Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Playing at 2 today at home against Atalanta.
    Anyone gonna be able to watch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

GTR63 wrote: »
    Playing at 2 today at home against Atalanta.
    Anyone gonna be able to watch it?
    Yeah, I've been watching it.

Dominated the first half. Atalanta barely had a sniff for the first 40 mins and then pushed forward a bit before halftime. Milan have played well and played some excellent football at times.

The goal came from an intelligent counter on an Atalanta corner. Emanuelson done the hard bit and Kaká applied a clever finish from a tight angle for his 100th goal. Could be 2/3 up but they haven't looked like scoring so it looks like 1 goal could be enough. I'd imagine they'll start pushing forward though so the midfield need to avoid complacency.

Cristante has had a good debut and even hit the crossbar early on. Robinho is playing well and Matri has looked useful for once. Expect us to get another as they look vulnerable at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

2nd half is a different story though!

Jaysus, that's a flattering scoreline.

Beautiful goal from Cristante though, excellent debut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Delighted that Cristante has gotten his chance and hope he gets a few more games, been a big fan of his for the last 2 seasons and expect big, big things from him. Hopefully more of the primavera squad get minutes as well.

• Advertisement

Good performance to back up a very good win. Kaká has played very well. Cristante has surely layed down a marker for more game time and even Abbiati made a few nice saves too!

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Jaysus, that's a flattering scoreline.

Beautiful goal from Cristante though, excellent debut.

Hopefully he gets a chance now after 6 months watching Muntari, Nocerino and others flop.
    No Nainggolan
    http://www.football-italia.net/43465/galliani-nainggolan-roma

Hopefully he gets a chance now after 6 months watching Muntari, Nocerino and others flop.
    No Nainggolan
    http://www.football-italia.net/43465/galliani-nainggolan-roma

Nothing to lose at this point.

I'd be playing all the young lads and blood them in for next season.

Rumours circulating we're in for Éver Banega from Valencia. He's had a rough few months but he is a quality player and would definitely be a good signing in my book. Available for €10m according to reports.

If we were to get him however, Muntari, Nocerino and Birsa should all be sold and Saponara should be given a loan along with Gabriel and Vergara who seem to be heading out temporarily.

It could mean even less chance of playing time for Cristante but Banega is a very good player.

We still have too many players and it's ridiculous how Galliani can come out and say this now when it has been the case for such a long time. It's not like they magically appeared :rolleyes:

Rumours circulating we're in for Éver Banega from Valencia. He's had a rough few months but he is a quality player and would definitely be a good signing in my book. Available for €10m according to reports.

If we were to get him however, Muntari, Nocerino and Birsa should all be sold and Saponara should be given a loan along with Gabriel and Vergara who seem to be heading out temporarily.

It could mean even less chance of playing time for Cristante but Banega is a very good player.

We still have too many players and it's ridiculous how Galliani can come out and say this now when it has been the case for such a long time. It's not like they magically appeared :rolleyes:

Muntari, Nocerino, Birsa, Matri, Zaccardo, Constant, Robinho, Amelia and Silvestre should be gone regardless, I can`t stand the sight of them. Probably forgetting a few too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I'd like to see Guidolin get the oppurtunity to reshape this Milan squad. I can see his 3-5-1-1 formation been adopted to suit SES (like Di Natale at Udinese) and Kaka. I'd also imagine Balotelli would be out the door if Guidolin took the reins.
    Wait a second....Berlusconi - 2 men up front etc. Maybe not so!

Game is on BT tomorrow nite.
    Milan squad for Sassuolo:
    Abbiati, Coppola, Gabriel; Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata; Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Honda, Kakà, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli, Saponara; Balotelli, Matri, Pazzini & Robinho.

Great to see Cristante getting the nod again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Robinho puts Milan 1-0 up after 9 minutes
    Oh ho Balo makes it 2 after 13 minutes.

Sloppy goal to give away but a great start to the game, very entertaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Best opening 40 minutes I've seen this season. Absolute hum dinger of a game. Sucks for you lads of course! But I think the game is more than open enough for it to be turned around.

Great game to watch but Bonera is some kinda inside joke yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wow.

Bonera GTFO :mad:

Unreal.. Still think we can win though

• Advertisement

4th for Berardi, mad!

Get me a drink.
    Uhhgh

Have to see Honda come on now.

Mina Rzouki ‏@Minarzouki 4m
    That Milan defence is the stuff of my nightmares.

Feel sorry for a young lad like Di Sciglio being put through this. No leadership whatsoever and no cover for him on his side.

And you Mina are the woman of my dreams.
    I'd reply her that if I had the guts.

Honda on - I predict he will score or assist a goal.

Honda on - I predict he will score or assist a goal.
    Post!

Outstanding watch(best game since Italy vs Japan last year) but Milan have never felt lower. Pathetic to watch us these days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Milan could go down, only 6pts off the danger spot!

Sampdoria forever!

Not a chance we'll go down but that effectively rules out any chance at European football.

Embarrassing stuff and Berlusconi and Galliani need to know that it's their fault

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Not a chance we'll go down but that effectively rules out any chance at European football.

Embarrassing stuff and Berlusconi and Galliani need to know that it's their fault

Ya European football is defo gone for you alright, a fallen giant! It might be a long way back for Milan now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

might get Europa League if they win the cup

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Ya European football is defo gone for you alright, a fallen giant! It might be a long way back for Milan now!
    I honestly don't think it's that big of a job to turn things around. The strongest starting 11 consists of some very good young players. Balotelli's a different player with better players around him. Rami, Mexes, Abate, Montolivo, Honda and El Shaarawy would have all walked into the team tonight and it's a much brighter outlook.

Allegri needs to go though and this season is just a write off completely. There's good enough players there however to turn things around and the chopping of deadwood (and there's lots of it) and a couple of strong additions are needed as well as a serious morale boost.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    might get Europa League if they win the cup

Would be better off without it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

And you Mina are the woman of my dreams.
    I'd reply her that if I had the guts.

It's not too late.

• Advertisement

Not looking good for Allegri.
    Massimiliano Allegri is hanging by a thread, as Barbara Berlusconi said "it's urgent and necessary to make a change."

Milan is considering its position after a shocking 4-3 defeat to Sassuolo on Sunday evening.

This result against a club in the bottom three has left the Rossoneri with only 22 points from 19 Serie A games.

Worryingly for the Coach, CEO Adriano Galliani did not speak to media after the game in Reggio Emilia, despite the fact he was at the stadium and went into the locker room.

“There will be an official announcement tomorrow,” Milan sources told Sky Sport Italia journalists who were waiting for post-match interviews.

This suggests Allegri could well be fired, especially as he has already confirmed he’ll leave at the end of the season anyway.

Clarence Seedorf is the hot favourite to take over, but is still playing in Brazil with Botafogo.

It’s therefore most likely that Pippo Inzaghi will be promoted from the Primavera youth team to the main job at San Siro.

Joint-CEO Barbara Berlusconi also told news agency ANSA: “It is necessary and urgent to make a change.

“It was a disappointing evening, like others we’ve had. This confirms it is absolutely necessary to change. It is no longer tolerable for our fans to watch performances like this.”

Allegri was read out this statement while interviewed live on La Domenica Sportiva. "For the moment I am the Milan Coach," he replied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Manager just got sacked had to happen Milan are brutal this season.

from goal.com
    The Serie A outfit have opted to dismiss the 46-year-old following their disappointing performances this season, with Mauro Tassotti given the temporary reins

AC Milan have confirmed the sacking of head coach Massimiliano Allegri with immediate effect in the wake of the Rossoneri's 4-3 loss against Sassuolo on Sunday.

Allegri recently announced that he would leave Milan at the end of the 2013-14 campaign, but the club decided on Monday to relieve him right away following their ongoing struggles this term.

With Allegri out of the Giuseppe Meazza, Milan assistant coach Mauro Tassotti has been handed the caretaker reins and thanked the departed trainer for his efforts at the club.

The Italian giants said in a press release: "AC Milan have dismissed the coach of the first team and his staff, Massimiliano Allegri, with immediate effect.

"AC Milan would like to thank Mr. Allegri and his staff for the work done and we wish them the best professional success. The team is to be provisionally coached by Mauro Tassotti."

Milan currently sit 11th in Serie A with 22 points from 19 games, having won just five games in the first half of the season, and the San Siro side have consequently opted to dismiss Allegri.

The 46-year-old took charge of Milan in the summer of 2010 and immediately guided the Rossoneri to the Serie A title in his first season at the helm.

However, Milan had to settle for second place the following campaign, while they came in only third last term after selling star players Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to Paris Saint-Germain at the start of the season.

Milan's slide has continued in 2013-14 as they find themselves fighting against relegation rather than challenging for the Champions League spots, eventually leading to Allegri's exit.

The Livorno-born coach previously was in charge of Aglianese, SPAL, Grosseto, Lecco, Sassuolo and Cagliari.

Time for a fresh start but feel a bit sorry for him, not entirely his fault and has been treated like dirt

Lot of factors involved but it was clear he wasn't getting through to the players.

He had been completely undermined and that had filtered down to the players.

Lot of factors involved but it was clear he wasn't getting through to the players.

He had been completely undermined and that had filtered down to the players.

Can`t put across how low of an opinion I have of the current squad. In terms of character, fight & ability when compared to the team/squad we had 10 years ago(we have went rapidly backwards the last 6/7 years) they are second rate. Did you see Balotelli falling over like a total cheat against sides we should be beating comfortably. Interesting that Inzaghi isn`t taking over, think he knows the team & the club hierarchy fúcking stink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Twitter wrote:
    Dutch reporter @simonzwartkruis says he has confirmed that Clarence Seedorf is the new AC Milan manager with the man himself

Clarence Seedorf very quickly installed as AC Milan Manager

Dempsey wrote: »
    Clarence Seedorf very quickly installed as AC Milan Manager

I still don't see any official confirmation on it.

The Seedorf deal is meant to be happen on or before Thursday. More worrying is the Italian press saying Tassotti will leave the club in June, after all he has done for us.
    A cruel irony that Zlatan & Thiago got in the FIFA Team of the Year today on the day we made the decision we did. Bet Max would of voted for them if he could.

Matri heading on loan to Fiorentina(god himself & Anderson are going to break the heart of them getting them in shape). Petagna is coming back from Samp aswell.

Got the car running and ready to go to take him to Florence.

Fiorentina must be mad.

Got the car running and ready to go to take him to Florence.

Fiorentina must be mad.

Desperate with Gomez & Rossi out. We'll never see that €12m again though.

Pity it wasn't an outright deal, would take €6m for him.

Seedorf is very keen to sign Adam Maher according to some of the papers. Would be an absolute fantastic signing. €15-23m range depending on his circumstances. A real taleent

Pity it wasn't an outright deal, would take €6m for him.

Seedorf is very keen to sign Adam Maher according to some of the papers. Would be an absolute fantastic signing. €15-23m range depending on his circumstances. A real taleent

Him and Doria are being linked but if big money is involved I can't see either happening.

Beat the not so mighty Spezia yesterday 3-1 & as expected Seedorf signed a 2 & a 1/2 year deal to manage us.
    Hard to know how the latter will go at all

Was a solid performance, the game was won at half time

• Advertisement
Advertisement