have something off the bench.

Saponara still can't get a look in :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Vital win that last nite, not just for our future in the competition but for morale. Celtic made it easy but we have done the same for most of our opponents too. Hope to see him bring in Cristante & Saponara though Birsa was total muck last nite, he broke down more of our attacking moves than Celtic managed. The amount of effort Kaka puts in working for the team is tremendous then when Robinho is on the pitch.....what a waster tbh

The Milan duo of Stephan El Shaarawy and Giampaolo Pazzini trained with the rest of the squad today following their injury problems. El Shaarawy has only featured in four games this term because of a number of fitness setbacks, while Pazzini has yet to appear following summer surgery. The Diavolo resumed training at Milanello today after Tuesday’s 3-0 win in the Champions League at Celtic. El Shaarawy took part in the whole session with his colleagues, while Pazzini was omitted from ball work. Milan will play bottom of the table Catania in Sicily on Sunday at 11.30 am

Just came in here to post about Pazzo and SES.

Great news, hopefully it won't be long until they are back in the team.

• Advertisement

One more week should be enough for SES. What a difference he will make

It's oficial, Galliani is out :eek:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11863/9048335?

Apparently he's entitled to around €50m but he'll just resign if they can't come to an agreement on his severance package. A true Milan legend and whatever mistakes he made, he always had the club's best interests at heart. After almost 28 years it really is the end of an era.

I actually think this is a terrible thing for Milan, himself and Max have been given nothing to work with for the last few years so unless the next GM/CEO is given proper backing and funds to deliver, we are screwed.

I actually think this is a terrible thing for Milan, himself and Max have been given nothing to work with for the last few years so unless the next GM/CEO is given proper backing and funds to deliver, we are screwed.

So so true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yup, doesn't matter who's there if they aren't backed.

I feel sorry for him and Allegri, really. They aren't above blame entirely of course but i'd be pointing the finger elsewhere.

It's oficial, Galliani is out :eek:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11863/9048335?

Apparently he's entitled to around €50m but he'll just resign if they can't come to an agreement on his severance package. A true Milan legend and whatever mistakes he made, he always had the club's best interests at heart. After almost 28 years it really is the end of an era.

:eek:
    Silvio Berlusconi: "This is not good for Milan's image. Galliani could have come to me for a clarification without raising controversy." F**k off Silvio we weren`t born yesterday. Cesare Maldini has confirmed to Al Jazeera that Paolo Maldini will return to Milan & there was already an agreement with him

Paolo I am happy with, good choice of replacement.

Hope he gets the money he needs though.

Paolo I am happy with, good choice of replacement.

Hope he gets the money he needs though.

Oh he won`t but I doubt he`ll be as Bullshity in public about our funds Galliani was

Milan squad for Catania: Coppola, Gabriel, Ferrari; Bonera, Constant, Silvestre, Vergara; Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kaka', Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli, Saponara; Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri, Niang.

Game is on BT Sports 2 tomorrow at 11.30 am

Silvio Berlusconi: Galliani will stay in his place. Serenity and a unity of intent has returned to Milan

I am even more more confused

Galliani: I quit

Berlusoci: Bitch please, I own you, get back to your office.

Galliani: Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again sir.

• Advertisement

Galliani: I quit

Berlusoci: Bitch please, I own you, get back to your office.

Galliani: Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again sir.

Barbara: No daddy!
    (slams door & goes back to the only thing she succeeds at, looking pretty)

Barbara-Berlusconi-AC-Milan.jpg

Barbara: No Daddy, I want Paolo, he has hair!!!

Great to see El Shaarawy back. Doesn't matter how badly he plays :D

The Galliani situation is a mess, I'd be fairly sure he is going though and that Berlusconi is just trying to calm any controversy surrounding his exit

Silvio Berlusconi: "We have reached an agreement about how to organize the club: there will be two CEO's: Galliani and Barbara Berlusconi."
    Silvio Berlusconi: "Galliani will deal with the sporting sector, while Barbara Berlusconi will manage the other sectors."

This is like a god damn wrestling storyline.

I really hope the Mattia Perin rumors are true.

He's already an excellent 'keeper and I reckon he's going to be one of the best.

I really hope the Mattia Perin rumors are true.

He's already an excellent 'keeper and I reckon he's going to be one of the best.

Well he is owned by Genoa(who we have a great relationship with), he`s not perfect but is a real good shot stopper. Great double save tonight from Cerci & Immobile shots

He was amazing tonight, for the whole match.
    I really think he's Buffon's heir for Italy.

Perin is good friends with El Shaarawy.

Interview from a year ago,

“I told Stephan that he wouldn’t score against me,” the Genoa-owned custodian, who is on loan at Pescara, said after the 4-1 loss at San Siro.

“I’m happy for him that he did, but not for myself on a personal level.

“I have a great friendship with Stephan and we talk to each other quite regularly. At the age of 20 he is already the Serie A top scorer. I’d definitely like to play alongside him in the future.

He was amazing tonight, for the whole match.
    I really think he's Buffon's heir for Italy.

Was shocked he wasn`t in goal at the U21 Euros after he caught my eye last year against Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi where Pescara got a remarkable 2-0 win

• Advertisement

Perin is good friends with El Shaarawy.

I’d definitely like to play alongside him in the future.

Babs will try sell him to Genoa so ;)

918e6e66637aa6ea2cb8edf63a9304a7.jpg

Very good win after going bEhind early.

Montolivo with a very good game, Balotelli playing well too and slotting home a nice free. Kaká continues his excellent form and caps things off with another fine goal. Great to see SES back as well although the defence remains an issue.

Great week on the pitch overall.

Yeah, thought we played very well even if we left the defence exposed at times and could have conceded another a few times.

Monti, Kaka, Gabriel and Mario all played very well.

SES looked very lively after coming on and hopefully we build him back up slowly and he's fit to terrorise Ajax on Wednesday week!

Balotelli has accused Spolli of racially abusing him during the game

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/12/01/balotelli-accuses-catania-player-of-racist-abuse/?

Not the most reliable source (the website I mean) but I'd well believe it as Balotelli lost it with him several times during a game where Mario looked very calm and relaxed throughout and not his usual frustrated self.

Innocent until proven guilty but Balotelli takes racism so seriously I very much doubt he'd make something like that up. Scumbag act if true and a 10 game ban would be well-deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Balotelli has accused Spolli of racially abusing him during the game

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/12/01/balotelli-accuses-catania-player-of-racist-abuse/?

Not the most reliable source (the website I mean) but I'd well believe it as Balotelli lost it with him several times during a game where Mario looked very calm and relaxed throughout and not his usual frustrated self.

Innocent until proven guilty but Balotelli takes racism so seriously I very much doubt he'd make something like that up. Scumbag act if true and a 10 game ban would be well-deserved.

I was wondering why was getting so angry. He's dropped the whining (for the most part) since he joined milan.

I kinda wondered was he saying something really offensive cos Balo reacted angrily. Considering he had a good game and got a goal, I doubt it was frustration that pushed him over the edge

The Catania coach says there was a "misunderstanding"

A racist Argentinian? Well I never!

• Advertisement

Lineups for the match at 5.
    Not exactly delighted...

Livorno: Bardi; Coda, Emerson, Ceccherini; Schiattarella, Biagianti, Luci, Duncan, Mbaye; Siligardi; Paulinho

Livorno bench: Anania, Rinaudo, Valentini, Gemiti, Decarli, Lambrughi, Benassi, Borja, Mosquera, Greco, Emeghara, Belingheri

Milan: Gabriel; Poli, Zapata, Mexes, Emanuelson; Montolivo, De Jong, Nocerino; Birsa, Kaka; Balotelli

Milan bench: Abbiati, Coppola, Bonera, De Sciglio, Zaccardo, Cristante, Saponara, El Shaarawy, Matri, Niang

Pity El Shaarawy hasn't started. De Sciglio and SES must be being kept for Ajax.

Will Saponara ever get a chance?

We only have 1 midfielder on the bench so there's a decent chance we will see Cristante at some stage at least.

We only have 1 midfielder on the bench so there's a decent chance we will see Cristante at some stage at least.

Nothing would surprise me :pac:

Will Saponara ever get a chance?

Himself & Cristante should both have gotten game time in this Milan team

• Advertisement

Don't know what Mario was trying but feck it, it went in!

Pity El Shaarawy hasn't started

On now for the hapless Birsa. Real impressed with Duncan in midfield for them.

Tight game. No width from us at all

I give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Utter ****e as usual.

Sickening enough. We've had 2 corners! 2!!

Balotelli had a fantastic chance to give us the lead at 1-1 and didn't take it, would've changed everything

What a strike...

Sickening enough. We've had 2 corners! 2!!

Balotelli had a fantastic chance to give us the lead at 1-1 and didn't take it, would've changed everything

In fairness that was just an outrageous save by Bardi.

****ing crossbar!

In fairness that was just an outrageous save by Bardi.

Yeah great save but he had to finish it. If he hit it in the corner there wouldn't have been any way of saving it.

Not a great result but not shocking either, actually thought Balotelli had a good game even without his goals. His hold-up play was brilliant but there was no support from the midfield. Surely that's the end of Birsa and Nocerino

• Advertisement
Advertisement