Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Poor performance. Gabriel should of done better for both goals despite the awful defending. El Shaarawy and Niang had little impact on the game aswell. Great free by Mario & I was sure his late effort was dipping in.

Just watched Roma vs Fiorentina, Pjanic got sent off and Castan picked up a yellow so both will miss their next game against us Monday week. Mina Rzouki is back on BT again, YEY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Never copped that when I was watching it! Pjanic deserved to go, silly foul. They look dangerous and will definitely trouble us big time

Milan squad for Ajax:
    Abbiati, Coppola, Andrenacci; Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Zaccardo, Zapata; Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli; Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri & Pazzini.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hopefully he can come in and give us some extra incisiveness in the final third. I think an attacking midfield 3 of him, Kaka and SES behind Mario will be pretty decent. Him and Rami will be good additions for us.

Milan have announced Keisuke Honda will be given the No 10 shirt when he arrives at the club in January.

“Yes, now I can say it,” Vice-President Adriano Galliani told Sky Sport Italia when asked about the CSKA Moscow man. “Honda is officially a Milan player. He will wear the No 10 jersey.”

The midfielder will arrive on a free transfer from CSKA at the start of next month, but it may take some time to see him in action.

“He will be ours from January 3, but I don’t know if he will play as soon as the 6th. If he is not ready at that point then he will play against Sassuolo on 12 January.”

http://football-italia.net/42689/milan-confirm-honda-arrival

Milan: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Bonera, Zapata, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Kaka, El Shaarawy & Balotelli.
    Milan bench: Coppola, Mexes, Zaccardo, Poli, Nocerino, Emanuelson & Matri.
    He F'N loves Muntari

I think, in his head, playing Muntari means Monti can play further forward...

EL Shaarawy :D

Excited for this game. He better follow through and employ an attacking style, not like the game in Amsterdam

Monti, you ****ing idiot.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Monti, you ****ing idiot.

Down to 8 now, Bonera and Constant are just so, so bad.

This is even worse to watch than our usual games. At least DeSciglio has done well, would the Sky lads just insult Balotelli and get it done with.

Sky will blame Balotelli for Mandela's death next. Remember the controversial peno he got in Amsterdam. I do I enjoyed it.

Thank god we got through & that Ajax ain't great. Webb dragged that thing out like the attention whore he is. We're out come February though.

Bad performance, good result. Montolivo with a horrendous tackle, he can have no arguments about that one. Also there's no excuse for making the tackle as it was in a nothing-area of the pitch, he deserves any criticism he gets after that.

Disappointed with the display but through to the next round without shattering our momentum coming up to Christmas

Also, it shouldn't be long until B&G say that we might be off the pace in the Serie A... But we're the only Italian team through to the last 16 of the CL :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Milan will be pure cannon fodder for whoever they draw.

Still qualified and that something Napoli and Juve failed to do :pac:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Milan will be pure cannon fodder for whoever they draw.

Still qualified and that something Napoli and Juve failed to do :pac:
    A bit like when we grabbed 3rd last year it felt a bit too much snatch & grab(both of them can feel very aggrieved also). We're bad but so are most of the teams that finished 2nd. Some of the groups this year were very, very poor.
    Also, it shouldn't be long until B&G say that we might be off the pace in the Serie A... But we're the only Italian team through to the last 16 of the CL :rolleyes:

G said we should build a monument for Silvio today, to what spit on?
    He also spat out that we have won the most international honours since 1989 crap. Yeah and Livorno battered us at times on Saturday.

GTR63 wrote: »
    A bit like when we grabbed 3rd last year it felt a bit too much snatch & grab(both of them can feel very aggrieved also). We're bad but so are most of the teams that finished 2nd. Some of the groups this year were very, very poor.

Yeah some of the sides that finished 2nd are absolute dross tbh.

Damning indictment of European football. You'd usually have a few teams there that are capable of doing well but none of the top seeds will fear any of them, with the possible exception of Arsenal.

Hopes for the draw?

Has to be United and then Chelsea for me followed by the none-too-shabby Dortmund and Atletico and then PSG.

I'd fear Bayern and Madrid as they could absolutely hockey us and because of their styles, I'd give us very little hope, even less than against Barca in the group games.

Realistically we will be underdogs regardless of who we draw but, even though they could be on form come February, I think we'd be suited to United and out of the 8 seeded teams in the last 16, they would be the most beatable imo.

Is the draw Friday yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Hopes for the draw?

Has to be United and then Chelsea for me followed by the none-too-shabby Dortmund and Atletico and then PSG.

I'd fear Bayern and Madrid as they could absolutely hockey us and because of their styles, I'd give us very little hope, even less than against Barca in the group games.

Realistically we will be underdogs regardless of who we draw but, even though they could be on form come February, I think we'd be suited to United and out of the 8 seeded teams in the last 16, they would be the most beatable imo.

Is the draw Friday yeah?

United or Dortmund would be the two that I would be resonable happy with. I think Dortmund are weaker this year.

• Advertisement

Yup its Friday.

I'd be looking for United for sure. Milan should be in a better position with Honda, Rami and hopefully a few more bodies, injured lads back and maybe a few wins and some confidence.

Well one can hope anyway.

Yup its Friday.

I'd be looking for United for sure. Milan should be in a better position with Honda, Rami and hopefully a few more bodies, injured lads back and maybe a few wins and some confidence.

Well one can hope anyway.

He'll be cup-tied because he played with CSKA, won't He?

Yes, he will.

The draw is Monday at 11 am.
    Would like a team with absolutely no pace or width as we visibly lack both in abundance. In a weird way I want Atletico as I think they'd score less on us than the others would. Just can't see us building a good lead in the first leg as our home form has been a bit shabby in europe for a few years now.

In fairness a fully fit Milan team will be a dangerous opponent for anyone except Bayern and Real. Some of the more regular Milan fans can correct me but it would line up something like this I think.

Abbiati
    Abate-Mexes-Rami-De Sceligo
    De Jong
    Monti-Poli
    Kaka- El Shaarawy
    Baloteili

If a new Keeper and possibly midfielder were brought in that would be a very useful side.

kksaints wrote: »
    In fairness a fully fit Milan team will be a dangerous opponent for anyone except Bayern and Real. Some of the more regular Milan fans can correct me but it would line up something like this I think.

Abbiati
    Abate-Mexes-Rami-De Sceligo
    De Jong
    Monti-Poli
    Kaka- El Shaarawy
    Baloteili

If a new Keeper and possibly midfielder were brought in that would be a very useful side.

On paper it's a strong team but injuries and team selection hinder us badly. Out of that back four, only De Sciglio started tonight and even then it was his first proper game in a long while. As well as this, Muntari is constantly selected in midfield (him and Montolivo will be suspended for the last 16 home game) and unless Montolivo plays well, there's no real creativity at all from 8 of our 11 players.

Without Montolivo in midfield, we will struggle badly in the last 16. Almost every other player can be replaced with a similar player (Robinho for SES, Sapnoara for Kaká etc.) except Montolivo as Cristante wouldn't be given a chance.

http://www.football-italia.net/42752/el-shaarawy-out-three-weeks
    El Shaarawy is out again for 2 to 3 weeks.

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.football-italia.net/42752/el-shaarawy-out-three-weeks
    El Shaarawy is out again for 2 to 3 weeks.

The training regime is almost certainly to blame for all the injuries. Every team picks up knocks of course, but what has been happening at Milan over the last few years in unbelievable. There's always 9/10 players in the treatment room.

Pazzo back in the squad for tomorrow's match, which is nice.

Pazzo back in the squad for tomorrow's match, which is nice.

Should signal the departure of Matri but it won't of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Ateltico Madrid in the Champions League.....

Well at least Pazzo is back :)

Was always going to be a tough draw. They may not be on such a good run come February but it's hard to see us making the quarters

Really depends who we bring in come janurary.

Can't see any signing we make having a huge impact tbh. Honda is cup-tied although Rami may solidify the defense.

Ateltico Madrid in the Champions League.....

Well at least Pazzo is back :)

I could stomach potentially losing to Simeone better than a Wenger or Mourinho. The part I fear the most is playing an organised side with a team like ours that is lacking creativity.

Milan: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Bonera, Zapata, Emanuelson; Muntari, De Jong, Poli; Montolivo, Kaka & Balotelli.
    Milan bench: Gabriel, Coppola, Zaccardo, Mexes, Cristante, Saponara, Nocerino, Niang, Pazzini & Fatri.
    Roma: De Sanctis; Maicon, Benatia, Castan, Dodò; De Rossi, Strootman, Bradley; Ljajic, Destro & Gervinho.
    Roma bench: Lobont, Skorupski, Burdisso, Romagnoli, Jedvaj, Torosidis, Taddei, Marquinho, Ricci, Mazzitelli, Totti & Florenzi.

****ed vs Atleti imo.

They are better pretty much all over the park.

****ed vs Atleti imo.

They are better pretty much all over the park.

....our wingbacks are better and if Balotelli is on form(big IF mind).
    Don't fear them as much minus Falcao. Not ultra confident but its not Real or Bayern at least.

Improved once the goal went in.

Mario not broken a sweat yet Kaka has covered unreal ground.

Mina Rzouki on BT Sports too :cool:

• Advertisement

What on earth was Gabriel thinking?

Howler.

Fu*king Matri.

bollocks.

Ref is taking the ****ing piss at this stage.

Fu*king Matri.

bollocks.

getting murdered out wide the last hour and then he comes on. Come on Mario pull a goal out your ass or hope Roma make a huge mistake

Please, for the love of god, get Muntari off and bring on Cristante.

PLEASE.

The bt commentators are a joke.

• Advertisement

Muntri, you brilliant, useless bastard!

Please, for the love of god, get Muntari off and bring on Cristante.

PLEASE.

2-2 himself, Montolivo and Poli have been horrid. Roma must be baffled that they aren't winning. I am

Kaka's effort this entire match is simply superb. An example to any footballer.

Kaka's effort this entire match is simply superb. An example to any footballer.

I still can't believe so many people wrote him off and said signing him was pointless. Been out best signing for years besides Balotelli so far!

Ah jaysus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement