Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

Balotelli looked like he was crying on the bench there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Yeah he was crying his eyes out, presumably because he had an absolute shocker of a game and let the side down.

Same old from Milan. Why did we let Flamini go and then sign Essien? F**cking nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Probably something to do with him crying like that.
    http://football-italia.net/44973/balotelli-now-i-am-father

Got what we deserved tonite, a lot of mistakes on the pitch & bench again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Apparently Balotelli was subjected to horrible racial abuse by fans (I'm guessing opposition fans but then this is Italy).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That's twitter talk.

http://www.football-italia.net/44993/racism-not-behind-balotelli-tears

Seems it has more to do with Milan's current state and just missing a glorious chance to equalise at Napoli.

I'd imagine Seedorf and Abate were calling a spade a spade. The lad is still only 23 and has a lot of weight on his shoulders. He had a bad game but if anything, this incident will only help to endear him to the fans. He really cares about doing well and helping the team which is great to see. Hoping to see a blistering performance next week against Bologna.

If it is just because of his performance then I think it shows (in a weird way) how mature he has become and how much the club means to him. If that happened at City, he'd have thrown a tantrum.

Urby Emanuelson, Robinho and Daniele Bonera have joined the Milan injury list against Bologna.

The Serie A fixture kicks off on Friday at 19.45 on BT Sports 2.

Clarence Seedorf welcomes Cristian Zapata back to the squad, but Emanuelson, Robinho and Bonera are on the treatment table.

They miss out along with longer-term absentees Stephan El Shaarawy, Bryan Cristante, Valter Birsa and Matias Silvestre.

This game is brought forward to Friday in order to help Milan prepare for next week’s Champions League Round of 16 tie with Atletico Madrid.

Milan squad for Bologna: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Abate, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Zaccardo, Zapata, Essien, De Jong, Honda, Kakà, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Saponara, Taarabt, Balotelli, Pazzini

Atletico up after this next Tuesday.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Atletico up after this next Tuesday.

*Wednesday as far as I know. I think Emanuelson is being rested but then again, I'd have imagined if he was then he would still be in the squad. Saponara could well get a start tonight. I'd also expect Muntari and montolivo to get time as they're suspended for the CL. Balotelli will not play a full game

WHAT.A.GOAL

• Advertisement

Some goal from Mario tonite. Made up for the dreadful game of football

Great strike after a shocking match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Cracking strike, nonchalant in technique and celebration!

Milan: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Rami, Bonera, Emanuelson; Essien, De Jong; Poli, Kaka, Taarabt & Balotelli.
    Milan bench: Amelia, Mexes, Abate, Constant, Zaccardo, Pazzini & Petagna.
    Atletico Madrid:
    Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Insua; Arda Turan, Mario Suarez, Gabi, Koke; Raul Garcia & Diego Costa.
    Atletico Madrid bench:
    Aranzubia, Alderweireld, Cristian Rodriguez, Sosa, Diego, Adrian Lopez & Villa.

De Sciglio gone off. Great! Fair play Atletico if only kicking the opposition was all you had to do.

Hard loss to accept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Only saw bits of it. Looked harsh on Milan, Atleti never looked like scoring. Some great saves from Courtois.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Good to see Taarabt looking like he finally might be delivering on the promise, hopefully he is the second coming off KP Boateng

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    Good to see Taarabt looking like he finally might be delivering on the promise, hopefully he is the second coming off KP Boateng

Had another solid performance again today. Links up well down the wing regardless of who's behind him and his close control is unbelievable. Was quiet in the second half but that was more due to the fact that we just passed it around without looking to threaten after the second goal.

Was also impressed by the fact that he didn't get involved in any of the messing that went on after the red card. Usually Taarabt would be the man causing flash points but he never got involved. Have to hold my hand up, I thought it was a stupid signing as I didn't think he could offer anything substantial on a consistent basis but if he can maintain this form (even a close to this form) up until May then he will have been a good signing.

Solid win today overall. The most important thing being that we actually were good value for the win and played with confidence throughout despite missing a few starters. Disappointed that Saponara couldn't get more involved but happy to see him get a game. Honda is either not at full match fitness due to the Russian league break or he is not comfortable wide right because he looks like he doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing half the time, although he came into the game well in the 2nd half.

Seedorf had a very good game I thought. Could be seen tinkering and encouraging throughout and was also very smart to sub both Muntari and Constant when he did as I honestly think they both could have seen red if they played 90 mins. Good win overall, Roll on Juve :cool: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Had another solid performance again today. Links up well down the wing regardless of who's behind him and his close control is unbelievable. Was quiet in the second half but that was more due to the fact that we just passed it around without looking to threaten after the second goal.

Was also impressed by the fact that he didn't get involved in any of the messing that went on after the red card. Usually Taarabt would be the man causing flash points but he never got involved. Have to hold my hand up, I thought it was a stupid signing as I didn't think he could offer anything substantial on a consistent basis but if he can maintain this form (even a close to this form) up until May then he will have been a good signing.

Solid win today overall. The most important thing being that we actually were good value for the win and played with confidence throughout despite missing a few starters. Disappointed that Saponara couldn't get more involved but happy to see him get a game. Honda is either not at full match fitness due to the Russian league break or he is not comfortable wide right because he looks like he doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing half the time, although he came into the game well in the 2nd half.

Seedorf had a very good game I thought. Could be seen tinkering and encouraging throughout and was also very smart to sub both Muntari and Constant when he did as I honestly think they both could have seen red if they played 90 mins. Good win overall, Roll on Juve :cool: :p
    I think Taarabt and Honda are definitely suffering from match fitness, hence why he tailed off in second half.
    I always been a fan off both, think Taarabt was always the type off player that would struggle consistently in England with the tactics played there.

I wonder how Galliani will try put a nice spin on our season being dead after this game.

Tonight really epitomized our season. No heart or fight. Too many average players. Atletico weren't even that good imo. IIt was the difference between their hunger and ours as well as our stunningly average team. Bonera, Essien, Taarabt, Robinho, Emanuelson and more aren't of the standard and were badly shown up tonight

The season ain't over so neither is the humiliation. Today was another rotten day at the office. 4 goals conceeded again, protests again & a bad performance yet again. One of the Italian papers is saying Inzaghi will step in for Seedore either now or in June. Like that'd solve a thing, AC Milan is just the blame game now & the people playing it are the problem.

GTR63 wrote: »
    The season ain't over so neither is the humiliation. Today was another rotten day at the office. 4 goals conceeded again, protests again & a bad performance yet again. One of the Italian papers is saying Inzaghi will step in for Seedore either now or in June. Like that'd solve a thing, AC Milan is just the blame game now & the people playing it are the problem.

If Seedorf goes, so does my last shred of hope for rejuvenation

• Advertisement

If Seedorf goes, so does my last shred of hope for rejuvenation
    I gave up any hope of rejuvenation after Zlatan & Silva got sold to PSG tbh. The club basically admitted we weren`t interested in challenging for honors no more.
    Maldini has again been critical of the club. Following Sacchi, Boban & the Ultras in criticising the club.
    Paolo Maldini has hit out at a Milan he sees as ‘destroyed’: “Adriano Galliani feels all powerful. There is no project.”

The Rossoneri are enduring a difficult campaign and have seen a change in Coach fail to arrest the decline in results.

Former full-back Maldini, who in 24 seasons with the club won a total of 26 major honours, has reflected on his dismay in seeing the club struggle.

The weekend defeat at home to Parma saw fans protest and had the retired full-back watching on.

“Yes I watched the game, as well as the match with Atletico and nearly all of those of the past two years,” began Maldini to the Gazzetta dello Sport today.

“Inside me there is a mixture of anger and disappointment, not so much for the results, because they are the 10th or 11th to have arrived, but because the impression is that they have thrown away what was built with hard work over the previous 10 years.

“For me this is very bad. Milan have had the good fortune of having many winning cycles with similar synergies of men, I know how much work there was behind so many triumphs, what it took to build such a beautiful story. To see it all destroyed drives me crazy.”

The 45-year-old was asked how he believes the club has been destroyed.

“It stems from the exit of many players with a winning mentality. I believe that the successes first depend on the men.

“Milan have had so many pass through over the last 25 years, but how many of those work at the club? None. Milan’s history is Filippo Galli, head of the youth sector.

“And then there is Tassotti, who I believe could leave at the end of the season. If so it would be another crazy move. We will lose another piece of history. I hope that it is not true.

“At Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, the past greats work at the club. This is the first big problem. Juve has understood and has restructured using a solid group of Italians who know how to achieve success.

“Mine is not a personal discourse. Some might think that I spit in the plate where I ate, but it is not so. I suffer in seeing Milan under these conditions. I have two children who play in the youth sector, one is now on loan at Brescia. I feel a part of the club.”

Maldini was asked of the fans’ protests against action in the transfer market.

“The club must make clear that it has other goals - it cannot compete with Juve and it is not among the top 10 in Europe.

“There is no project, they look at today and not tomorrow. You have to buy players functional to the game, do not sign only on a free. You may get it right sometimes, but not always. And then if you hand out a colossal contract, it serves no purpose. But the problem is structural.

“Should Galliani stay or go? It is not for me to say. I think that when you feel all powerful, it is not clear that the results were obtained thanks to others. To win, we want ideas, design, passion. At Milan there remains only passion. It is not enough.

“Can Barbara Berlusconi lead Milan? I do not know. It depends on those around her. I do not think she is an expert on football and footballers.”

Maldini has been linked with a return to the Giuseppe Meazza in a technical position, and was quizzed on that.

“I had two interviews with Barbara, after the division of responsibilities I have been designated as the successor to Galliani in the technical area, but I have not heard from anyone.

“She wanted me to convey everything we have talked about so far, I was ready for a role in the sporting area, but there has been no follow up.”

Maldini was asked if Coach Clarence Seedorf, with his Milan past, was in the right place to help the club.

“It is logical that he does not have experience, he has great courage and personality, but even Guardiola could not do anything. Do not blame Clarence. There is a lack of clarity in objectives.

“Maybe at the end of the season there could be a more conservative Coach, then a good start to next year. So there is a risk he will get burned.

“Allegri’s dismissal? The situation in the table was bad, but I never believed another Coach could do better or make a change during the season.

“Inzaghi for the future? He has spent two years with the youth academy and this counts. But a rookie Coach must be supported by a very strong structure and not get burned. Sacchi and Capello at the start could rely on great champions.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Time to ressurect this bad boy. The derby is tonight @ 19:45 and Seedorf has called up El Shaarawy

Full squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Abate, Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Zapata, Emanuelson, Essien, De Jong, Honda, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Taarabt, Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Pazzini, Robinho.

El Shaarawy
    El Shaarawy
    El Shaarawy
    El Shaarawy

Been too long since this thread has seen a bit of life.

There has been a steady improvement in the way the team has played up until the Roma game last weekend. I'm actually fairly confident heading into the derby tonight!

Expecting us to line out with

Abbiati
    De Sciglio - Rami - Mexes - Constant
    Montolivo - De Jong
    Poli - Kaká - Taarabt
    Balotelli

That being said, there are a few others who I won't be surprised to see start. Bonera has been favoured at RB and Urby has also seen time at LB. Then there's Zapata who could play in the middle and Muntari or Essien could be used to shore up the midfield. Honda could also be used wide right but I get the impression that Poli is preferred in the bigger games. I can't see Seedorf starting Pazzini and moving Balotelli out wide either and rightly so.

El Shaarawy has really been eased back into things gently it seems so hopefully the fact that he's in the squad now means he is fit to play some part in the game :D

Milan XI: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Constant; De Jong, Montolivo; Poli, Kaka, Taarabt; Balotelli.

Inter XI: Handanovic; Ranocchia, Samuel, Rolando; Jonathan, Hernanes, Cambiasso, Kovacic, Nagatomo; Palacio, Icardi

Milan start as expected with Poli wide right, possibly dropping back to form a 4-3-2-1 at times with Kaká and Taarabt behind Balo. The bench also looks fairly strong. Have to say this is probably the strongest squad we've had for a match all year.

Muntari, Essien, Abate, Zapata, Pazzini, El Shaarawy, Honda, Robinho all on the bench.

Coppola, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Birsa, Cristante, Saponara and Petagna are the missing players.

Mario really needs to step up tonight.

• Advertisement

1-0 Milan. Mario with a beauty of a ball in, NDJ hammers it home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Massive win for Milan and well deserved but it wasn't the prettiest game of football to watch.

Desperate game, Milan not great but the better team still. Inter were absolutely dire.

New Milan 1st and 2nd kits for next season. Second kit is "in hounour" of the Brazilian national team and features a yellow shirt with green trim. First kit uses the "classic" club crest and has a button up neck and round collar.

First time I haven't loved a Milan home jersey in years. Fugly.

Bm364f3IQAAZcEK.jpg

328776.jpg

So, eh, guess who turns 16 in June and will be eligible to play for the first team next season?
    Hint, it's not the one with the heavy touch who's crap at fifa.

Milan asked 3 times, once last season and twice this season, for an exemption to allow them to play Mastour in Serie A before he turned 16 but were turned down. I expect him to be named in the pre-season tour squad and make his Serie A debut before Christmas.

Seaneh wrote: »
    So, eh, guess who turns 16 in June and will be eligible to play for the first team next season?
    Hint, it's not the one with the heavy touch who's crap at fifa.

Milan asked 3 times, once last season and twice this season, for an exemption to allow them to play Mastour in Serie A before he turned 16 but were turned down. I expect him to be named in the pre-season tour squad and make his Serie A debut before Christmas.

Dya think its's a case of too much too soon?

Haven't seen enough of him to know how well he'd be able to adapt. Could be the next Messi in terms of skill but 16 is very very young to be playing with the 1st team.

Hopefully he's integrated slowly and by the time he starts making appearances he'll already be up to speed. Looks to be a real talent.

Dya think its's a case of too much too soon?

Haven't seen enough of him to know how well he'd be able to adapt. Could be the next Messi in terms of skill but 16 is very very young to be playing with the 1st team.

Hopefully he's integrated slowly and by the time he starts making appearances he'll already be up to speed. Looks to be a real talent.

I don't think he'll be thrown in at the deep end, it's not Milan's style, but I'd expect him to get a run out.

I've seen a few Italy under age games and a few Milan under age games he's played in and he has consistently been the best player on the pitch, he's head and shoulders above his peers at that level. He wouldn't physically be able for a full game at senior level, he's only about 5'7" and pretty light weight, but I look forward to seeing him take the absolute piss out of fullbacks next season when given the chance.

I don't think he'll be thrown in at the deep end, it's not Milan's style, but I'd expect him to get a run out.

I've seen a few Italy under age games and a few Milan under age games he's played in and he has consistently been the best player on the pitch, he's head and shoulders above his peers at that level. He wouldn't physically be able for a full game at senior level, he's only about 5'7" and pretty light weight, but I look forward to seeing him take the absolute piss out of fullbacks next season when given the chance.

Yeah hopefully he's handled properly and not burdened by expectation.

Leaves us with a potential attack (In about 3 years) of:

Balotelli (26)
    EL Shaarawy (24) -- Mastour (19) -- Niang (22)

Of course it's highly likely at least 1 or 2 of these will not be with Milan in 3 years, but it does look fairly great.

Kevin Constant or Djamel Mesbah, I can't decide which of those two is the worst player I have ever seen play for Milan.

Well feck me sideways...
    What a strike, no Europa League for Milan next year.

• Advertisement

Amazing goal!

Well feck me sideways...
    What a strike, no Europa League for Milan next year.

A blessing in disguise as long as Seedorf doesn't get the sack.

A blessing in disguise as long as Seedorf doesn't get the sack.

Whoever is there next season it won't matter a feck if Galliani doesn't very quickly return to form on the transfer market.

Milan need to sign Rami permanently, he's been very good since coming it. If Alex is signed from PSG that would be another very good centre back and along with Abate and De Sciglio the back 4 would be sorted.

A top class GK has to be a priority as well, Abbiati is past it and even when he was at his best he was never good enough to be a Milan starter.

Constant, Essien, Matri, Muntari, Robinho, Birsa, Silvestre, Vila, Nocerino, Traore, Coppola and Abbiati all need to be shipped out this summer, not one of them is of the standard required and some of them aren't even good enough to be in the match day squad of a club hoping to qualify for the CL.

Milan need to sign 5 or 6 new players between first team and rotation options, defence and GK have to be a priority.

Winning goal for those who didn't see the match.

I believe the appropriate term for this is "unbelievable tekkers".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Mastour in the squad for the weekends game, Interesting to see if he get's a run out.

I hope he gets to make his début for the last 15 minutes on Sunday if things are going well.

Milan Starting XI (4-3-2-1): Abbiati; De Sciglio, Rami, Mexes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Kakà, Taarabt; Pazzini.

Balotelli and El Shaarawy aren't starting :(

What a goal!

Great strike.. Should be 1-1 though

• Advertisement

Game over, Milan playing full of confidence

Advertisement