Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Glad to seem him stay. Anybody know the exact dates for the Champions League qualifiers and/or a list of potentially dangerous teams we could face? I know it's seeded in some way but Udinese had to play Arsenal and Braga in the last 2 years qualifying, Is our coefficient too high or could we be drawn against Arsenal? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

We will be seeded, Udinese weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Glad to seem him stay. Anybody know the exact dates for the Champions League qualifiers and/or a list of potentially dangerous teams we could face? I know it's seeded in some way but Udinese had to play Arsenal and Braga in the last 2 years qualifying, Is our coefficient too high or could we be drawn against Arsenal? :eek:

http://football-italia.net/34874/milans-potential-champions-opponents
    Teams and dates here. Biggest risks seem to be Fener, Sociedad and PSV.

Apparently we'll be playing 4-3-1-2 next year. Man I hate that formation we always get killed out wide with it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Apparently we'll be playing 4-3-1-2 next year. Man I hate that formation we always get killed out wide with it.

Berlusconi meddling again, I wish he'd just let Allegri do his job. For such a smart man (he must be to have acquired such a mass fortune despite what some people think) he really is a childish f****r when it comes to stuff like this.

Lets play 4-3-1-2 - "Oh look, we lost - it's all Allegri's fault" "Oh look, we won - it was my idea to play with this formation, I'm a genius!"

He regularly tries to take the credit when the team plays well and distances the blame when the team performs poorly.

To be honest I can't understand why Allegri stayed from his own point of view. He had the chance to leave and Berlusconi will do him absolutely no favours.

If he gave us the funds now to do better it'd be something but we are signing guys on Bosmans. That won't make us more competitive in his precious Champions League, we've been linked with Poli at Samp but I bet we are just trying to run down his contract like we did with Montolivo. No talk of a proper centre back coming in either, yet another cheap Bosman it is again with Civelli & hope Mexes & Zapata keep improving. I got a feeling we're gonna sign another striker if we flog Robinho cause Pazzini is injured, i'd rather we give Niang more of a chance but Silvio loves Strikers.

All he ever wants to do is buy a striker or big name signing like Balotelli, even when it is not what is needed. The 1 position on the pitch that is not in need of reinforcement is up front.

http://football-italia.net/35107/milan-warn-squad-variation
    Warning for people buying season tickets about Squad variations. Not a great thing to read after last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

http://football-italia.net/35107/milan-warn-squad-variation
    Warning for people buying season tickets about Squad variations. Not a great thing to read after last summer.

Wouldn't read too much into it, its covering themselves after last years uproar because Boateng is likely gone but is in the ads.

• Advertisement

Töpher wrote: »
    Wouldn't read too much into it, its covering themselves after last years uproar because Boateng is likely gone but is in the ads.

After all the talk of El Shaarawy in the press today it leaves me uneasy, its not as if we're going to buy replacements either.

Not liking these El Shaarawy rumours at all

So now El Shaarawy is "sellable" and we're linked with Matri :eek:

I swear to God if we buy Mar=tri, even for €5million let alone €15m.....

Robinho looks to be on his way out for €5-6m. Not bad I suppose and he should clear up some wage space with him being our highest earner.

Would've preferred to see Ambro say another year (on reduced wages) if only for his off the field leadership alone.

Tevez is a very good player imo but not what we need right now. Keeping El Shaarawy is the better option but if it comes down to getting Tevez/Matri - Tevez is a no brainer and he won't even be dearer than €15m. He would need to take a pay cut as well however.

I'd rather get someone younger and cheaper like Zaza than Tevez who is 29 & available for nothing next year. I wouldn't start another striker either if we keep El Shaarawy. Matri has got to be some kind of joke he's hopeless. Pazzini is only injured he's not dead & Niang is still around.

I'd rather get someone younger and cheaper like Zaza than Tevez who is 29 & available for nothing next year. I wouldn't start another striker either if we keep El Shaarawy. Matri has got to be some kind of joke he's hopeless. Pazzini is only injured he's not dead & Niang is still around.

Yeah what is with this unfounded desire to play 4-3-1-2 ?

El Shaarawy is a must keep imo. He can play with Balotelli and I'm gonna attribute his poor end to the season to being burned out.

They really are clueless about certain players if they think Matri is a good purchase. Even on a free transfer I wouldn't take him. Play 4-3-3 . Play up front if Balotelli is unavailable Niang, play Boateng out right if need be but do not buy Matri under any circumstances.

If Tevez can be got for around €8-12m and he takes a pay cut down to €4-5m (could be done with a huge signing on fee in his contract so other players don't complain) then I would be happy if we bought him - Just not at the expense of El Shaarawy.

The latest Galliani quotes from yesterday, they are probably already out of date.
    “Jherson Vergara will replace Yepes. And Cristante will replace Ambrosini,” Galliani, who is currently on the Rossoneri cruise, said yesterday. “Saponara will replace Bojan Krkic. ”Petagna will be in Milan’s first team until January at least and will replace the injured Pazzini.”

• Advertisement

Crisante and Jherson look like real talent, saponara is a cracking little player. Not sure about Petagna yet, but he looks a prospect, big, strong, quick.

When you consider that lot as well as Niang (still only 18) and Hachim Mastour, there's a lot to be optimistic about.

When you consider that lot as well as Niang (still only 18) and Hachim Mastour, there's a lot to be optimistic about.

Mastour is so fun to watch, his ball control and dribbling are literally better than I've ever seen from a player that age. If he carries on developing he will be a real star.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Mastour is so fun to watch, his ball control and dribbling are literally better than I've ever seen from a player that age. If he carries on developing he will be a real star.

It's remarkable what he can do. Fingers crossed we keep him and don't fold to the first decent offer that comes in. Cristante is also meant to be very highly rated as well. Surprised Chelsea let him go.

I read somewhere as well that we're being linked to Halilovic. Another exciting prospect, capped for Croatia's national team a few days ago aged just 16 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

The latest Galliani quotes from yesterday, they are probably already out of date.
    “Jherson Vergara will replace Yepes. And Cristante will replace Ambrosini,” Galliani, who is currently on the Rossoneri cruise, said yesterday. “Saponara will replace Bojan Krkic. ”Petagna will be in Milan’s first team until January at least and will replace the injured Pazzini.”
    Crisante and Jherson look like real talent, saponara is a cracking little player. Not sure about Petagna yet, but he looks a prospect, big, strong, quick.

They were talking about Vergara in Colombia as the best young defender in South America when I was there, seems to have all the attributes needed and if he can progress should be an excellent talent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Is Mastour old enough to be registered now?

Really hope we don't sign Tevez. I am a United fan though so that taints my view on hi

jamc wrote: »
    Is Mastour old enough to be registered now?

Not until later this year AFAIK.

Legend.

Legend.

A real midfield warrior. Thought he was immense at home against Barca last season. Same against Madrid a year or two back.

Last of Ancelotti's side to go :(

A real midfield warrior. Thought he was immense at home against Barca last season. Same against Madrid a year or two back.

Last of Ancelotti's side to go :(

Christian+Abbiati+G3bLF70gk5Lm.jpg

I was wracking my brain for ages before i hit post!

Unfortunately I think of Dida whenever I think of Ancelotti's sides.

I was wracking my brain for ages before i hit post!

Unfortunately I think of Dida whenever I think of Ancelotti's sides.

Dida was the first choice, in fairness.

With Ambro officially gone, Milan now only have 6 players who are 30 years of age or older (Amelia (31), Bonera (32), Mexes(31), Antonini(30), Zacardo(31) and Abbiati (35) ) and, and of them only 1 is older than 32 (Abbiati).

That's a bloody young squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Mexes is 31? The years are flying by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Antonini really was a late "bloomer".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I hear we rejected an advance from Julio Cesars agent for him, imagine demands were too high. Always rated him though, would be a big step up from Abbiati.

Ambrosini needs to get over himself, talking about bitterness of not being offered a new contract, you'd swear he had a Del Piero esque career for us the way he's going on. Lasted longer than most of the old guard, what does he expect at 36 especially considering our recent focus on youth.

I don't see too much wrong with that he said to be honest.

Massimo Ambrosini has described his time at Milan as ‘marvellous’, but refused to rule out a move to Fiorentina.

The club captain is looking for a new outfit after the Diavolo opted against renewing his contract which expires this month.

“This isn’t easy,” he said at a Press conference on Friday. “I’m emotional.

“I decided to wait a few days before talking as I didn’t want to say something in the heat of the moment which wouldn’t have done justice to my 18 years in Rossonero.

“I thank everyone, starting with President Silvio Berlusconi, Adriano Galliani and Ariedo Braida. It has been marvellous here, 18 years which I could never forget.”

The former Italian international was hoping to remain at San Siro after Daniele Bonera and Christian Abbiati were handed new deals.

“It is not up to me to say whether the club were right or wrong to let go of me,” added the former Cesena and Vicenza player.

“There is nothing scandalous about it though. I’m 36, I gave a lot to Milan who had the right to make the decision they made.

“I would have liked to have been informed of their decision in a different way, but I am here to say thank you.

“I would have preferred that Galliani told me first, but I then logically had a conversation with him.

“Life goes on though. I still feel like a player and I want to continue being one. And I’m not leaving Milan with anger.”

Ambrosini is being linked with a move to West Ham, but he is also thought to be of interest to the Viola.

“Fiorentina are a great club, bossed by a great Coach, with a serious and intriguing project,” he added. “If they came forward for me than I’d listen to what they were offering.”

Link

A Nocerino for Silvestre swap with Inter is being mentioned. Not a big fan of that he was basically their Acerbi last year.
    What ever happened to that list of the 100 Top Young Players we were meant to be looking at btw?

A Nocerino for Silvestre swap with Inter is being mentioned. Not a big fan of that he was basically their Acerbi last year.
    What ever happened to that list of the 100 Top Young Players we were meant to be looking at btw?

Just take the money, we have enough average players in the squad. Traore needs to go to. Lower the wage bill

Watching the confed cup and it dawned on me is Taiwo still at Milan?
    Apparently Juve are offering €5.5m a year to Tevez & a €12m fee. At that price they can have him €17m would be better spent elsewhere in our team at the minute.

http://football-italia.net/35446/boateng-wanted-monaco
    Galliani is in talks with Monaco for Boateng. Wouldn't it be nice to read we have talks to buy rather than sell.

If Boateng is sold someone will be brought in to replace him, but I'd rather he was kept and played in midfield beside Monti and De Jong.

If Boateng is sold someone will be brought in to replace him, but I'd rather he was kept and played in midfield beside Monti and De Jong.

He also adds a bit of pace too from deep too. Diamanti is being linked as a replacement, that'd be a step back as he is 29. If he went to Juve or Napoli would he get in the team, I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sell him for an inflated price to Monaco. Buy Hamsik with the fee. Everyones a winner.

Watching the confed cup and it dawned on me is Taiwo still at Milan?
    Apparently Juve are offering €5.5m a year to Tevez & a €12m fee. At that price they can have him €17m would be better spent elsewhere in our team at the minute.

Yep, still a Milan player. Was on loan at Dynamo Kiev I think. If we could get Tevez for 2/3years for €10m and €4.5m wages it'd be a steal.

€18m for Boateng would be very fair to Milan. Any more would be great, I wouldn't accept any less than €16m though.

Some top players could possibly be bought for low enough fees:
    Eriksen for around €15m
    Thiago for around €18-20m
    Verratti for possibly €20m

All of these players are young with great potential, would not look for very high wages and would be an upgrade on what we have in midfield.

I'm not sure we could attract any of these though, possibly Verratti.

Would love Hamsik.

I see Inter are close to Belfodil off Parma for €10m & Silvestre + Cassano on season long loans.
    How can they afford that & we can't afford a pot to piss in without selling our own players.

I've never been Hamsik's biggest fan tbh, he's better on paper than in reality and a bit of a flat track bully. Like you might point at the goal/assist ratio but at the end of the day Serie A isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be, like Totti is obv a hero but he shouldn't still be picking up 12 goal and 12 assists at his age, he certainly wouldn't in Spain or England. Hamsik was very poor in Napoli's CL run last year and often goes missing in the bigger games. He isn't the trequartista we need, doesn't control games but is more of an impact player like a Lampard but not as good, I'd take him over KPB but wouldn't fork out €20 million for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I see Inter are close to Belfodil off Parma for €10m & Silvestre + Cassano on season long loans.
    How can they afford that & we can't afford a pot to piss in without selling our own players.
    Inter will sell players to fund any purchases, a few of the unwanted players plus prob Handa or Guarin, maybe both. I would also expect a few of the high earners to either get pay cuts or leave too. Inter are worse off than Milan at the moment so the money will have to come from player sales and big reductions in the wage bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I've never been Hamsik's biggest fan tbh, he's better on paper than in reality and a bit of a flat track bully. Like you might point at the goal/assist ratio but at the end of the day Serie A isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be, like Totti is obv a hero but he shouldn't still be picking up 12 goal and 12 assists at his age, he certainly wouldn't in Spain or England. Hamsik was very poor in Napoli's CL run last year and often goes missing in the bigger games. He isn't the trequartista we need, doesn't control games but is more of an impact player like a Lampard but not as good, I'd take him over KPB but wouldn't fork out €20 million for him.

Pretty small sample size to be fair and he's a better player now then he was then. He's been ridiculously consistent for close to 5 years now. He's easily worth 20m. Though if I had free dibs on anyone i'd go for Vidal.

http://football-italia.net/35482/monaco-bid-€60m-milan-duo
    First Boateng now they may want El Shaarawy too. There is talk they may want Niang too, fcuk take De Sciglio too if you want him.

Dear PSG, **** OFF.

Dear PSG, **** OFF.

Its Monaco but PSG turned to us again for an old Manager.
    They can take Silvio and Barbara if they want.

Tbf 60 million is obscene money, would be insane to turn that sort of offer down, it's definitely over-valuing the ability of them two. Providing they put it back into new signings I'd be happy, could upgrade on El Shaarawy with someone like Alexis Sanchez or Lamela for about €30 million, get Tevez in too and still have plenty of change.

Only 3 members of the squad I'd be disgusted to see go would be Balo, Monti and De Sciglio. Really like El Shaarawy, seems like a humble kid but cashing in on him now when there's currently a perception out there that he's going to be a superstar makes sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement