Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

FFS, jesus, how did he miss?!?!

a breathless last 20 mins or so!

Great game, in fairness.

And idiots say Serie A is boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Seaneh wrote: »
    Great game, in fairness.

And idiots say Serie A is boring.

Been 4 or 5 crackers in the last 2 weeks alone!

Fiorentina 4-2 Juventus
    Lazio 2-4 Napoli
    Udinese 3-3 Napoli
    Napoli 4-2 Inter
    Milan 2-2 Roma

Yeah, really boring league :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

FFS, jesus, how did he miss?!?!

Might aswell of walked off after that he barely even moved after it. He was the Ying to Kaka's effort Yang

BbpFhGcIcAA5KnJ.jpg:large

No prizes for guessing who wore these. Hint he didn`t dirty them much

Last night pretty much convinced me Roma won't be winning the Scudetto anytime soon.

The better side yet they allowed Milan back in twice. Juve wouldn't have. Bradley couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Strootman looks a serious player though.

Having said that I thought Kaka was marvellous and De Scglio and Zapata had solid games. Everyone else was pretty much woeful though. Monty's form has gone down the tubes totally :(

http://www.football-italia.net/42991/d%E2%80%99ambrosio-milan-january

Being strongly linked with Danilo D’Ambrosio from Torino in January, like the signing except for 2 reasons; we are far worse in the middle of defence & Abate has yet to sign a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Saw that earlier. Would be a good addition but there's just no plan at all. Buying average players left, right and centre and continuing to pay our deadwood in the reserves. The management of the club has become a shambles.

We should only be looking to buy players that will be first team players straight away. Honda is an example. What is the purpose of this signing unless he is going to be a first team starter? Will he improve our team?

Talk of Niang going on loan to Montpellier for the rest of the season and we are rumoured to be going after Nainggolan from Cagliari in January

• Advertisement

Nianggolan would be a great signing. Would be the end of Muntari in the first team too, thank feck.

With Pazzo back Niang needs to go out on loan to get games.

Talk of Saponara going to Torino too.

Nianggolan would be a great signing. Would be the end of Muntari in the first team too, thank feck.

With Pazzo back Niang needs to go out on loan to get games.

Talk of Saponara going to Torino too.

Well the rule is Young + Belgian = probably pretty good

Sign him up.

Apparently an option to buy Niang. Yeah that makes total sense after what happened with us & Aubameyang. Give a contract to the overweight duo of Robinho and Matri aswell.

Squad for Milan Derby:
    Abbiati, Coppola, Gabriel; Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Zaccardo, Zapata, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kakà, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Saponara; Balotelli, Matri & Pazzini
    We'll probably see his lovers Muntari, Constant & Matri feature tomorrow.

Kakà: "We might not win against Inter, but we will show character."

Milan fans banned from doing their usual displays in Curva Sud by the local authorities despite being given the go ahead earlier in the week.

Inter fans in the Curva Nord are "on strike" in solidarity with Milan fans over the ban.

So it will be a less colourful affair in the stands. Hopefully what happens on the pitch makes up for that.

Inter: Handanovic; Campagnaro, Rolando, Juan Jesus; Jonathan, Taider, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Nagatomo; Guarin; Palacio.
    Milan: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Bonera, Zapata, Constant; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Saponara, Kaka & Balotelli.
    Milan’s bench: Gabriel, Coppola, Mexes, Zaccardo, Emanuelson, Cristante, Nocerino, Matri & Pazzini.

Nice to see Saponara get a game.

All the same not confident at all tbh.

If Ricky and Mario show up we have a chance.

• Advertisement

If the two Rickys and Mario show up we have a chance.

;)

Confident enough for some reason! Strong performance up top and we could win this but I'm definitely expecting us to concede, Mario needs to step up

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Nice to see Saponara get a game.

All the same not confident at all tbh.

Don't worry we'll show character(despite being 13th and being like 20 pts from 3rd).

Good start to be fair.

Saponara looking very lively.

Milan should be ahead.

What on earth has gone wrong with Handanovic lately?

One of the best keepers in Europe last season, he looks all over the place these days.

We're grand closing them down but when we get on it nothing much is happening.
    Could of been a penalty there

We dominated possession without really creating much. Poli should have had a goal from that scramble in the box, Palacio should have had a penalty and Muntari should have been sent off but so far so good. Expect it to open up more in the second half as both teams will surely see this as winnable and 1 point will be a disappointment

• Advertisement

Sigh.

All stemmed from Ballotelli.

His attitude has been disgraceful in this game.

Balls.

Pazzini on, I would of taken off Balotelli who's attitude and performance have been utter poison.

The end of Allegri and Balotelli surely?

Fans have turned on him tonight, and rightly so. Embarrassing stuff from him all night.

The end of Allegri and Balotelli surely?

Fans have turned on him tonight, and rightly so. Embarrassing stuff from him all night.

Mario needs to be dropped for Pazzini (while Matri goes to a dietry clinic) and Allegri has lost to a poor Inter side who got a lot wrong tactically and played badly for long periods. Red for Muntari, what a clown.

• Advertisement

Least thats Muntari banned for a while.

And Inter made the better changes and Allegri failed to react to them. End of the road.

I could see Allegri being given the boot over the break with AVB getting a 6 month contract to try and earn the job fulltime.

Mario was bad tonight but some people are completely over reacting, if it wasn't for his 6 goals, we'd be even more f*cked than we are.

I could see Allegri being given the boot over the break with AVB getting a 6 month contract to try and earn the job fulltime.

Mario was bad tonight but some people are completely over reacting, if it wasn't for his 6 goals, we'd be even more f*cked than we are.

Not at an over-reaction at all imo. He was disgraceful tonight. Kaka tried his heart out. Balotelli literally didn't give a ****. That's unforgivable in a derby.

Do you think 6 goals is a good return for the money spent and his supposed talent? I don't.

Got what we deserved tonight. Fed up of seeing the same thing week in week out. Kaká played his heart out as usual but coming out before the game saying that we may not win but we'll show character is a loser's mentality. There doesn't seem to be anybody on the team who believes the squad is strong.

Surely Allegri is out, surely...

I'd rather teabag a bear trap than get ol tin-foil hat AVB in.
    How could anyone believe this squad is strong its dreadful tbh. We haven't got 1 good centre back or any midfielder with creativity. Thats what happens when you get quantities of average "bargains" instead of buying talented players.
    Thought the lack of effort by Balotelli was disgraceful, didn't care and instead of tracking back he either complained or stood still.

Not at an over-reaction at all imo. He was disgraceful tonight. Kaka tried his heart out. Balotelli literally didn't give a ****. That's unforgivable in a derby.

Do you think 6 goals is a good return for the money spent and his supposed talent? I don't.

I think 18 goals in 25 games in the league since signing is an excellent return for a 23 year old player.

I think 18 goals in 25 games in the league since signing is an excellent return for a 23 year old player.

Fair enough but the dip in his form this season has been alarming to say the least.

I genuinely don't think the squad is that bad

De Sciglio, Montolivo, De Jong, Kaká, Balotelli and El Shaarawy are all top level players. Poli, Pazzini, Mexes, Zapata, Rami, Abate, Niang and Saponara are all decent enough.

The problem is that we rarely fielded our strongest team over the last while due to injuries etc. and now morale is at rock bottom.

Muntari, Nocerino (despite a great debut season), Matri, Kevin Constant, Silvestre etc. should never have been signed in the first place.

Too many average players and not enough quality, for every good player we field, he is forced to play alongside 1 or 2 useless players

Fair enough but the dip in his form this season has been alarming to say the least.

The dip in everyone's form has been alarming.

He's still been one of our better players, himself, De Sciglio, De Jong and Kaka have been the only players who look like they belong in a Milan jersey this season.

If everyone is going so far backwards, there is a reason, and that reason needs to be properly addressed. Selling our best player is not the way to address it.

The dip in everyone's form has been alarming.

He's still been one of our better players, himself, De Sciglio, De Jong and Kaka have been the only players who look like they belong in a Milan jersey this season.

If everyone is going so far backwards, there is a reason, and that reason needs to be properly addressed. Selling our best player is not the way to address it.

Sure but his attitude can't be helping. His behavior is detrimental to the entire team imo. All the talent in the world doesn't matter when you're a lazy ****er.

Just kind of fed up with Milan now tbh, it's one disaster after another. Must be one the lowest points in the history of a great club. It's sad to see more then anything :(

• Advertisement

I genuinely don't think the squad is that bad

De Sciglio, Montolivo, De Jong, Kaká, Balotelli and El Shaarawy are all top level players. Poli, Pazzini, Mexes, Zapata, Rami, Abate, Niang and Saponara are all decent enough.

Don't rate Mexes or Zapata(one good performance by them is quickly followed by a or several poor performances), the pair of them are not much better than Roque Junior & Martin Laursen. I am not too optimistic about Rami either. Poli has been in poor form the last few weeks when Montolivo isn't played near him. Niang is probably out the door & Saponara will probably get sent out on loan(at least he got a start unlike Cristante). Hopefully Pazzini gets a chance as Matri has been shít & Balotelli doesn't care.
    http://football-italia.net/43136/sacchi-saw-average-derby
    Sacchi was unimpressed with the derby; still nicer than what Boban said.

El Shaarawy out for another 10 weeks after having an operation in Portugal :mad: :(

Nightmare situation and these injuries have surely hampered his development and his career.

How the massive issue of the injuries has not been remedied after more than 2 years is beyond me. Poor, poor stuff

Jaysus, desperate luck for the lad.

That'll be Brazil out the window for him too, very unfortunate.

Jaysus, desperate luck for the lad.

That'll be Brazil out the window for him too, very unfortunate.

Hope he gets considered as he can play wide and up top for them. Nainggolan seems to be touch and go now with Roma putting money down, I want him but at the same time I don't want Cristante leaving on any full time terms. Don't get why we don't play him not like we are doing great or have many good midfielders.

In an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Allegri acknowleged this is his final term at San Siro.

Allegri: “I don’t know who will be the next Milan Coach and it’s not my problem. I can be certain this is my last Christmas at Milan, but I got there despite many people doubting I’d manage that.

Allegri: “Seedorf gave a great deal in his penultimate season at Milan. He’s a great player, but I’d have loved to work with him when he was 28 rather than 35.”

Gotta be Prandelli.

Been saying Prandelli for a long time now, expecting him after the WC despite him publicly saying he wouldn't take over at Milan or Juventus

Prandelli would be a great appointment in fairness. Hopefully he can be persuaded and backed!

Montella or Guidolin would be my 2nd choice, leaning heavily towards Montella.

• Advertisement

Montella or Guidolin would be my 2nd choice, leaning heavily towards Montella.

I'd prefer Montella of those too as well.

Advertisement