Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Good chance to give Mastour a run out for 20 mins or so now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Good chance to give Mastour a run out for 20 mins or so now.

If they score another goal I can see him coming on.

Mexes didn't touch him, your man should have got a yellow for diving!

The Ref has made a balls of this game all night.

No matter the score toinight Parma's win means they go through, the ref was cat though. Mexes's second yellow was zero contact and Di Sciglio won the ball cleanly and got sent off and a peno against. Canna's sending off was over the top as well and the ref gave lots of stupid cards and frees when not needed. Horrible reffing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Seaneh wrote: »
    No matter the score toinight Parma's win means they go through, the ref was cat though. Mexes's second yellow was zero contact and Di Sciglio won the ball cleanly and got sent off and a peno against. Canna's sending off was over the top as well and the ref gave lots of stupid cards and frees when not needed. Horrible reffing.

The worst I've seen in a while, usually the standard of officiating is high enough.

Good win but we almost crumbled at the end. They were given far too many chances as well. Strange that Balotelli didn't start. El Shaarawy had another good game when he came on.

Although I was excited to see him, I'm kind of glad that Mastour didn't play. No need to be throwing him in at the deep end when he hasn't even had a pre-season with the first team squad.

Also glad that we dodged the Europa. Securing CL football next year has to be the absolute priority. Players need to leave and money needs to be spent in order to compete.

Anyone know the score with Seedorf and Emery as a possible replacement?

Pretty good choice if Emery is brought in imo.

Anyone know the score with Seedorf and Emery as a possible replacement?

Pretty good choice if Emery is brought in imo.

No news at all, just lots of rumours. I'd take Emery, he's a good coach but I feel Seedorf would be very hard done by to not be given a chance at a whole season with his own input on signings.

He came in, took over someone else's squad, steadied the ship and almost squeaked EL, I think he did very well over all considering.

I agree, I don't understand Galliani and Silvios comments about him.

He's done fine, he seems to have the players and fans on his side.

Stfu and let him do his job imo.

I agree, I don't understand Galliani and Silvios comments about him.

He's done fine, he seems to have the players and fans on his side.

Stfu and let him do his job imo.

Pretty much, you brought him in, gave him a long-ish contract and now you're shipping him off without ever really backing him.

Sign some players and give him a lash or stfu.

Only good thing about Emery is I can't see him agreeing to take over unless promised some decent signings.

• Advertisement

If Seedorf is sacked, then Emery is probably the best realistic target we could hope for at this stage. (Going by what I've read about him, haven't seen much of Sevilla)

B&G have officially lost the plot though. There is no plan and they have deluded themselves into thinking that they are helping the club when in reality they are harming it. Barbara Berlusconi keeps ranting on about how Milan need to take an Atletico Madrid approach next season but she simply doesn't realise that in order to take an Atletico approach, she needs Atletico-quality players.

It's do or die for Berlusconi, he needs to invest or find somebody else who will.

In fairness Barbara could rant at me anyday :pac::pac::pac:

Rumours circulating online that Seedorf has been axed with Inzaghi set to replace him (no concrete sources to link).

Looks like the circus is set to continue. B&G have lost it altogether.

Looks like Seedorf out, Inzaghi in as expected:
    http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1833373?&cc=5739

There's also reports of B setting a €2.5m cap on transfers. He may have built much of Milan's success, but he's also single-handedly destroying the club.

Montolivo fractured his Tibia tonight against us (Ireland) and will miss the World Cup :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seedorf sacked. Filippo Inzaghi installed! :eek:

Madness.

mike65 wrote: »
    Seedorf sacked. Filippo Inzaghi installed! :eek:

No surprise to anyone really, been on the cards since the end of April, it's just been a matter of when not if.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hard to see Milan ever getting back to where they were without new owners.

Worst kept secret in football alright, but a mind-boggling decision.

• Advertisement

Worst kept secret in football alright, but a mind-boggling decision.

Makes no sense, but it's Berlusconi, nothing about the man makes any sense.

Slipping further into turmoil. Signed Alex on a free and Menez looks set to sign too.

Can't see us signing Doria now with Seedorf gone :(

Alex and Rami at centre back would be a big step up from what we started with this time last year (Zapata and Mexes). If we can keep Mexes and Zapata as rotation players and ship our Bonera and play Abate and De Sciglio at fullback, we're looking a lot more solid at the back.

I think menez signing means Pippo sees us playing 4-2-3-1 with SES and Menez on the wings, the pace of those two behind Balotelli would scare the bejaysus out of most teams.
    The question is who plays #10 in the attacking midfield 3. Is Kaka staying or leaving? If he leaves do we sign someone else or take a risk on Honda or Taarabt? Will De Jong stay or will van Gaal come looking for him? Is Agazzi good enough to be Milan's #1?

I think Pippo has it in him to be a great manager, his record with the under age teams is exceptional and all of his ex-team mates have said they always knew he'd be a coach after he finished.

This summer is make or break for Milan's medium to long term plans in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sad to see a giant of European football being run into the ground. Instead of just sacking managers, it's about time that Berlusconi and Galliani took responsibility for the mess that they've got the club into. Do these fools seriously expect that a manager can be competitive with players like Taarabt, Birsa, Matri, Essien and Constant in the squad?

I don't think Galliani can be blamed for it though, he's been completely hamstrung by Belrusconi and his daughter undermining him constantly and selling the best players but not replacing them.

It's time for Berlusconi to leave, but Galliani should be kept and let do what he's the best in the world at.

Menez was shiite at Roma too. Wouldn't exactly be excited about that signing.

Menez was shiite at Roma too. Wouldn't exactly be excited about that signing.

I dunno, I think he's a decent player. Nothing to get excited about but at least he offers something Milan don't have in that he's fast, can go past players and play out wide.

Alex and Rami at centre back would be a big step up from what we started with this time last year (Zapata and Mexes). If we can keep Mexes and Zapata as rotation players and ship our Bonera and play Abate and De Sciglio at fullback, we're looking a lot more solid at the back.
    In agreement here. Although I feel that Abbiati should not have been kept on as he is too error-prone imo.
    I think menez signing means Pippo sees us playing 4-2-3-1 with SES and Menez on the wings, the pace of those two behind Balotelli would scare the bejaysus out of most teams.
    The question is who plays #10 in the attacking midfield 3. Is Kaka staying or leaving? If he leaves do we sign someone else or take a risk on Honda or Taarabt? Will De Jong stay or will van Gaal come looking for him? Is Agazzi good enough to be Milan's #1?

It's gott en so bad that keeping SES and Balo would be regarded as a good mercato for me :o

Kaká is rumoured to be having family issues and so he could leave this summer. As much as I enjoy having him back, and he had a good season, it's probably best for both parties if he moves on.

De Jong is a must-keep imo. Was probably our best player last season and he has a real winners attitude that the team is lacking. Haven't seen enough of Agazzi to comment but I'd imagine he was bought as a backup. Mattia Perin should have been our priority for GK.

I'd be happy enough if we lined out on the first day of the season with:

Abbiati
    Abate
    Rami
    Alex
    De Sciglio
    Cristante----De Jong
    Menez
    Honda
    El Shaarawy
    Balotelli

With Montolivo coming back from injury and Agazzi, Zapata, Constant, Poli, Muntari, Mastour, Pazzini and Paloschi providing reasonable cover on the bench.

Lining out like this, and having as much of the deadwood cleared out as possible, is probably the best we can hope for at this stage.

Still major doubt over the signing of Taarabt, whether or not Balotelli, Abate, Honda and MDS will stay and the ability to find new clubs for the others.

Good news at last.

Milan have turned down a bid for Bryan Cristante from Benfica.

http://football-italia.net/50419/milan-reject-benficas-cristante-bid

• Advertisement

Also, Tassotti staying on as assistant manager and they have also brought in Giovanni Vio as set piece coach from Fiorentina, which is good news, as it was badly needed.

http://football-italia.net/50407/tassotti-stays-vio

Menez set to sign as well.

Strange summer so far

So Menez is official now.

10441100_10152131258836937_3954879880470490148_n.png?oh=9ea80595fde561c075b6389429f12ea4&oe=540E4C2F&__gda__=1410639312_45fbb78cafe80856b65c69e00feb2427

And this little rumour is pretty exciting.
    It’s reported Milan are offering €25m for Verona starlet Juan Iturbe, but face competition from Roma, Juventus and more.

The Argentina international is now owned outright by Verona, who activated their buy-out clause after a season-long loan spell.

However, Iturbe is not expected to remain at the Stadio Bentegodi, as his price-tag has rocketed thanks to performances this term.

According to today’s edition of the Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has given the go-ahead to a €25m offer for Iturbe.

The 21-year-old would be a huge investment for new Coach Pippo Inzaghi, joining Jeremy Menez and Alex in the side.

The money could be spent better elsewhere imo but I'll certainly not complain if he signs :D

The money could be spent better elsewhere imo but I'll certainly not complain if he signs :D

If Rami is signed permanently I reckon him and Alex is a very good pairing, especially with no European competition to worry about so we're sorted there.

Agazzi is a good upgrade on Abbiati and will be a welcome addition in goal.

A front 3 of Iturbe, Balotelli and SES would be very exciting. Would just need to sign someone to play in a midfield 3 with De Jong and Monti if kaka leaves.

If Rami is signed permanently I reckon him and Alex is a very good pairing, especially with no European competition to worry about so we're sorted there.

Agazzi is a good upgrade on Abbiati and will be a welcome addition in goal.

A front 3 of Iturbe, Balotelli and SES would be very exciting. Would just need to sign someone to play in a midfield 3 with De Jong and Monti if kaka leaves.

Our defence has been improved yeah But I would have liked to have seen some investment in the future. Doria or Edér Alvarez Balanta would have been very welcome additions.

Do you think Agazzi will play as the no.1?

Also, our formation is a bit up in the air at the minute with 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2 all being mooted.

Looks like Kaká is going to leave and I really hope he is followed by Mexes, Muntari, Constant and more as the wage bill (and deadwood) needs to be reduced.

• Advertisement

I hope Mexes is sold to PSG. I have no idea who would take the others and Essien (why was he ever signed?).

I hope Agazzi starts, he's a better keeper than Abbiati.

I hope Mexes is sold to PSG. I have no idea who would take the others and Essien (why was he ever signed?).

I hope Agazzi starts, he's a better keeper than Abbiati.

My thoughts exactly :pac:

Where would Iturbe play if he was signed? If the plan is to play him right wing then why did we buy Menez.

I have a feeling there's a 0% chance of us signing him and it's all just smoke by Berlusconi and co to help appease the fans. They know that Verona already rejected a €23m bid for him so why would they accept €2m more.

I'd say Milan know the bid will be rejected (presuming the rumours of a bif are true) and it still makes it look like they're trying to sign better players without actually spending any money. :rolleyes:

Based on these World Cup games you'd think we'd be in contention for the Champions League with our players!

De Jong solid as a rock in Holland's 5-1 win over Spain
    Zapata in cruise control for a clean sheet against the Greeks
    Balotelli win the winning goal and got MOTM against England
    and now Honda is tearing it up for Japan against the Ivory Coast

Problems? What problems?? :pac:

What do you lads think the chances are of us going for Cech? With Courtios going back to Chelsea I can't see Cech being happy as backup to a kid and I reckon Chelsea will let him leave, and I'd say they'd prefer if he didn't move to an English club or another CL club. Would be pretty cheap and I think he is still a top class 'keeper.

What do you lads think the chances are of us going for Cech? With Courtios going back to Chelsea I can't see Cech being happy as backup to a kid and I reckon Chelsea will let him leave, and I'd say they'd prefer if he didn't move to an English club or another CL club. Would be pretty cheap and I think he is still a top class 'keeper.
    I'd absolutely love it. Still has another few years at the top and he's streets ahead of what we have.

Would be too clever of a signing for us to complete though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any truth in the rumours that Balo is going back to the premiereship

Doubt it. Just paper talk.

I've always rated Astori and think one of our biggest transfer mistakes in recent years was selling the 50% of his contract we owned. Would be great to sign him back and he'd offer good competition for places to Rami and Alex.

Davide Astori’s agent says he’d ‘do anything’ to return to Milan:
    As reports indicate he will definitely leave Cagliari this summer, Davide Astori’s agent says he’d ‘do anything’ to return to Milan.

The 27-year-old came through the youth ranks at the Rossoneri and ever since moving out to the Isolani, has been linked with a return to San Siro.

Whilst heading into this summer with speculation of particular interest from Lazio and Roma, Milan have again been reported as in the picture and have now been pulled out as the player’s preferred option.

“Davide would do anything to play for Milan,” Astori’s agent Renzo Contratto has told spaziomilan.it this week.

“We will talk to the new owners of Cagliari to find an ideal solution.

“He has the age and right maturity now to make the leap.”

L’Unione Sarda, meanwhile, are running the line that whilst the club’s prospective new owners have been making a ‘special effort’ to keep hold of the team’s best players, Astori’s exit looks ‘certain’.

The Sardinian publication assert that with the defender’s contract expiring in June 2015, he has apparently made clear he will not renew.

I've always rated Astori and think one of our biggest transfer mistakes in recent years was selling the 50% of his contract we owned. Would be great to sign him back and he'd offer good competition for places to Rami and Alex.

Davide Astori’s agent says he’d ‘do anything’ to return to Milan:

Agree 100%, was a huge blunder letting him go. He's developed well imo, I think he'd be a better option then Paletta in the Italian setup, personally.

Agree 100%, was a huge blunder letting him go. He's developed well imo, I think he'd be a better option then Paletta in the Italian setup, personally.

I agree with that yeah. Paletta is a decent defender but it's so bloody slow. Astori has everything Paletta has and he's faster and a lot better with the ball at feet.

Not much happening as of late. Played our first friendly against Renate 2 days ago. Beat them 2-0 with SES and Saponara getting on the scoresheet. Watched the game online, was a very drab affair with lots of rotation and a low tempo.

So far we've made a few additions to the side with a few players leaving as well:

Players In -Alex and Jeremy Menez from PSG (Both free transfers), Andrea Poli and Ricardo Saponara have both been bought outright, Agazzi has been signed as a back up keeper and Rami has been purchased outright for €3.75m, which is a steal. M'baye Niang has also returned from his loan and looks set to stay as we can't seem to find a club for him :eek:

Players Out - Kaká has left by mutual consent. He's heading to Brazil before moving to the MLS. Urby Emanuelson has transferred to Roma, Bakaye Traore has left for Bursaspor and Fernando Coppola has left for Bologna - all on free transfers. Marco Amelia has been released. Adel Taarabt and Matias Silvestre have both left after their loans expired. Nocerino and Matri have both been loaned out again along with Valter Birsa.

We're doing a decent job of clearing some of the deadwood but more needs to be done. Robinho looks to be on his way out, hopefully followed by Mexes as they're two of our highest earners and are being paid too much to sit on the bench.

The lack of quality signings we're being linked with is worrying however, but is hardly surprising. Alessio Cerci and Domenico Criscito seem to be the two players we look most likely to sign and while I'd be happy enough with them, it's nowhere near enough. A Left Back and Right Winger appear to be the priority (I'm bemused as to why we've signed Menez). Ljajic is also being mooted and there's a few reports of Isco (would be a dream) but so far, things aren't looking too bright for next season.

Diego Lopez looks set to sign on a free transfer from Madrid. Absolutely fantastic transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Ahhh placed a bet on Honda scoring 1st and he's not even starting. Still he will come on in a dull game score the 1st and a 1-1 draw.

beauty of a finish from Menez there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

STEPHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!! NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Advertisement
Advertisement