Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If we 'cashed in' on them I bet we would spend about 25 of that and the rest would just go to expenses. We sold Kaka and 2 to PSG last summer then did nothing with that money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Gattuso new coach at Palermo, hopefully he lasts longer than the average 3 days that they hire/fire managers. Best of luck Rino.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

If Milan have any ambition to be great again they need to keep El Shaarawy.

Tevez is reportedly close to joining for €10 million so they could have a very exciting forward-line next season with him, El Shaarawy and Balotelli. Improve the midfield and they could be challenging Juve and Europe's elite again.

Monaco linked with De Sciglio today. Ugh I think I need a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Bit unrealistic to look for €10m for Robinho when he rarely played for us and we clearly want to sell him. We should meet them half way and sell him for around €7.5m/8m and get it over with.

He's on €4m per year as well which is an added incentive to sell him asap.

Another player on €4m is Mexes, although I don't think his contribution warrants it. Hard to replace him though I suppose

So Monto is the new club captain.
    Oh and our owner has been found guilty of paying for sex with a teenage prostitute.
    Because thats how we roll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Normal day at the office for Berlu.

Yesterday in an interview with one of the sports dailies Galliani said that Milan and Inter want to buy the San Siro together.

Great news if true, cuts the costs for both clubs but they still have the same return as they would if they both owned their own stadia.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yesterday in an interview with one of the sports dailies Galliani said that Milan and Inter want to buy the San Siro together.

Great news if true, cuts the costs for both clubs but they still have the same return as they would if they both owned their own stadia.

Morrati dropped the idea of building their own stadium fairly quickly. They are on about buying other buildings around the San Siro too.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Morrati dropped the idea of building their own stadium fairly quickly. They are on about buying other buildings around the San Siro too.

It makes sense for both clubs. They can make all the changes they want/need to as well and optimise the san siro to their needs. It's the best solution for both clubs, the San Siro is one of the most iconic grounds in world football and part of both teams identity, really hope they buy it together and improve it into an even better stadium.

Nowhere in the world like the San Siro on a big night with the Curva's full for a derby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

In fairness he has been trying for quite a while now but hasn't been able to get it done, not least because the council won't allow it.
    It makes sense for both clubs. They can make all the changes they want/need to as well and optimise the san siro to their needs. It's the best solution for both clubs, the San Siro is one of the most iconic grounds in world football and part of both teams identity, really hope they buy it together and improve it into an even better stadium.
    I'd say that is the most realistic option but would still take a hell of a lot to do, can't see the council selling it unless they get big money for it and they would probably need to buy the horse racing track too if they wanted to do the stadium up, which would probably cost a huge amount too.
    Nowhere in the world like the San Siro on a big night with the Curva's full for a derby!
    Completely agree with that, nowhere I've been has the same feel as the San Siro.

dor83 wrote: »
    In fairness he has been trying for quite a while now but hasn't been able to get it done, not least because the council won't allow it.

I'd say that is the most realistic option but would still take a hell of a lot to do, can't see the council selling it unless they get big money for it and they would probably need to buy the horse racing track too if they wanted to do the stadium up, which would probably cost a huge amount too.

Completely agree with that, nowhere I've been has the same feel as the San Siro.

Galliani actually said in the interview that Milan and Inter want to buy the race track!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Galliani actually said in the interview that Milan and Inter want to buy the race track!
    Yeah, but I think that would be very difficult, didn't they have trouble the last time they tried to buy it? That's why the orange section is only 2 tiers isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

New shirt released

1045008_10200828687252641_829494740_n.jpg

Posted this in the transfer thread but I feel it applies here...

Tevez is a great signing for Juventus. Wanted Milan to get him but they choose not to for whatever reason. The 1 remaining non-EU spot and Robinho still being a part of the squad were probably the 2 deciding factors. I still think we should have got him when we had the chance though seeing as he was so cheap.

€12m for Tevez? Bargain of the summer and that will not be beaten.
    €5.5m wages means he took roughly a 50% pay cut. He'll get bonuses as well but he must have really wanted to leave City.

Hoping Milan use their remaining non-EU spot for Keisuke Honda. Him and Tevez were always going to be the 2 bargain buys this summer. €6-7m and he'll be sold. Would be a great investment for any club.

A 4-3-2-1 formation (Ancelotti's Champions League-winning Christmas tree) would be a lot more suitable than a 4-3-1-2 formation as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Posted this in the transfer thread but I feel it applies here...

Tevez is a great signing for Juventus. Wanted Milan to get him but they choose not to for whatever reason. The 1 remaining non-EU spot and Robinho still being a part of the squad were probably the 2 deciding factors. I still think we should have got him when we had the chance though seeing as he was so cheap.

€12m for Tevez? Bargain of the summer and that will not be beaten.
    €5.5m wages means he took roughly a 50% pay cut. He'll get bonuses as well but he must have really wanted to leave City.

Hoping Milan use their remaining non-EU spot for Keisuke Honda. Him and Tevez were always going to be the 2 bargain buys this summer. €6-7m and he'll be sold. Would be a great investment for any club.

A 4-3-2-1 formation (Ancelotti's Champions League-winning Christmas tree) would be a lot more suitable than a 4-3-1-2 formation as well.

Juve will cakewalk Scudetto again next season. Llorente and Tevez, sick pairing. If they get another good season out of Pirlo and Vidal keeps up his level they'll be dark horses for the CL too imo.

Set to dominate Serie A I reckon.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Juve will cakewalk Scudetto again next season. Llorente and Tevez, sick pairing. If they get another good season out of Pirlo and Vidal keeps up his level they'll be dark horses for the CL too imo.

18/1 for the Champions League is a great bet.

Unfortunately, they will walk the league next year and this will both help and hinder them in the Champions League.

I'd feel they now have a squad so strong, only Bayern and Barca can match it.

And just when Milan were looking promising too :o

I'd much rather see us get a midfielder or defender than a striker. We have Niang, Pazzini, El Shaarawy and Balotelli so we're grand. Would take Honda alrite but only dirt cheap we need some quality in midfield and another centre back(Bonera, Mexes, Zapata and Vergara is something we could improve on).

• Advertisement

I'd much rather see us get a midfielder or defender than a striker. We have Niang, Pazzini, El Shaarawy and Balotelli so we're grand. Would take Honda alrite but only dirt cheap we need some quality in midfield and another centre back(Bonera, Mexes, Zapata and Vergara is something we could improve on).

True enough. Tevez was a steal at that price though. Honda looks like it could well happen. I'd be happy with that but clearing out some more deadwood and signing a good centre back is a must.

Traore and Robinho have to go. Antonini serves no purpose either if we still have Constant.

What good centre backs are possibilites though? Astori looks the most likely.

I swear to God if we sign Matri..............

Berlu would deserve the slammer if we do sign the shìttier version of Pazzini.
    If we need a new forward we could let Niang play centrally more often rather than a chalk on the boots right winger. Astori, I dunno I hate seeing us buy back a guy we sold for peanuts years ago. Here's where i'd name a player I like but with our budget i'd be talking rubbish about having us look at Mr. X or Y.

Berlu would deserve the slammer if we do sign the shìttier version of Pazzini.
    If we need a new forward we could let Niang play centrally more often rather than a chalk on the boots right winger. Astori, I dunno I hate seeing us buy back a guy we sold for peanuts years ago. Here's where i'd name a player I like but with our budget i'd be talking rubbish about having us look at Mr. X or Y.

What budget? :pac:

Agree completely. We do look set for the future if we refrain from selling off our best talent. Hachim Mastour looks like a gem of a player and the goalkeeping coach apparently told Galliani that "Gabriel will become the first choice goalkeeper at Milan" so he must be quite a prospect too.

Niang has so much raw potential, SES will improve and when he finds the net again, people will stop going on about his "poor second half of the season" - (I honestly think he was still very good. His workrate was probably what let him down in the sense that he worked so hard off the ball, he was nackered when he got possession. He can be the club icon Milan need if they keep him and treat him well)

Montolivo has years on the clock still, De Jong is THE enforcer in world football (also a better passer of the ball than he gets credit for) and Cristante is held in very high regard as well.

De Sciglio and Abate, enough said. People criticise Abate but he is as good as you'll get without shelling out (good full backs are hard to come by)

If Boateng stays, he can do a big job as well if gets back on form.

Sort out the centre backs, trim the deadwood, keep our better players and - with one or two shrew purchases and a bit of solid backroom business (we need to buy and renovate the San Siro in the next 5 years) - we can become a top European force again.

We took big steps last summer, I hope we don't take a backwards one this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

He didn't have a good season last season.

He didn't have a good season last season.

Not true. It wasn't his best ever season by any means but he was an important part of Juve's success last season. Granted he was found wanting in the Champions League in a few games but so were many a player vs the Bayern machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Not true. It wasn't his best ever season by any means but he was an important part of Juve's success last season. Granted he was found wanting in the Champions League in a few games but so were many a player vs the Bayern machine.

He was absolutely no where near the level he was at the season before. He had a lot of very ropey performances in Serie A.

• Advertisement

http://www.football-italia.net/35887/galliani-will-speak-el-shaarawy
    Galliani will speak to El Shaarawy on Tuesday, we should know a bit more then. I hope for BS quotes of 'He was never available for sale' to appear.
    Nobody will arrive until we sell too. Who have we got that could generate funds Traore, Nocerino, Robinho and then maybe Boateng.

http://www.football-italia.net/35887/galliani-will-speak-el-shaarawy
    Galliani will speak to El Shaarawy on Tuesday, we should know a bit more then. I hope for BS quotes of 'He was never available for sale' to appear.
    Nobody will arrive until we sell too. Who have we got that could generate funds Traore, Nocerino, Robinho and then maybe Boateng.

Those 3 must go.

Ambrosini, Bojan and Yepes are all gone too so that should free up some wages.

Poli is on the cards as well as Honda.

Rumours of Sakho which would be a dream come true

Problem is no one will get near Juve next season seeing how much they've strengthened upfront which was really their only weak point last season.

They could really dominate Serie A for years to come honestly.

Those 3 must go.

Ambrosini, Bojan and Yepes are all gone too so that should free up some wages.

Poli is on the cards as well as Honda.

Rumours of Sakho which would be a dream come true

Sakho seems to be more interested than we are. The fact PSG might want to keep him might hurt us when they look for cash. Maybe a loan or that

Allegri erm well spotting talent I guess.

• Advertisement

Sakho seems to be more interested than we are. The fact PSG might want to keep him might hurt us when they look for cash. Maybe a loan or that

What would you think of signing him?

I think €10-15m would be money well spent on him

What would you think of signing him?

I think €10-15m would be money well spent on him

Just can't see us spending that much, i'd rather someone around his age though.

Good to see. Hope he becomes an icon

I have a lot of faith in SES, delighted he will be staying.

I;m be fairly confident this means both Boateng and Robinho are out the door in the next few days/weeks though.

The latter is no loss but the former will need replacing.

Robinho leaving is such a positive it's not even funny! More game time for Niang, freed up wages, less distractions.

Will be sad to see Boateng go but I feel that if he goes for around €15-18m, a better player could definitely be brought in on lower wages.

Whether that "could" becomes a "will" is another thing.

Hope to see some positive signs from Cristante if he gets a chance.
    Would love to sign Halilovic be brought in as well, I've heard nothing but positive things about him and seems a real gem who is destined for big things

If we sell Teng we'll need to buy someone with legs and pace that can get through a lot of work. I like the look of Kondogbia at the u20s but fear a willy waving premier league team will go for him with more money.

If we sell him, Poli will be said to be his replacement. Either him or Kucka.

That's why I hope we keep Boateng.

http://football-italia.net/36043/report-milan-agree-poli-deal
    We've signed Poli from Samp.
    Money and half of Salamon.
    Meant to be €3m.

http://football-italia.net/36043/report-milan-agree-poli-deal
    We've signed Poli from Samp.
    Money and half of Salamon.
    Meant to be €3m.

does Salamon go to samp or stay at Milan?

• Advertisement

does Salamon go to samp or stay at Milan?

I imagine he'll head to Samp on loan. I hope so he got damn all game time since January.

Poli?
    Yay or Nay?
    Starter or sub?

Really haven't seen him play enough to judge.

Poli?
    Yay or Nay?
    Starter or sub?

Really haven't seen him play enough to judge.

Backup for Montolivo, which is something we don't currently have. Good player and a good price.

Two bittens of news.

Flamini has said he won't be renewing and is leaving the club.
    Bit disappointing, he had a good season last year, would be a good signing for any club really, even a top club as a rotation player.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to France.

Also, apparently Honda has signed a 4 year deal worth €2.5 million per year with Milan today but it's not known if it's for December when his CSKA contract ends of straight away.

Milan are set to offer CSKA Moscow €1.5m for Honda and already have an agreement with the player.

If they accept he'll move, if they look for any more than €2.5m he'll wait until January and move for free.

His wages are set to be €2.5m per year on a 4 year contract.

According to La Repubblica, Milan will generate €7 million more per year in merchandising if they sign Honda :eek:

Two bittens of news.

Flamini has said he won't be renewing and is leaving the club.
    Bit disappointing, he had a good season last year, would be a good signing for any club really, even a top club as a rotation player.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to France.

Also, apparently Honda has signed a 4 year deal worth €2.5 million per year with Milan today but it's not known if it's for December when his CSKA contract ends of straight away.

Flamini is looking for too much money and too long of a contract. If we keep Nocerino we have enough cover with him I think, even though he is better and played well last year. Sad to see him go but it's for the best.

Flamini was such a let down for me. Thought he'd be an immense signing but was injury prone and most of his performances were very average. His last 6 months were probably his best but he was probably just trying to get this new contract.

Taiwo is gone to Bursaspor. Undisclosed fee.

Vergara will now complete his move as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Merging Inter and Milan is a farcical idea. What next? Merge Lazio and Roma?

Everybody in Italy knows that the key to Italian clubs success is doing what Juve did - build and own your own stadium so you can drive greater revenues.

Until it is made easier for clubs to do this by circumventing local council bureaucracy, then Italian clubs will struggle financially to compete with the EPL, Bundesliga and to a lesser extent Spain (where most clubs are in serious debt now anyway)

Advertisement