Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Milan squad for Verona:
    Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel; Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata; Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Honda, Kaka, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli; Balotelli, Petagna & Robinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Rumoured that Seedorf will be favouring the 4-2-3-1 system that many, including myself, have been calling for for ages.

Robinho, Kaká and Honda behind Balotelli with Monti alongside De Jong in DM

If we play Robinho, Honda & Kaka with Balotelli against a top side we'll get killed. We played 3 of em up top last week and I think I did more on the couch than they did tracking back

GTR63 wrote: »
    If we play Robinho, Honda & Kaka with Balotelli against a top side we'll get killed. We played 3 of em up top last week and I think I did more on the couch than they did tracking back

To be fair, Honda's not the worst and Kaká does his bit to when he can. You'll always have players like that who don't track back and that's alright as long as they produce the magic when we're attacking, and that is what's been lacking this season.

To be fair, Honda's not the worst and Kaká does his bit to when he can. You'll always have players like that who don't track back and that's alright as long as they produce the magic when we're attacking, and that is what's been lacking this season.

But Balotelli & Robinho hardly walk back never mind track. I'd go with Honda, Kaka & Balotelli with Cristante, Montolivo &
    De Jong behind them.
    We attacked well for the first 20 mins last week but got exposed badly when Sassuolo broke on us. Particularly teams with width tend to expose us a lot. Been like that for a long time aswell.

But Balotelli & Robinho hardly walk back never mind track. I'd go with Honda, Kaka & Balotelli with Cristante, Montolivo &
    De Jong behind them.
    We attacked well for the first 20 mins last week but got exposed badly when Sassuolo broke on us. Particularly teams with width tend to expose us a lot. Been like that for a long time aswell.

In a 4-3-3 do you mean or with Montolivo as the CAM? I agree on how exposed we are at the back, gone are the days were we could go 1-0/2-0 up in the first half and see the game out comfortably.

Matri with a first half brace today for Fiorentina :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Milan controlling the game but failing to create too many chances.

Lipstick on a pig n all that. Grim stuff. Pazzini on his hole on the bench.

1-0 dodgy pen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

There we go, no more than Milan deserve.

Utterly stupid tackle from Gonzalez though.

Needed a win there. Fortunate that they are without a few players but James Richardson is right saying the performance showed how much work we need done.

Hopeful of a comfortable win tonight but that's become more of a luxury these days than a realistic expectation.

Expecting us to start with Robinho, Kaká and Birsa behind Balotelli and Cristante to come in alongside De Jong in midfield.

Gazzetta has us playing Rami at RB in what looks like a shaky defence consisting of Emanuelson on the left and Zapata alongside Bonera in the middle.

An early goal will calm the nerves. The game's on Sky Sports 3 as well which is nice although the commentary is painful to listen to

It continues with another poor performance tonight

It continues with another poor performance tonight

I missed the game but yeah another familiar looking result

I missed the game but yeah another familiar looking result

Dominated the opening 25 mins and then collapsed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Seems AC are going to sign Essien on loan. Sorry in advance. :o

Johner wrote: »
    Seems AC are going to sign Essien on loan. Sorry in advance. :o

Linked with Palleta too. No wonder we've rubbish now.

There's just no need for Essies but as a backup it's not a bad move. I'd be more concerned about strengthening the starting team though.

Surely that's the end of Nocerino and possibly Muntari too

http://www.football-italia.net/44277/official-milan-welcome-essien

Signing Essien for 18 months, no point complaining we won`t be challenging for much in that time anyway. :(

€2.5 million per year, free transfer. Not the worst bit of business ever and his experience could prove valuable.

A more worrying element of this is the fact that we have a new manager hwo is supposedly being backed from above and yet there isn't any sign whatsoever of a penny being spent :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

€2.5 million per year, free transfer. Not the worst bit of business ever and his experience could prove valuable.

A more worrying element of this is the fact that we have a new manager hwo is supposedly being backed from above and yet there isn't any sign whatsoever of a penny being spent :rolleyes:

We NEVER spend much though. How much of our team cost 10m?

We NEVER spend much though. How much of our team cost 10m?

Haha true! Even Balotelli and Ibrahimovic didn't exactly break the bank

Haha true! Even Balotelli and Ibrahimovic didn't exactly break the bank

We came 9th on that deloitte list yesterday, some joke that & our 3 signings have been loan with option & two frees.
    We need pace in the team and sign Essien, baffling. I hope Cristante gets more of a look in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does the Essien signing mean de Jong could be off?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Speaking of De Jong .. how has he been playing lads?

Milan squad for Cagliari:
    Amelia, Coppola, Gabriel; Abate, Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Honda, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari; Balotelli, Pazzini, Robinho

We came 9th on that deloitte list yesterday, some joke that & our 3 signings have been loan with option & two frees.
    We need pace in the team and sign Essien, baffling. I hope Cristante gets more of a look in now.
    Very true. There's being tight and then there's not spending a penny whatsoever. I mean the Champions League money wasn't even reinvested (Well not properly anyway) and the budget must stand at near nothing every year.
    I'd say there's no chance whatsoever of De Jong leaving. Essien will be a rotation option and should get minutes as he can fill in at LB and will most likely start in the CL Last 16 as Montolivo and Muntari are suspended.
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    Speaking of De Jong .. how has he been playing lads?
    Our best player this year in my opinion. High tackling and interception stats in all competitions and 92% pass accuracy to back it up. He was a ridiculous bargain at 3.5 million and wouldn't go for less than 4 times that now

http://football-italia.net/44345/report-essien-failed-milan-medical
    I'd believe this but I bet we'd still force the deal through to avoid spending a penny.

Don't know what to make of that performance but a win is a win.

Made a million chances, wasn't a great performance but Milan will take it i'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That could well be the turning point for Seedorf.

Ecstatic with the comeback but we lacked quality and composure throughout.

Somehow I think that a win like that will benefit the team a lot more than a casual 1-0.

Balotelli picked up a yellow that keeps him out of next weeks game against Torino however.

Torino fair owe us one after we robbed a draw there earlier this season. Up until the last 10 mins I was nearly asleep watching it. So flat of a game it was.
    At the back we are quite the sight. Not been hugely impressed by Rami & Bonera is a joke of a defender.

Torino fair owe us one after we robbed a draw there earlier this season. Up until the last 10 mins I was nearly asleep watching it. So flat of a game it was.
    At the back we are quite the sight. Not been hugely impressed by Rami & Bonera is a joke of a defender.

Yeah they'll be itching for payback. Rami I thought looked okay but it's hard enough to settle into a new team, throw in the fact we're desperately struggling and then stick Bonera in beside him and it's almost an impossible task for Rami. I think he'll do well.

Essien looks to have the green light as well. He better not be plagued by injury or it'll be another chalk against Galliani.

Yeah they'll be itching for payback. Rami I thought looked okay but it's hard enough to settle into a new team, throw in the fact we're desperately struggling and then stick Bonera in beside him and it's almost an impossible task for Rami. I think he'll do well.

Essien looks to have the green light as well. He better not be plagued by injury or it'll be another chalk against Galliani.

Essien is going to be a poor signing, I bet Chelsea hearts were in mouths when that news came out this morning. Read a funny rumor on a Milan fan site about a wage cap of €3m being introduced. :rolleyes:
    How`d we convince all our bosman signings to sign then.

Adel Taarabt looks to be our next "big" signing and Zaccardo will most likely stay as well. Different manager, same story. The club is being run into the f***ing ground.

Adel Taarabt looks to be our next "big" signing and Zaccardo will most likely stay as well. Different manager, same story. The club is being run into the f***ing ground.

This is gone beyond a joke now.

This is gone beyond a joke now.

I wonder had Seedorf much of a say in the two transfers or are they just making it look like he did similar to how they said Allegri requested several players when he probably never did.

I'd like to think Seedorf would have more knowledge than to go anywhere near the likes of Taarabt. Deadwood should be going out, not coming in.

Buying players from second-tier English clubs:(

• Advertisement

Taarabt has to be one of the most bizarre signings AC have made since Luther Blissett - the guy can't even get into the team of a bottom of the table club!

Why does Bonera even exist?

Cerci taking the piss.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Cerci taking the piss.

Farnareud should of buried that. Very uninspired performance, we lack a lot of creativity & quality in the team.

Such a bland performance. Don't see a huge difference in performance since Seedorf came in. Good goal by Rami who looked okay considering he played beside a clown who thankfully picked up a suspension. Our attack has no width up top & are about as creative as a knock knock joke

http://football-italia.net/44718/report-milan-agree-agazzi-terms

We've apparently agreed to sign Goalie Michael Agazzi from Caglari on a free(what a shock) in the summer.

• Advertisement

Serious changes needed at the club, the problems aren't going to magically disappear next season like the management seem to think will happen

OFFICIAL XI: MILAN: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Rami, Mexes, Urby; de Jong, Essien; Abate, Robinho, Taarabt; Balotelli.

Abate on the wing and 2 debuts for Essien and Taarabt. Not sure what's wrong with Kaká or Montolivo but it's a more defensively sound team anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great goal from Taarabt

beautiful finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is Balotelli crying after being taken off?

• Advertisement
Advertisement